PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Student Told Drawing U.S. Flag 'Offensive' But Obama Drawing Praised

red states rule
05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
So students can't exprese their love of America - but can their love of Obama.

And people wonder why the public school system is a failure

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd6U6Uuzpr" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd6U6Uuzpr" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

HogTrash
05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
The American Flag sure is awfully unpopular these days...Even in America.

red states rule
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
What kind of teacher talks that way to a student?

HogTrash
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Does anyone agree with my premise that any educator who finds the America Flag "offensive" is not qualified to teach our children?

red states rule
05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Does anyone agree with my premise that any educator who finds the America Flag "offensive" is not qualified to teach our children?

The may have that opinion, but they should not exress the opinion in class. I went thru school with many liberal teachers teaching their opinions as fact

Abbey Marie
05-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Sadly, I think this type of behavior will soon no longer be shocking, but rather, fairly common.

Trigg
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal.

I do wonder where this teacher is from???????? It's California afterall so I wonder if the teacher is of Mexican decent. Seems they have quite a problem with people being offended by the American flag in American schools in that state.

DragonStryk72
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow, that's.... that's just fucked up

HogTrash
05-12-2010, 05:07 PM
:lol: This is what you get when you practice or support political correctness.

Denying political correctness is simply another form of supporting political correctness.

Think about it?.....If everyone who denied practicing PC, actually did not practice PC, there would not be a PC problem.

Common Sense Folks...Do we or do we not have a serious problem with political correctness in this nation?

HogTrash
05-12-2010, 05:17 PM
If we were to ask the teacher responsible for this thread if they believed they are guilty of political correctness, they would say "absolutely NO!"

KarlMarx
05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
In a recent survey on this very issue

1. 33% stated that they were for the ban
2. 33% were against the ban
3. 34% were undecided.
4. and 99% were in favor of shipping Obama off to a 1 mud hut village in Kenya along with the rest of his jolly band of jokers and troublemakers

SassyLady
05-13-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal.

I do wonder where this teacher is from???????? It's California afterall so I wonder if the teacher is of Mexican decent. Seems they have quite a problem with people being offended by the American flag in American schools in that state.

Still don't know if it was the flag or the words "God Bless America" that the teacher found offensive.

Did you hear about the high school kid that was suspended because he removed a Mexican flag that had been raised higher than the American flag on school grounds? He couldn't find who it belonged to so he threw it away. Now he has been suspended for three days and will be forced to pay for the flag ....... now, we all know that if it had been an American flag and he burned it there would have been a parade of liberal progressives carrying him on their shoulders...... but, because it was a Mexican flag ... he was suspended.

What is going on in our schools? Are we going to have to fight the Alamo all over again? :salute:

Trigg
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Still don't know if it was the flag or the words "God Bless America" that the teacher found offensive.

Did you hear about the high school kid that was suspended because he removed a Mexican flag that had been raised higher than the American flag on school grounds? He couldn't find who it belonged to so he threw it away. Now he has been suspended for three days and will be forced to pay for the flag ....... now, we all know that if it had been an American flag and he burned it there would have been a parade of liberal progressives carrying him on their shoulders...... but, because it was a Mexican flag ... he was suspended.

What is going on in our schools? Are we going to have to fight the Alamo all over again? :salute:

I saw a story on that and I believe it happened in California also.

Binky
05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
What kind of teacher talks that way to a student?

Ones with his/her own agendas..... Why should it be offensive? It's her flag, representing her country.

Maybe that teacher has illegals in her background. Who knows? What I find interesting is the fact that the teacher "fawned" all over the Obama pic that another student drew, knowing what sort of creepy people are in his background, but has the audacity to tell that girl she can't draw that because it's offensive.................Pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, there's some stinky poo here.......

Binky
05-13-2010, 01:31 PM

This is all just one more step by radicals to tear away at America. It seems the thinking process in this country has been tilted and going topsy turvy.... It certainly isn't align with being an American and what it stands for....There are those all to willing to corrode the minds of our young with their liberal bullpucky and do what they can to alter the facts.... Apparently it's mexico first and America last right in our own country....

Considering the way our gov't coddles illegals I would imagine that we're destined to fight it once again....

Binky
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
:lol: This is what you get when you practice or support political correctness.

Denying political correctness is simply another form of supporting political correctness.

Think about it?.....If everyone who denied practicing PC, actually did not practice PC, there would not be a PC problem.

Common Sense Folks...Do we or do we not have a serious problem with political correctness in this nation?

Well..........it certainly doesn't take a genius to see we have such a problem...And all because the powers that be have programmed everyone via the tv, advertisements etc....:eek:

Binky
05-13-2010, 01:35 PM

I agree and that teacher should not have been allowed to teach in America....

cat slave
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
So students can't exprese their love of America - but can their love of Obama.

And people wonder why the public school system is a failure

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd6U6Uuzpr" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd6U6Uuzpr" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

That should start a campaign of hand drawn flags all over the place. Didnt
like it then? Watch this!!

revelarts
05-13-2010, 04:15 PM
insane,
But I remember that the gov't must fund A crucifix in jar of urine. But must suppress the "offensive" God bless America flag art.
insane.

DragonStryk72
05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
What makes the whole thing even crazier is that we already have "In God We Trust" on our money, and one of the most patriotic songs in the whole country is "God Bless America", which was what the girl wrote on her flag.

It just doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, how can blessing someone or something. It's like reaming a Mexican for putting down "God Bless Mexico", of course they're going to be happy with their own country, frickin christ.

red states rule
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
School kids can't honor the flag - but they are forced to sing their Obama song

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ettl3zfLWus&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ettl3zfLWus&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>