PDA

View Full Version : Special Comment by Keith Olbermann Tell It Like It REALLY Is

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Folks, this is really worth a good read. This is what we are as Americans all about.

“A special comment about Rudolph Giuliani’s remarks at a Lincoln Day dinner in New Hampshire:

Since some indeterminable hour between the final dousing of the pyre at The World Trade Center, and the breaking of what Sen. Barack Obama has aptly termed “9/11 fever,” it has been profoundly and disturbingly evident that we are at the center of one of history’s great ironies.

Only in this America of the early 21st century could it be true that the man who was president during the worst attack on our nation and the man who was the mayor of the city in which that attack principally unfolded would not only be absolved of any and all blame for the unreadiness of their own governments, but, moreover, would thereafter be branded heroes of those attacks.

And now, that mayor — whose most profound municipal act in the wake of that nightmare was to suggest the postponement of the election to select his own successor — has gone even a step beyond these M.C. Escher constructions of history.
“If any Republican is elected president — and I think obviously I would be best at this — we will remain on offense and will anticipate what (the terrorists) will do and try to stop them before they do it.”

Insisting that the election of any Democrat would mean the country was “back ... on defense,” Mr. Giuliani continued: “But the question is how long will it take and how many casualties will we have. If we are on defense, we will have more losses and it will go on longer.”

He said this with no sense of irony, no sense of any personal shortcomings, no sense whatsoever.

And if you somehow missed what he was really saying, somehow didn’t hear the none-too-subtle subtext of “vote Democratic and die,” Mr. Giuliani then stripped away any barrier of courtesy, telling Roger Simon of politico.com:

“America will be safer with a Republican president.”

At least that Republican president under which we have not been safer has, even at his worst, maintained some microscopic distance between himself and a campaign platform that blithely threatened the American people with “casualties” if they, next year, elect a Democratic president — or, inferring from Mr. Giuliani’s flights of grandeur in New Hampshire — even if they elect a different Republican.

How ... dare ... you, sir?”

Much, much more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18316770/

Give 'em hell, Keith!!!!!!!

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 02:44 AM
What reason would anyone have to listen to this arrogant sports boy asswhipe that no doubt has never participated in either sports or politics. This quote from a Wikepedia page about this wack job says it all.....

Fox News spokesmen Irina Briganti has released the following public statement in response:
“ Because of his personal demons, Keith has imploded everywhere he’s worked, from lashing out at co-workers to personally attacking Bill O’Reilly and all things Fox, it’s obvious Keith is a train wreck waiting to happen. And like all train wrecks, people might tune in out of morbid curiosity, but they eventually tune out, as evidenced by Keith’s recent ratings decline. In the meantime, we hope he enjoys his paranoid view from the bottom of the ratings ladder and wish him well on his inevitable trip to oblivion.[21]

He is exactly that, makes very little sense, is a shrill spokesboy for the Democrat party and should never be allowed to purchase borrow or possess a gun ever......for his own good and for the poor unfortunate individuals who have to endure working with this dick on a daily basis. Actually it would probably be a good idea to keep him from behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle too, way to complex for a brain as small as his.

He has absolutely nothing to say of any importance whatsoever.....but if you want to carry his water for him psycho, that's fine, it doesn't do anything positive for your credibility though.:cool:

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 02:56 AM
I can't speak for a damn thing FoxNoise has to say about anything, much less a patriot like Keith Olbermann. But did you read this:

“How many casualties will we have?” — this is the language of Osama bin Laden.

Yours, Mr. Giuliani, is the same chilling nonchalance of the madman, of the proselytizer who has moved even from some crude framework of politics and society, into a virtual Roman Colosseum of carnage, and a conceit over your own ability — and worthiness — to decide who lives and who dies.

Rather than a reasoned discussion — rather than a political campaign advocating your own causes and extolling your own qualifications — you have bypassed all the intermediate steps and moved directly to trying to terrorize the electorate into viewing a vote for a Democrat, not as a reasonable alternative and an inalienable right ... but as an act of suicide.

This is not the mere politicizing of Iraq, nor the vague mumbled epithets about Democratic “softness” from a delusional vice president.

This is casualties on a partisan basis — of the naked assertion that Mr. Giuliani’s party knows all and will save those who have voted for it — and to hell with everybody else.

And that he, with no foreign policy experience whatsoever, is somehow the messiah-of-the-moment.

Even to grant that that formula — whether posed by Republican or Democrat — is somehow not the most base, the most indefensible, the most un-American electioneering in our history — even if it is somehow acceptable to assign “casualties” to one party and “safety” to the other — even if we have become so profane in our thinking that it is part of our political vocabulary to view counter-terror as one party’s property and the other’s liability ... on what imaginary track record does Mr. Giuliani base his boast?

