PDA

View Full Version : *Gumming Up My Computer*

chesswarsnow
05-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the new *tool bar* is slowly the hell outa my computer.
2. Always popping up, while putting on hold whatever I am clicking on.
3. Happens all the time, is really bad Jimbo.
4. Might want to dump it, seeing I am always on the cutting edge of this knida stuff!:laugh2:
5. No matter what I try to do, I cant do much if anything, till that *tool bar* gets itself installed down there first.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Slows mine down too. I really don't see anything useful on the bar that's not already here.

chesswarsnow
05-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah can't do anything really till that dude gets its ass set.
2. Sometimes my whole screen goes to white for a sec or three till, bam! its back an there it is, the *tool bar* from hell.
3. Happens all the time!:eek:
4. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it,.........wait,....there it is, bam! the *tool bar*!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
05-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

Slows mine down too. I really don't see anything useful on the bar that's not already here.

1. Well if anything good came of it its this, we finally agree on something Mr. P!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
05-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I closed it and all works normally.

chesswarsnow
05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

I closed it and all works normally.

1. WHAT YOU DID SOMETHING CLEVER?:laugh2::laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the new *tool bar* is slowly the hell outa my computer.
2. Always popping up, while putting on hold whatever I am clicking on.
3. Happens all the time, is really bad Jimbo.
4. Might want to dump it, seeing I am always on the cutting edge of this knida stuff!:laugh2:
5. No matter what I try to do, I cant do much if anything, till that *tool bar* gets itself installed down there first.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It was just a simple javascript code and shouldn't have slowed down any up to date computer. Mine ran the same with or without the code. An outdated processor or outdated browser can cause slowdowns with javascript codes.

The only thing already here that was on the toolbar was the recent posts and donate button, the rest was new... (live popup notifications, sharing via many avenues, who's online map, scroll up button, arcade, facebook "like", RSS subscriptions, photo gallery, connect to Facebook fan page, navigation links, translator, project board...

I removed it though as it's of no use if it's going to slow down older computers or those without updated browsers. I should have tested on my older computer as well before going live. Sorry!

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
All tool bars are useless. Most direct advertisers, spammers and viruses to your computers. You are better off without one.

jimnyc
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
All tool bars are useless. Most direct advertisers, spammers and viruses to your computers. You are better off without one.

This was not a browser toolbar but rather a site toolbar only showing at the bottom of the screen when coming to this site only. No spam and no viruses. I checked the code myself, the only thing intrusive about it at all was a linkback to the designer, which I could have removed if I wanted to break their TOS.

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Fine if you like those types of things. I am better off without them.

hortysir
05-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I could see the toolbar at work but it never really effected anything.

At home, between ABP and NoScript, I don't see it

:beer:

chesswarsnow
05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah thanks Jimbo, I do have an older comp, I bought it in 2001, top of the line then, has 80 gig,...and all sorts of stuff I never learnt how to use.
2. Anyway, good cal to dump it!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Weird the comments here. No problem with mine, it showed on the bottom. I'd love if it 'floated' new posts, but alas. Sorry it's gone already.

BoogyMan
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
It worked just fine on my system as well. :)

MtnBiker
05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
It worked just fine on my computers as well.

Perhaps in time Jim will continue to implement new tools and great stuff for us use on the board.

Kathianne
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
It worked just fine on my computers as well.

Perhaps in time Jim will continue to implement new tools and great stuff for us use on the board.

I'd love to see the thumbs up or down that is available on other boards I frequent. On one it gives positive rep, of a set amount, (not like my pos rep), but there's not a limit of spreading it around.

I like the thumbs down, as no negs are given, just the opinion of the person giving the comment.