PDA

View Full Version : It Has Been The Law Since 1940 For Immigrants To Carry Their ID

red states rule
05-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I wonder how the libs will spin this? Will we hear from BP, Gabby, or LN on this?

A law that has been on the books for 70 years - and AZ put some teeth in it

First, it brings Arizona law into conformity with federal law. As it has long been a federal crime to be in the country illegally, it is now a crime in Arizona.

Second, just as U.S. law since 1940 has required legal aliens -- immigrants and guest workers -- to carry their green cards or work visas at all times, Arizona law now says the same thing.

Is there something inhumane about this? If so, where have the protests been these last 70 years? Many of us in the 1950s had to carry not only driver's licenses, but draft cards.

No U.S. citizen in Arizona, however, has to carry an identity card. As for racial profiling, the new law forbids it. A police officer, it reads, "may not solely consider race, color or national origin" in stopping anyone or in determining an immigrant's status.

Before there can be a "reasonable suspicion" an individual is here illegally, there must first be a "lawful contact." This means no cop can halt and challenge a man on the street, or sitting in a restaurant or bar, or driving a car.

If an individual is caught running a traffic light, the police must first ask for his license. Only if the individual lacks a valid ID or driver's license, or his behavior causes "reasonable suspicion" he is an illegal, can he be brought in. Then, a call must be made to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to determine his status.

Where is the neo-Nazism here?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36777

Mr. P
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Facts, facts, facts!! IS THAT ALL YA GOT??!!!! You racist white bigot!

I hear a handful of South American counties have condemned Arizona! So has Mexico through the consulate in CALIFORNIA!

THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED, YOU RIGHT WING RACIST!!

The truth? HAHAHAHA we spit on the truth! Who's Country do you think THIS is anyway?

***Sarcasm off. Cuz the new members don't know me yet.:laugh2:

red states rule
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Facts, facts, facts!! IS THAT ALL YA GOT??!!!! You racist white bigot!

I hear a handful of South American counties have condemned Arizona! So has Mexico through the consulate in CALIFORNIA!

THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED, YOU RIGHT WING RACIST!!

The truth? HAHAHAHA we spit on the truth! Who's Country do you think THIS is anyway?

***Sarcasm off. Cuz the new members don't know me yet.:laugh2:

Thank you Mr P - all I ever wanted was a little recognition

I can see BP having a simlar reaction when he reads the OP og this thread

Binky
05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I wonde rhow the libs will spin this? Will we hear from BP, Gabby, or LN on this?

A law that has been on the books for 70 years - and AZ put some teeth in it

Sounds like common sense to me... Isn't that what the cops do all the time when having to pull one over? Asking to see the dr. lic is the normal thing....

I carry my ID at all times. If I'm out walking it's in my pocket. Who knows? Something could happen. I could be mugged and killed. So it's in my pocket for them to identiy me......Makes the whole process that much easier and damn sure smoother..... In the world we live in today, only a fool would leave home without it.......

red states rule
05-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Sounds like common sense to me... Isn't that what the cops do all the time when having to pull one over? Asking to see the dr. lic is the normal thing....

I carry my ID at all times. If I'm out walking it's in my pocket. Who knows? Something could happen. I could be mugged and killed. So it's in my pocket for them to identiy me......Makes the whole process that much easier and damn sure smoother..... In the world we live in today, only a fool would leave home without it.......

We have the common sense - while liberals have common nonsense. They know they are going to suffer serious losses in November - so they must have as many people available to show up at the polls in November

The fact that many may be here illegally and are non-US citizens is irrlevant.

red states rule
05-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Great articles with shocking numbers

How Crime, Healthcare and Poverty Increase with Illegal Immigration
Illegal immigration has devastating effects on American but few American actually how it affects them. Our taxes have increased to cover the cost of education and welfare to help illegal immigrants, yet no one seems to care. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Insurance

Did you know that illegal immigrants buy cars and drive without insurance; and often, when they get into accidents and injure, hurt or even kill another human being (most likely a US citizen) they just drive away? This happens on a regular basis in Houston, Texas and I personally know of someone who was hit by a car that was being driven by an illegal Mexican immigrant, and the illegal got away with it because he claimed self defense.

How do you hit someone with your car then claim self defense? I'll tell you how: because the courts are overwhelmed with cases just like this and don't have the resources to deal with the overwhelming number of illegal immigrants. The jails are overcrowded and bureaucracy makes it difficult to deport them.

Crime

What about crimes committed by illegal aliens? There are a staggering number of robberies in our area because illegal immigrants are looking to rob homes and pawn the items they steal just so they can get by. And of course there are a large number of illegal Mexican immigrants importing drugs which is one of the biggest causes of crime.

Did you know that 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens? According to the Los Angeles Times, nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally; and 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.

for the rest of the article

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1176033/the_effects_of_illegal_immigration.html

:cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
05-08-2010, 12:49 AM
thanks red, your doing a great doing a great job

Thank you Mr P - all I ever wanted was a little recognition

I can see BP having a simlar reaction when he reads the OP og this thread