PDA

View Full Version : MS-NBC anchor: I’m so bummed that Shahzad wasn’t a Tea Partier

stephanie
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Holy Moly.

Snip:
posted at 1:36 pm on May 4, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
printer-friendly Brian Maloney gives us this entry for the Someone Left the Irony On Department, in which Contessa Brewer tells Stephanie Miller that she’s really unhappy that she couldn’t use the Times Square bombing attempt to prove Tea Party “bigotry.” Never mind that this clip shows the bigotry of Brewer in relation to conservatives — that all of the opponents of Barack Obama and the Democrats are somehow the equivalent of the Hutaree militia in Michigan. Brewer really wanted a way to smear conservatives, and now she’ll just have to wait a little longer:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yRmPTN07Iz4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yRmPTN07Iz4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

transcript and comments at site.
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/04/ms-nbc-anchor-im-so-bummed-that-shahzad-wasnt-a-tea-partier/comment-page-1/#comments

MtnBiker
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Is there another clip? I listen to it 3 times and read the transcript. I didn't hear the words "Tea Party" or "teabagger" once.

In fact she said this;

And so there was part of me was really hoping this would not be the case that here would be somebody who is not the defined.

I would think that someone associated with the Tea Party movement is someone who could be defined. However don't get me wrong, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck as in this case, someone with muslim ties, then it is silly to wish for something different. It is also not honest to speculate that this person is "bummed that Shahzad wasn’t a Tea Partier" when that wasn't said.

hortysir
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I know the first thing from the "left" is going to be, "She didn't say anything about the 'teabaggers'".
True, she didn't specifically name a particular group.
But, come on, what other organized group could she be referring to?
She mentions race as being a qualifier for Islamic terrorism, so she was hoping for someone without skin pigmentation.
= white
She then mentions nationality, so she's hoping for someone not foreign.
= American
So far we have "white American".
How many organized groups of white Americans have a tendency towards violence, in the opinion of our wonderful left-leaning MSM?

Nevermind trying to determine what group she may or may not be talking about.
Look at what she DID say.

She hopes that there is a terrorist group of white Americans, here in our own country that would carry out terrorist attacks on our citizens.

= ****

hortysir
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Is there another clip? I listen to it 3 times and read the transcript. I didn't hear the words "Tea Party" or "teabagger" once.

In fact she said this;

I would think that someone associated with the Tea Party movement is someone who could be defined. However don't get me wrong, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck as in this case, someone with muslim ties, then it is silly to wish for something different. It is also not honest to speculate that this person is "bummed that Shahzad wasn’t a Tea Partier" when that wasn't said.

Point proven
:poke:

stephanie
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM

In fact she said this;

you could be right in some of your observations, I just took it off the site as they saw it.:cheers2:

crin63
05-05-2010, 08:41 AM
One thing is for sure, the left still wants to dismiss islam as a danger to us.

Since she was hoping it wasn't some muslim, then who was she hoping it would be? Just some random kook with no ties to any group?

hortysir
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
One thing is for sure, the left still wants to dismiss islam as a danger to us.

Since she was hoping it wasn't some muslim, then who was she hoping it would be? Just some random kook with no ties to any group?

I just said the same thing, elsewhere, that I think it's just attempting to deflect from the real and present danger of Islamic extremists.
"let's stop targeting these poor mis-understood people", "it doesn't have to, automatically, be them all the time"
Well, given the odds, why shouldn't we think it's "them"?
Why would the MSM want the sheeple to think otherwise?
:poke:

gabosaurus
05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Stephanie reads and hears things how she wants them to read and hear, not how they actually are.

Trigg
05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Stephanie reads and hears things how she wants them to read and hear, not how they actually are.

She didn't read that much into it. The lady clearly didn't want this to be a Muslim. She even brings up the Michigan militia for some strange reason.

The MSM goes overboard trying to apologize for Muslim extremists. Instead of admitting that Islam has a huge problem with violence.

stephanie
05-05-2010, 02:47 PM

The statement above coming from you is a laugh riot. little one.:laugh2: