PDA

View Full Version : Obama laughing at Arizona

SassyLady
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Gov Jan Brewer has decided to hit back at Obama's recent joke about Arizona enforcing illegal immigration laws. Here's her ad:

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLgZ1LWLlko"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLgZ1LWLlko" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Insein
05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Really? This guy has no class what so ever. He's the freakin president. You don't make jokes about serious political topics.

crin63
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Really? This guy has no class what so ever. He's the freakin president. You don't make jokes about serious political topics.

Obama is a petulant child with no respect for the office he holds or the country it represents. He is one embarrassment after another. God help us because we aren't even half way through his term as POTUS.

Trigg
05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
The man is more interested in throwing parties, golfing and traveling than he is in doing anything to help this country. He's a joke and an embarrassment.

hortysir
05-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Mr Baldwin found it funny, I noticed.
What a room full of assholes.
And the "right wing nutjobs" are called "elitists"???
Bunch of millionaires, sipping champagne, and making jokes about a WAR that's going on in AZ.
:lame2:

BoogyMan
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Mr. Obama is currently laughing at his own dereliction of duty and threatening to litigate against AZ for having the temerity to do a job he is too ideologically limp minded to do.

gabosaurus
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
A lot of us are laughing. Brewer is a bigger fool than Sarah Palin.

SassyLady
05-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Gabby .... you are so predictable ......... BORING. :coffee:

gabosaurus
05-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I have to be slow and predictable with some of you. Because you wouldn't understand me otherwise.
The new Arizona law is doomed to failure. It's like Texas' hollow threads to secede.
Not that the Brewer is a bigger idiot than Rick Perry. But she is moving up there.

Binky
05-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Mr Baldwin found it funny, I noticed.
What a room full of assholes.
And the "right wing nutjobs" are called "elitists"???
Bunch of millionaires, sipping champagne, and making jokes about a WAR that's going on in AZ.
:lame2:

Sounds like a very good reason why we should not go see any of Baldwins crapola or vote for Obama should he run in the next election..... (I bet he does as he's havin' too much fun to not to).

Binky
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Then you should be ashamed of yourselves for getting your jollies off at the expense of others..... I wonder what you'd want your state leaders to do had those shoes been on your feet..................Would you like us to make a wild guess?

gabosaurus
05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I live in California. Even the Govinator is not as stupid as his compatriot in Arizona.

Binky
05-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I live in California. Even the Govinator is not as stupid as his compatriot in Arizona.

Hmmmmmmm...now that's rather odd....since his state is catering to illegals....And not to even mention the fact that it is sinking from debt and about to go under.......Maybe it's all that funding it is handing over to illegals in some way, shape or form......

SassyLady
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM

I live in California too - and how you can think Swartz has not done or said stupid things is just downright embarassing.

sgtdmski
05-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I have to be slow and predictable with some of you. Because you wouldn't understand me otherwise.
The new Arizona law is doomed to failure. It's like Texas' hollow threads to secede.
Not that the Brewer is a bigger idiot than Rick Perry. But she is moving up there.

The new law is not doomed to failure, the only thing doomed to failure is the lies of the left in convincing people how terrible the law is, hmmm where do I start.

Hmmm what about the lies about this being 1940's Germany and relating the law to Nazism. That is right people, this law will make immigrants carry on their person's their papers proving they are in the country legally. Hmmm.

Section 264(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) requires every alien 18 years of age and over to be in possession of his or her�"evidence of registration document" (such as Form I-94) "at all times." That same provision also establishes rather severe penalties for not carrying the registration document:

Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d). Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both. (INA § 264(e))

WOW, the Arizona law is just reinforcing federal law.

What an ass, Obama, the commander and chief, the person under the constitution who is required to enforce the law, and correct me if I am wrong, a Constitutional Law Professor, doesn't even know he is making a joke at his own expense.

Nor can we forget the cries that it will lead to racial profiling. Wow, does the left even understand reading and comprehensions, no wonder are schools are in such dire straights!!!!!!