Which party held the presidency on Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party held the mayoralty of New York on that date, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party assured New Yorkers that the air was safe and the remains of the dead recovered and not being used to fill potholes, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party wanted what the terrorists wanted — the postponement of elections — and to whose personal advantage would that have redounded, Mr. Giuliani?

Which mayor of New York was elected eight months after the first attack on the World Trade Center, yet did not emphasize counter-terror in the same city for the next eight years, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party had proposed to turn over the Department of Homeland Security to Bernard Kerik, Mr. Giuliani?

Who wanted to ignore and hide Kerik’s organized crime allegations, Mr. Giuliani?

Who personally argued to the White House that Kerik need not be vetted, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party rode roughshod over Americans’ rights while braying that it was actually protecting them, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party took this country into the most utterly backwards, utterly counterproductive, utterly ruinous war in our history, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party has been in office as more Americans were killed in the pointless fields of Iraq than were killed in the consuming nightmare of 9/11, Mr. Giuliani?

Drop this argument, sir.

You will lose it."

All said by Keith Olbermann.

You got problems with anything he said? I'd like to hear it but I doubt seriously if you can do much more than parrot your favorite bullshitters, zorro.

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 03:27 AM
I can't speak for a damn thing FoxNoise has to say about anything, much less a patriot like Keith Olbermann. But did you read this:

“How many casualties will we have?” — this is the language of Osama bin Laden.

Yours, Mr. Giuliani, is the same chilling nonchalance of the madman, of the proselytizer who has moved even from some crude framework of politics and society, into a virtual Roman Colosseum of carnage, and a conceit over your own ability — and worthiness — to decide who lives and who dies.

Rather than a reasoned discussion — rather than a political campaign advocating your own causes and extolling your own qualifications — you have bypassed all the intermediate steps and moved directly to trying to terrorize the electorate into viewing a vote for a Democrat, not as a reasonable alternative and an inalienable right ... but as an act of suicide.

This is not the mere politicizing of Iraq, nor the vague mumbled epithets about Democratic “softness” from a delusional vice president.

This is casualties on a partisan basis — of the naked assertion that Mr. Giuliani’s party knows all and will save those who have voted for it — and to hell with everybody else.

And that he, with no foreign policy experience whatsoever, is somehow the messiah-of-the-moment.

Even to grant that that formula — whether posed by Republican or Democrat — is somehow not the most base, the most indefensible, the most un-American electioneering in our history — even if it is somehow acceptable to assign “casualties” to one party and “safety” to the other — even if we have become so profane in our thinking that it is part of our political vocabulary to view counter-terror as one party’s property and the other’s liability ... on what imaginary track record does Mr. Giuliani base his boast?

Which party held the presidency on Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party held the mayoralty of New York on that date, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party assured New Yorkers that the air was safe and the remains of the dead recovered and not being used to fill potholes, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party wanted what the terrorists wanted — the postponement of elections — and to whose personal advantage would that have redounded, Mr. Giuliani?

Which mayor of New York was elected eight months after the first attack on the World Trade Center, yet did not emphasize counter-terror in the same city for the next eight years, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party had proposed to turn over the Department of Homeland Security to Bernard Kerik, Mr. Giuliani?

Who wanted to ignore and hide Kerik’s organized crime allegations, Mr. Giuliani?

Who personally argued to the White House that Kerik need not be vetted, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party rode roughshod over Americans’ rights while braying that it was actually protecting them, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party took this country into the most utterly backwards, utterly counterproductive, utterly ruinous war in our history, Mr. Giuliani?

Which party has been in office as more Americans were killed in the pointless fields of Iraq than were killed in the consuming nightmare of 9/11, Mr. Giuliani?

Drop this argument, sir.

You will lose it."

All said by Keith Olbermann.

You got problems with anything he said? I'd like to hear it but I doubt seriously if you can do much more than parrot your favorite bullshitters, zorro.

He is a grandstanding bullshit artist that not only isn't relevant but has no answers to anything that has or will happen to the citizens of this country. He is a blatantly partisan hack that is only interested in the power that ratings will give him. He knows full well he could never compete with any real intellectuals so he satisfies himself by just appealing to the incredibly stupid in society. It is somewhat successful, he still has a job.

Who does he support for the Presidency? I don't really give a shit but it will surely give me a reason for a good laugh.

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 03:51 AM
He has a lot better job than you or me, zorro, and even if he never worked again in his life his income from his last few years of newscasting and commentary will sustain him for the rest of his days here on this earth.

