PDA

View Full Version : Obama calls for 'resolute' spending cuts in Spain

red states rule
05-13-2010, 04:49 AM
How can anyone take the advice of Spender in Chief Obama seriously when he tells other nations to control deficit spending?

The deficit for the month of April alone was $82 BILLION

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – US President Barack Obama on Tuesday asked Spain for "resolute action" to stem its widening deficit, in order to regain market confidence in the eurozone and avoid a spill-over effect from Greece.

"President Obama and Spanish President Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero ... discussed the importance of Spain taking resolute action as part of Europe's effort to strengthen its economy and build market confidence," the White House said in a statement.

Washington is backing austerity measures in Spain and other European countries "because of a fear that anything might stem the recovery that we believe is taking place," Mr Obama's spokesman, Robert Gibbs, told journalists in Washington.

Mr Obama's phone call to Madrid was part of the "ongoing consultations with close allies" on the troubles affecting the eurozone, he added.

The US president has been working the phones in recent days to EU leaders struggling to defend the eurozone from growing market speculation on its ailing southern economies.

http://euobserver.com/9/30064

cat slave
05-13-2010, 03:07 PM
ROTFL!!! What a delusional bafoon the messiah is. Someone needs to remind
him he is NOT king of the world!

Binky
05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
ROTFL!!! What a delusional bafoon the messiah is. Someone needs to remind
him he is NOT king of the world!

Maybe he'll figure it out if and when he runs for another term.... Anyway, arrogance abounds. When he enters a room his ego goes in first.......

05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Why on earth does he seem to think he can tell other nations what to do?

And why is it we don't see the left complaining about this? I mean Bush atleast invited people to join us or not. He didn't go around saying "Do what I say, not what I do"

red states rule
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM

And why is it we don't see the left complaining about this? I mean Bush atleast invited people to join us or not. He didn't go around saying "Do what I say, not what I do"

He can't help himself. He is a liberal who dicates to others on what they can/should do - while exempting himself from the same requirements

Is anyone surprised by his arrogance and condescending attitude?

cat slave
05-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Yeah, that pos makes gw look good.

Hes delusional and completely out of touch with any reality...and is a psychotic liar. And those are his good points.