"For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency…where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person…"

Any lawful contact, meaning that the police have to have a reasonable legal matter for having stopped the individual, english translation, you have had to have committed some type of infraction, i.e. jay walk, speeding, or a host of other violations.

But the left has been awfully quiet on this facts, is it that they are so ill-informed, no it is that they are engaged in a systematic campaign to lie to get their way!!!!

No it is the left that needs to worry!!!!!! Eventually the truth will get out there, and once it does, their record will be out there, and they will not be able to lie their way out of it!!!!

dmk

Trigg
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM

I doubt you've even read the law gabby.

Take the time and read it and then get back with me about what exactly you disagree with.

sybarite
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Barry ridicules and mocks anything or anyone he disagrees with, kind of like a spoiled, snide little 3rd grader. His narcissism is mind boggling.

Insein
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Here's the Federal Law. Immigration and Nationality Act

http://www.theodora.com/ina_96_title_2.html

264 FORMS AND PROCEDURE
SEC. 264. [8 U.S.C. 1304]

(a) The Attorney General and the Secretary of State jointly are authorized and directed to prepare forms for the registration of aliens under section 261 of this title, and the Attorney General is authorized and directed to prepare forms for the registration and fingerprinting of aliens under section 262 of this title. Such forms shall contain inquiries with respect to (1) the date and place of entry of the alien into the United States; (2) activities in which he has been and intends to be engaged; (3) the length of time he expects to remain in the United States; (4) the police and criminal record, if any, of such alien; and (5) such additional matters as may be prescribed.

(b) All registration and fingerprint records made under the provisions of this title shall be confidential, and shall be made available only (1) pursuant to section 287(f)(2), and (2) to such persons or agencies as may be designated by the Attorney General.

(c) Every person required to apply for the registration of himself or another under this title shall submit under oath the information required for such registration. Any person authorized under regulations issued by the Attorney General to register aliens under this title shall be authorized to administer oaths for such purpose.

(d) Every alien in the United States who has been registered and fingerprinted under the provisions of the Alien Registration Act, 1940, or under the provisions of this Act shall be issued a certificate of alien registration or an alien registration receipt card in such form and manner and at such time as shall be prescribed under regulations issued by the Attorney General.

(e) Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d). Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.

(f) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Attorney General is authorized to require any alien to provide the alien's social security account number for purposes of inclusion in any record of the alien maintained by the Attorney General or the Service.

Arizona's Law. Its only 17 pages. Not that long to read.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Abbey Marie
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Great find, MKP. :clap:

Trigg
05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
excellent now gabby doesn't have to try to find the bill.

Wonder if she'll actually read it now, instead of listening to rumors.

red states rule
05-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Liberals are scared on how well the new law may work. Libs are worried their new voting base may have to leave the country

Why are liberals so opposed to enforcing a Federal LAw that has been on the books since the 1950's Gabby?

First, it brings Arizona law into conformity with federal law. As it has long been a federal crime to be in the country illegally, it is now a crime in Arizona.

Second, just as U.S. law since 1940 has required legal aliens -- immigrants and guest workers -- to carry their green cards or work visas at all times, Arizona law now says the same thing.

Is there something inhumane about this? If so, where have the protests been these last 70 years? Many of us in the 1950s had to carry not only driver's licenses, but draft cards.

No U.S. citizen in Arizona, however, has to carry an identity card. As for racial profiling, the new law forbids it. A police officer, it reads, "may not solely consider race, color or national origin" in stopping anyone or in determining an immigrant's status.

Before there can be a "reasonable suspicion" an individual is here illegally, there must first be a "lawful contact." This means no cop can halt and challenge a man on the street, or sitting in a restaurant or bar, or driving a car.

If an individual is caught running a traffic light, the police must first ask for his license. Only if the individual lacks a valid ID or driver's license, or his behavior causes "reasonable suspicion" he is an illegal, can he be brought in. Then, a call must be made to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to determine his status.

Where is the neo-Nazism here?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36777

red states rule
05-12-2010, 08:54 PM

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz050710dAPR20100506095329.jpg