PDA

View Full Version : Brag on your kids thread!

gabosaurus
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
If you are a parent, obviously you enjoy doting on the accomplishments of your kids. Feel free to do so here.

My daughter won her first ever fencing medal last weekend. She got third place in youth novice division. :D

HogTrash
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
There are no liberals in my immediate family. :salute:

MtnBiker
05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
If you are a parent, obviously you enjoy doting on the accomplishments of your kids. Feel free to do so here.

My daughter won her first ever fencing medal last weekend. She got third place in youth novice division. :D

Fencing, cool. Good for her, well done.

Right now my son is mostly really good at being cute and making messes.

SassyLady
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
My granddaughter had her third belt (orange) in Kenpo before she was 11. They teach it as her physical education class at her school. She loves it!!!

jimnyc
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Got a call from the principal at my sons school last week because he got into an argument with a friend and was overheard calling him a shithead. He thought it was OK because he heard Mommy call Daddy that once for not taking the garbage out. :)

On a brighter side, he is 9 years old and now has over 200 books on his bookshelf that he has fully read. Every night before bed, 7 days per week, the woman makes him read 30-45 minutes. He actually looks forward to it and now loves reading and going to the library to get new books or spending his allowance at Borders.

gabosaurus
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Reading is a good thing. My daughter is a voracious reader. Sometimes we have to tell her to put down her book and finish her homework.
In addition to fencing, my daughter takes piano lessons. She loves listening to music. We are going to see James Taylor and Carole King at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend.

Trinity
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Got a call from the principal at my sons school last week because he got into an argument with a friend and was overheard calling him a shithead. He thought it was OK because he heard Mommy call Daddy that once for not taking the garbage out. :)

I got a call from my 11 year old son's principal last November, she said to me
"in the 25 years that I have been in the educational field I have never run into a child like Jesse and I have no idea how to deal with him."

My response; WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!! :coffee:

darin
05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
My kids are well-behaved, disciplined, and humble.

LiberalNation
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
my kids sleep 26 hours a day, lick themselves, eat, shit, and sleep.

HogTrash
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
my kids sleep 26 hours a day, lick themselves, eat, shit, and sleep.They sound like typical healthy average American children to me.

Abbey Marie
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Wtg! :clap:

Abbey Marie
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm humbler than you all. :laugh2:

SassyLady
05-12-2010, 11:59 PM
My daughter and hubby are going to be guests of Donald Trump at the Miss America Pagent this Sunday in Vegas.

I don't know if that is something to be proud of or not.....but they are pretty excited!

PS - getting those calls from school - how about this one - getting a call from the police telling you that your daughter has just been airlifted to the nearest trauma center because she took her daddy's car out joyriding and wrapped it around a tree and had to be cut out of it (and she was only 12). That was just the beginning of a six year trek to hell and back with her! Now she is all grown up, has three wonderful children and I couldn't ask for a better daughter. So take heart everyone ... there is hope!

82Marine89
05-13-2010, 12:21 AM
My kids...

Cristina made me a grandpa and is married to a SSgt in the Marine Corps. He is a drill Instructor.

Nick is a manager at a 99¢ Store.

John is a manager at Wal-Mart.

Keifer is a manny.

Catie is a 4.0 student.

Mikayla is also a great student.

They range in age from 26 to 10. Can't ask for more than that.

CSM
05-13-2010, 05:33 AM
I have four sons. They are all fine upstanding young men.

The oldest spent 6 years in the Navy and is currently making and repairing IED detection devices.

The second oldest has a BS in Computer Networks, is in the Army National Guard (currently a First Sergeant and #1 on the list for Sergeant major). He is prepping to deploy to the sandbox (again).

The third oldest is full time Army National Guard (currently E-7 and #1 on the list for E-8) and also prepping to deploy (again). He works as an intelligence analyst for ICE.

The youngest is a financial advisor and stock trader. He is continuing his education and recently married a really smart and pretty girl.

I have 3 granddaughters, all of whom are extremely pretty and smart. I have two grandsons who are cute as buttons, smart and ust plain fun.

Other than that, I haven't much to brag about.

HogTrash
05-13-2010, 07:18 AM
My daughter and hubby are going to be guests of Donald Trump at the Miss America Pagent this Sunday in Vegas.

I don't know if that is something to be proud of or not.....but they are pretty excited!

PS - getting those calls from school - how about this one - getting a call from the police telling you that your daughter has just been airlifted to the nearest trauma center because she took her daddy's car out joyriding and wrapped it around a tree and had to be cut out of it (and she was only 12). That was just the beginning of a six year trek to hell and back with her! Now she is all grown up, has three wonderful children and I couldn't ask for a better daughter. So take heart everyone ... there is hope!Donald Trump is a remarkable capitalist and a true conservative...Well done Princess. :clap:

gabosaurus
05-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Marine and CSM, what wonderful fathers you must have been to produce such remarkable kids! Though I can't imagine raising four or six kids. One is enough for me.

Gotta love it!

SassyLady
05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I have four sons. They are all fine upstanding young men.

The oldest spent 6 years in the Navy and is currently making and repairing IED detection devices.

The second oldest has a BS in Computer Networks, is in the Army National Guard (currently a First Sergeant and #1 on the list for Sergeant major). He is prepping to deploy to the sandbox (again).

The third oldest is full time Army National Guard (currently E-7 and #1 on the list for E-8) and also prepping to deploy (again). He works as an intelligence analyst for ICE.

The youngest is a financial advisor and stock trader. He is continuing his education and recently married a really smart and pretty girl.

I have 3 granddaughters, all of whom are extremely pretty and smart. I have two grandsons who are cute as buttons, smart and ust plain fun.

Way to go proud papa!!! They must have had great role models in their parents. :beer:

Abbey Marie
05-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Note to MKP: I think you meant the Miss USA pageant. :)

Your daughter must be a very secure woman to go there with her hubby- those contestants are gorgeous! :coffee:

SassyLady
05-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Note to MKP: I think you meant the Miss USA pageant. :)

Your daughter must be a very secure woman to go there with her hubby- those contestants are gorgeous! :coffee:

Yep, you are right on both accounts!!! It is the Miss USA (tells you how much I know) and she is a very secure woman (and this is after having three kids!). Had her picture taken with Mr. Trump and she said - "he's very tall" and said he likes being surrounded by gorgeous women. By the way -- her husband looks like JFK Junior. They are a very good looking couple.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep, you are right on both accounts!!! It is the Miss USA (tells you how much I know) and she is a very secure woman (and this is after having three kids!). Had her picture taken with Mr. Trump and she said - "he's very tall" and said he likes being surrounded by gorgeous women. By the way -- her husband looks like JFK Junior. They are a very good looking couple.

The acorn didn't fall far... :beer:

SassyLady
05-19-2010, 01:03 AM
The acorn didn't fall far... :beer:

Made me blush Abbey - thank you!!!

Did you know that you are an oak tree also? :thumb: