PDA

View Full Version : Five myths about immigration

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Not expecting any of you mind-locks to read this. Just placing it into consideration.
Immigration fears are not what you think they are.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/special/immigration/6987140.html

jimnyc
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Here's the best truth about immigration:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7WJeqxuOfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7WJeqxuOfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nukeman
05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Not expecting any of you mind-locks to read this. Just placing it into consideration.

Talk about mind locked!!!!!! That is exacatly what you are!!!!!! No ONE on here has said anything about LEGAL immigration, it is the ILLEGAL imigration that we have a problem with.

Legal immigrants continue to work and pay taxes and help our country grow it is the ILLEGAL ones that send a vast majority of their money home and refuse to play by the rules.

I read your little link and it is VERY misleading since it is dealing with LEGAL immigration and not the unlawful entering of this country and the continued flaunting of our laws...............

HogTrash
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/special/immigration/6987140.htmlHere we have an ignorant, politicly correct article, swallowed hook, line and sinker by an ignorant, politicly correct liberal and the really scarey part is, she can vote.

Just imagine, a delusional uninformed voter who lives in a make believe fantasyland that could possibly determine the fate of an entire nation and it's people.....OMG!

hjmick
05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I first saw this in the WaPo, in still isn't very interesting nor is it very imformative. I know of no one complaining about immigration or immigrants.

Now, illegal immigration and illegal immigrants, that's another issue altogether...

cat slave
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I first saw this in the WaPo, in still isn't very interesting nor is it very imformative. I know of no one complaining about immigration or immigrants.

Now, illegal immigration and illegal immigrants, that's another issue altogether...

No one is! Gabby is wearing blinders like always. ILLEGAL is the key word
here. Look it up!

waterrescuedude2000
05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
She has been here for as long as I recall and has always been a liberal that swallows the urinalists oops meant journalists news feces as fast as you can feed it to her. She is not capable of making her own decisions and is in line to be with the next generation of sheeople. I elect gabosaurus for zombie of the week award. And as many have said there is nothing against immigration in and of itself as long as it is done legally. Legally being the keyword. I do have a problem with criminals and immigrants who refuse to learn our language and get all of the welfare and perks that many legal Americans are not privy to.

Silver
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Thats an insult to zombies.....

waterrescuedude2000
05-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Thats an insult to zombies.....

:lol: that is comical. So what do we call it instead of zombies???

SassyLady
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
What really scares me about Gabby is that she is a teacher.

hortysir
05-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Typical liberal-speak:

And of the approximately 10.8 million immigrants who are in the country illegally, about 40 percent arrived legally but overstayed their visas.

Okay, first of all, where did THAT number come from? 10.8 mil??
Is this story from 1980?
Try 20 million.
*ONLY* 40% overstayed their visas?
Using their number; that's +/- 4.1 million
Using the real number; double that!!
And so what if they arrived legally. After that they thumbed their collective noses at our system of laws and said, "Screw it. I'm staying".
That's the 40%....

That leaves the other 60%, or (depending on which number you like best) >6 million or >12 million that didn't care enough to even try for a visa.

And we're supposed to give them quarter?
Phuk'em
Go back and do it right or stay the hell out!!!
:slap:

namvet
05-05-2010, 09:31 AM
probably her daughter holding the sign

http://static.infowars.com/2010/05/i/article-images/giveusfree.jpg

Monkeybone
05-05-2010, 09:32 AM

http://static.infowars.com/2010/05/i/article-images/giveusfree.jpgyou gotta wonder if that picture is real.... and if it is... i feel really bad for that guy...more sad than anything.

namvet
05-05-2010, 09:43 AM
She has been here for as long as I recall and has always been a liberal that swallows the urinalists oops meant journalists news feces as fast as you can feed it to her. She is not capable of making her own decisions and is in line to be with the next generation of sheeople. I elect gabosaurus for zombie of the week award. And as many have said there is nothing against immigration in and of itself as long as it is done legally. Legally being the keyword. I do have a problem with criminals and immigrants who refuse to learn our language and get all of the welfare and perks that many legal Americans are not privy to.

spoken like a true smart ass. just like me.

nice chevron. i was an RM/E-5

BTY flabby will go to her knees for a sailor (sarcasm) :laugh2:

05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Article is completely irrelevant since no one has a problem with immigration. We have a problem with illegal immigration. Id be more than happy to welcome everyone who wants to enter the country in assuming they are coming here in good faith. But they need to do it legally.

Little-Acorn
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM

Of course she is. It's one of the few lines of work where unquestioning liberalism is welcome. (Journalism is another.)

Little-Acorn
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM

http://static.infowars.com/2010/05/i/article-images/giveusfree.jpg

Daughter?

Looks to me like the guy without the cap is holding the sign.

Looks like a definite plant to me. And not a very clever one. A good fake would be more subtle.

Monkeybone
05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Daughter?

Looks to me like the guy without the cap is holding the sign.

Looks like a definite plant to me. And not a very clever one. A good fake would be more subtle.
yah.. all the words are spelled right.

gabosaurus
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Proves I am at least educated. How about yourself? What is your job?

Little-Acorn
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Proves I am at least educated.

The statement you make with nearly every post, prove you are not.

If one of your students turned in a paper in which he couldn't tell the difference between legal immigration and illegal aliens crashing the border, you'd give him an F. Or you should.

And it's certainly the grade you get here.

In fact, considering how often you come up with such complete nonsense, you'd probably have to repeat the class, and maybe the entire grade level. And the reason some people have to do that, is because they DIDN'T get any education the first time around, despite attending class the whole year.

Binky
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Stop trying to make it look as tho' everyone is talking about legal imig....You know darn well it's the illegal factor that concerns us...... Arizona has been having its problems because it has been overrun with ILLEGALS....You know.......illegal.....not here legally..... It isn't having problems due to legal immigrants ( those that went thru the process and testing to get here), and it's annoying when people twist the facts in hopes to cloud the issue......

Whenever clouding exists, it comes across that that person is enabling illegals or knows others that are..... And may be related to illegals.....

Binky
05-05-2010, 03:42 PM

OMG! And the crapola that can be spieled as fact into the niave minds of our young......

I had read one poster on a different site eons ago claim up one side and down the other that the hollocaust did not even happen.....Stated it was a myth that someone made up and it flew around the world waiting for people to believe it.....

God, people and their itty bitty minds that love to distort the facts for the sake of their agendas.....:eek:

05-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Having a degree doesn't mean one is educated. Teaching something doesn't mean you're teaching the truth.

SassyLady
05-06-2010, 11:33 PM

Well - thanks for giving me an opportunity to brag a little bit Gabby!

I do have a little bit of formal education and lots of life experience. Right now my primary J-O-B is a military wife, mother, grandmother and being self-employed. Never had to join a union to be successful though. I was recruited right out of high school to work for one of the largest ranches in CA in their Land Use Development division.

Owned my first business by the time I was 30 and sold it three years later when hubby was transferred. Am a graduate of USF with a degree in Organizational Behavior. Also have a degree in accounting and certified as an executive, personal and business coach; and a two year degree in Supervisory Management. Owned my second business since 1997 coaching and working with small business owners worldwide. Oh, and I'm also a Rapport Master Grad....did that in my spare time.

Hope this is educated enough for you.

PS - one of my previous clients was interviewed for Success Magazine a few years ago and attributed her success to working with her coach (me :coffee:). Another client was named Tennessee Business Woman of the Year. I also helped two other companies become employee owned companies.

SassyLady
05-06-2010, 11:36 PM
The statement you make with nearly every post, prove you are not.

If one of your students turned in a paper in which he couldn't tell the difference between legal immigration and illegal aliens crashing the border, you'd give him an F. Or you should.

And it's certainly the grade you get here.

In fact, considering how often you come up with such complete nonsense, you'd probably have to repeat the class, and maybe the entire grade level. And the reason some people have to do that, is because they DIDN'T get any education the first time around, despite attending class the whole year.

Must spread the rep!! :clap::clap:

SassyLady
05-06-2010, 11:39 PM
OMG! And the crapola that can be spieled as fact into the niave minds of our young......

I know - that's what is so scary about her being a teacher!

waterrescuedude2000
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
spoken like a true smart ass. just like me.

nice chevron. i was an RM/E-5

BTY flabby will go to her knees for a sailor (sarcasm) :laugh2:

:lol: I wouldn't want her on her knees anywhere near me thank you very much.

waterrescuedude2000
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Having a degree doesn't mean one is educated. Teaching something doesn't mean you're teaching the truth.

Exactly. Teachers are taught to teach what they are taught. My mom is a teacher as well and have done my research. One of the founders of the National Education Association said we don't want to educate thinkers but workers.

actsnoblemartin
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM
your an idiot, and youre just going to pass on your idiocy to your children

I dont know who to feel more sorry for