PDA

View Full Version : Tennesee flood victims failed to learn lesson from Katrina.

SpidermanTUba
05-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Most of the Tennessee flood victims DO NOT HAVE FLOOD INSURANCE.

MILLINGTON, TN-- It was flooding no one saw coming, and many people didn't prepare.

Governor Bredesen says most homeowners in Tennessee affected by this disaster did not have flood insurance

Most Tennessee Flood Victims Didn't Have Flood Insurance|myEyewitnessNews.com, Memphis News, Entertainment, Videos, Business Search and Shopping (http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/Most-Tennessee-Flood-Victims-Didnt-Have-Flood/eT8fVfRutkKNUkXXco7nFA.cspx)

hortysir
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
No comparison as Nashville isn't below sea-level.

http://nashvillerealestatetalk.com/

In Many cases the Federal Emergency Management Administration ( FEMA) had not acknowledged that their homes were in a flood plain. Often these flood plains are identified as being a 50 year , 100 year or even 500 year flood plain. This of course means that the odds are that a flood could occur once in 50 years, 100 years or 500 years. However; the Army Corps of Engineers has already designated the Nashville Flood as being a “once in 1,000 year event!”.

:poke:

SpidermanTUba
05-10-2010, 01:52 AM
No comparison as Nashville isn't below sea-level.

So why is it flooding?

CSM
05-10-2010, 06:00 AM
So why is it flooding?

Too much water!

Nukeman
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
So why is it flooding?

Umm that funny stuff that falls from the sky........... I believe it's called RAIN....

SpidermanTUba
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Too much water!

But its way above sea level. I thought only things below sea level flooded.

PostmodernProphet
05-11-2010, 06:09 AM

lol.....

PostmodernProphet
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
I will agree, however, the folks in Nashville didn't learn any lessons from Katrina......they didn't blame the federal government, they didn't whine about FEMA, they didn't demand free housing for a year (and sue the government claiming said free housing causes cancer), they didn't spread a crime wave across a dozen other cities.....

CSM
05-11-2010, 06:14 AM

I bet you believe the earth is flat too!

Despite your sarcasm, I would point out a few things:

I didn't see a whole lot of flood victims in TN trashing the local sports arena/stadium while waiting for the government to "rescue" them. I didn't hear a whole lot of whining that Obama hates white people or that the flooding was Obama's fault. That is a HUGE difference between the residents of the two cities.

Here is a hint for you and the folks who live in NO: if you are looking up at the water, your chances of experiencing some type of flood are far greater than if you are looking down at it.

05-11-2010, 10:32 AM

I didn't see a whole lot of flood victims in TN trashing the local sports arena/stadium while waiting for the government to "rescue" them. I didn't hear a whole lot of whining that Obama hates white people or that the flooding was Obama's fault. That is a HUGE difference between the residents of the two cities.

Here is a hint for you and the folks who live in NO: if you are looking up at the water, your chances of experiencing some type of flood are far greater than if you are looking down at it.

Are you suggesting that law of gravity is accurate? I just can't accept that.

CSM
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Are you suggesting that law of gravity is accurate? I just can't accept that.

Even if it is accurate, this administration will repeal it in the interest of fairness for those subject to the negative impact of such a law.

SassyLady
05-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Even if it is accurate, this administration will repeal it in the interest of fairness for those subject to the negative impact of such a law.

Touche!

05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
BTW has New Orleans even learned the lessons from Katrina?

SpidermanTUba
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I will agree, however, the folks in Nashville didn't learn any lessons from Katrina......they didn't blame the federal government, they didn't whine about FEMA, they didn't demand free housing for a year (and sue the government claiming said free housing causes cancer), they didn't spread a crime wave across a dozen other cities.....

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/2010-flood/tennessee-delegation-asks-more-federal-assistance

“Tennesseans are helping themselves and their neighbors, but Tennessee will require federal assistance beyond what current emergency programs' funding can support,” the letter reads.