He is a grandstanding bullshit artist that not only isn't relevant but has no answers to anything that has or will happen to the citizens of this country. He is a blatantly partisan hack that is only interested in the power that ratings will give him. He knows full well he could never compete with any real intellectuals so he satisfies himself by just appealing to the incredibly stupid in society. It is somewhat successful, he still has a job.

Who does he support for the Presidency? I don't really give a shit but it will surely give me a reason for a good laugh.

Just how do you find fault with his reasoning?

theHawk
04-26-2007, 07:42 AM
So this idiot Keith is implying that somehow the mayor of New York could of prevented these attacks.

What a moron.

I've come across his show on msnbc and it was apparent after about 20 seconds of watching him he is just a washed-up has-been that has nothing better to do than attack Bush every chance he gets.

Kinda reminds me of pb.

Psychoblues
04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Gonna have to do better than that, hawk.

So this idiot Keith is implying that somehow the mayor of New York could of prevented these attacks.

What a moron.

I've come across his show on msnbc and it was apparent after about 20 seconds of watching him he is just a washed-up has-been that has nothing better to do than attack Bush every chance he gets.

Kinda reminds me of pb.

Do you have problems with the commentary or is your name-calling the extent of your thoughts on the subject as presented?

What do you mean "pb"? If that is a reference to me and it is your purpose to in any way compare me to Keith Olbermann? I am flattered but readily admit I am in no way worthy of such a compliment.

What a moron.

loosecannon
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
He is a grandstanding bullshit artist that not only isn't relevant but has no answers to anything that has or will happen to the citizens of this country. He is a blatantly partisan hack that is only interested in the power that ratings will give him. He knows full well he could never compete with any real intellectuals so he satisfies himself by just appealing to the incredibly stupid in society.

Ok that is Guilianni in a sound bite.

But what about the Keith Ob piece?

loosecannon
04-27-2007, 08:43 PM

No he isn't implying that at all.

What he is implying is that the select group who actually failed to prevent 9/11 on their watch are the only people unqualified to run on a platform of potentially protecting us.

Guilianni started this. Let him reap the public rejection and humiliation he deserves for practicing the politics of a terrorist.

Kathianne
04-27-2007, 08:45 PM
No he isn't implying that at all.

What he is implying is that the select group who actually failed to prevent 9/11 on their watch are the only people unqualified to run on a platform of potentially protecting us.

Guilianni started this let him reap the public rejection and humiliation he deserves for practicing the politics of a terrorist.
So spell out the select group. Bush? Less than 6 months into taking office, with the delay of the election results? Rumsfeld? Ink barely dry on appointment? Who?

loosecannon
04-27-2007, 09:06 PM
So spell out the select group. Bush? Less than 6 months into taking office, with the delay of the election results? Rumsfeld? Ink barely dry on appointment? Who?

You got it. Those in office when they failed to protect us.

Bush was on vacation for the entire previous month.

Guilianni was on vacation for 8 whole years.

Kathianne
04-27-2007, 09:07 PM
You got it. Those in office when they failed to protect us.

Bush was on vacation for the entire previous month.

Guilianni was on vacation for 8 whole years.

You do know that your response goes into the 'too funny' bin?

Psychoblues
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I think the response by loosecannon will stay on this thread, kathianne. If you had the power to remove it you would do it and there is no doubt about that but, happily, you don't.

I didn't see anything untrue or funny at all in the response. Are you just trolling or are you still on the grapes what time you aren't pretending to be some kind of a teacher?

loosecannon
04-27-2007, 09:37 PM

IOW words you are unable to refute and only have weak distractions to fend off the harsh stare of reality.

In vain.

Nuc
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I know for a fact that some of the statements made by Giuliani post 9/11 were bullshit because my wife worked for the NYC Dept. of Health (at ground zero) and he lied to the public about stuff he couldn't have possibly had the proper information on. For example air quality. A lot of the people who worked there got sick, including my wife.

Psychoblues
04-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Do you expect any reasonable or even frivolous response to your observation, nuc?

I know for a fact that some of the statements made by Giuliani post 9/11 were bullshit because my wife worked for the NYC Dept. of Health (at ground zero) and he lied to the public about stuff he couldn't have possibly had the proper information on. For example air quality. A lot of the people who worked there got sick, including my wife.

This has laid here for 3 days without a response to your concern. At least from my point of view I, like you, expected some sort of dialogue but like you I see there has been none from the supporters of the most guilty.

I can only surmise that they would rather continue their conversations about the many blowjobs Bill Clinton must have gotten in the White House.