Some 18,000 Tennesseans have already registered for federal assistance, and more than $28 million worth of federal aid has been approved. So far, 42 Tennessee counties have been declared disaster areas. The maximum amount of dollars available to flood victims' families through FEMA is $29,900.

Fucking leaches.

SpidermanTUba
05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I didn't see a whole lot of flood victims in TN trashing the local sports arena/stadium while waiting for the government to "rescue" them.

That's because they didn't have to live in it for a week.

I didn't hear a whole lot of whining that Obama hates white people or that the flooding was Obama's fault. That is a HUGE difference between the residents of the two cities.

You're right. The fact the President is actually doing a good job matters a lot.

cat slave
05-11-2010, 06:55 PM
So why is it flooding?

Think 15 inches of rain in two days might have anything to
do with it??????

cat slave
05-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Too much water!

LOL.....simply brilliant!!!!:clap:

cat slave
05-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Excellent post!!!:clap:

People helped one another, got busy as soon as possible to
clean up and didnt wait for someone to do it for them.

The contrast to NO and the mindset of the residents of
those two cities is glaring and you cant change the facts.

cat slave
05-11-2010, 07:07 PM

The only similarities shared by Katrina and the TN floods is
too much water in the wrong places.

Unlike coastal states are high risk for hurricanes on an annual basis, TN has experienced a "500 year flood".
Who would have thought!

Flooding in TN?....low risk.
Flooding in coastal states....possible with every hurricane
season.

CSM
05-12-2010, 07:10 AM
That's because they didn't have to live in it for a week.

You're right. The fact the President is actually doing a good job matters a lot.

They didn't have to live in it for a week because they got off their ass and helped each other. They did not wait around for the government to "rescue" them. that alone makes me suspect that the average IQ of Nashville residents is far above that of residents of NO.

As for the President doing a good job: I like a good joke and this one did make me chuckle so kudos to you!

SpidermanTUba
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
They didn't have to live in it for a week because they got off their ass and helped each other.

Really? If they're so good at helping each other why have 18,000 of them already signed up for their share of the federal pie? If they're so damned good at helping each other, why is their Congressional delegation begging the federal government for more money?
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/2010-flood/tennessee-delegation-asks-more-federal-assistance

They did not wait around for the government to "rescue" them.

Really? Is that a fact?

Denise McCraw spent the first Sunday in May sitting on stool in the middle of her living room. Church had been canceled. She could not get to her car, and so she waited patiently for firefighters to rescue her from her West Hamilton Avenue home.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=12460355

that alone makes me suspect that the average IQ of Nashville residents is far above that of residents of NO.

You're just a bigot is all. When you see a bunch of blacks getting federal help, they're leaches. When a bunch of white get it, they're just "helping each other"

As for the President doing a good job: I like a good joke and this one did make me chuckle so kudos to you!

Its what the governor of Tennessee said, but I guess you know more than him about what's going on.

SpidermanTUba
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
People helped one another,
What do you think the people of Louisiana were doing from day one? The I-10 was filled for days with people with private boats driving to the city to rescue people. In Baton Rouge we turned the place that LSU plays basketball into a hospital overnight and it had so many volunteers that most people who wanted to help were turned away. Private citizens from all over the state showed up with chain saws to clear roads, truckloads of food and water to feed people, and many opened their homes to complete strangers.

CSM
05-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Really? If they're so good at helping each other why have 18,000 of them already signed up for their share of the federal pie? If they're so damned good at helping each other, why is their Congressional delegation begging the federal government for more money?

Really? Is that a fact?

You're just a bigot is all. When you see a bunch of blacks getting federal help, they're leaches. When a bunch of white get it, they're just "helping each other"

Its what the governor of Tennessee said, but I guess you know more than him about what's going on.

I agree. those folks should not be asking for help...I bet they are all lazy good for nothing, no working blacks or illegal immigrants. the gall of those folks asking for federal aid!

And just imagine that woman sitting there waiting for help. Who could expect the local FIRE DEPARTMENT to go rescue her sorry ass! She should have waitied for FEMA!

As for the governor of Tennessee, who cares what that particular idiot says? I remember the governor of LA and the mayor of NO too. Neither came off as too damn bright.

You are correct. I am a bigot; you forget to mention that I am also a partisan hack as well as a knuckle dragging, snot slinging baby killer. I cling to my guns and religion too. In fact, I fit every caricature you care to come up with except one...I don't troll! Admittedly, I like playing with you trolls occassionally. Toying with witless victims does get boring after a short time though

CSM
05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
What do you think the people of Louisiana were doing from day one? The I-10 was filled for days with people with private boats driving to the city to rescue people. In Baton Rouge we turned the place that LSU plays basketball into a hospital overnight and it had so many volunteers that most people who wanted to help were turned away. Private citizens from all over the state showed up with chain saws to clear roads, truckloads of food and water to feed people, and many opened their homes to complete strangers.

The people of LA were busy plotting their excuses and pointing fingers. It worked too!

SpidermanTUba
05-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree. those folks should not be asking for help...I bet they are all lazy good for nothing, no working blacks or illegal immigrants. the gall of those folks asking for federal aid!

Exactly as I said - you see people asking for help in New Orleans - they must be a bunch of lazy good for nothing leeches - if you see people asking for help in Nashville, well those are just poor people that hit hard times. That's called a double standard. You don't think Nashville has public housing? http://www.nashville-mdha.org/familyHousing.php

And just imagine that woman sitting there waiting for help. Who could expect the local FIRE DEPARTMENT to go rescue her sorry ass! She should have waitied for FEMA!
Why would she give a damn who rescued her?

Denise McCraw spent the first Sunday in May sitting on stool in the middle of her living room. Church had been canceled. She could not get to her car, and so she waited patiently for firefighters to rescue her from her West Hamilton Avenue home.

She's sitting a stool in her living room. Wow, what a horrible flood. Its amazing the firefighters were able to pluck her off her stool in the middle of her living room.

As for the governor of Tennessee, who cares what that particular idiot says?

Why should we weight your opinion heavier than his? His is actually based on his knowledge of the situation, you're just guessing because it sounds right to you.

CSM
05-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Exactly as I said - you see people asking for help in New Orleans - they must be a bunch of lazy good for nothing leeches - if you see people asking for help in Nashville, well those are just poor people that hit hard times. That's called a double standard. You don't think Nashville has public housing? http://www.nashville-mdha.org/familyHousing.php

Why would she give a damn who rescued her?

She's sitting a stool in her living room. Wow, what a horrible flood. Its amazing the firefighters were able to pluck her off her stool in the middle of her living room.

Why should we weight your opinion heavier than his? His is actually based on his knowledge of the situation, you're just guessing because it sounds right to you.

Well, Sparky, it looks like you've won another debate with your overwhelming intellect.

*yawn*

Actually, I'm just tired of playing with you.

cat slave
05-13-2010, 01:52 AM

Really? Is that a fact?

Where the hell do you think the money that the "Fed" doles out at its
discretion.....its our money, putz....the government generates not one
thing...they take it from us so Nashville has every right to ask for some
of their tax dollars to help them recover from this historic flood.

There is no gold mine in the sky...again, its OUR money.

And "they" wouldnt have been "living in it for a week" if they had been in all
those cars parked in driveways and 10 miles up the road when she hit!
Not to mention all those buses that the mayor of the "chocolate city"
let sit empty in spite of all the warnings of the oncoming storm.

And how smart is it to live in a bowl on the coast of the gulf?

Bad choices are not acts of god!

SpidermanTUba
05-13-2010, 11:04 AM

Lots of people didn't have cars asshole.

But I know you take pleasure in other peoples' misery, so please, go on.

SpidermanTUba
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM

Lots of people didn't have cars asshole.

But I know you take pleasure in other peoples' misery, so please, go on.

And how smart is it to live in a bowl on the coast of the gulf?
Its apparently equally as smart as living next to the Cumberland River you hypocritical jerk off.

The majority of the people in New Orleans live above sea level. But don't let the facts get in the way of your hate.