PDA

View Full Version : Group wants equal restroom access for women

red states rule
05-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Time must be heavy on the hands of some of our elected reps in DC. Please help them out, and send them home after the election in November

Them seem to think this issue needs their attention, while the US economy continues to tank

Add equal bathroom access to life, liberty, happiness and the other things the government wants to make sure American citizens enjoy.

Some call it "potty parity," others label it "porcelain proportionality" — but a bipartisan group in Congress, braving potential public ridicule, says it's time federal buildings provide equal bathroom access for women, who are currently burdened by long lines and the need for more time once they get in the door.

Led by Rep. Edolphus Towns, New York Democrat and chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the lawmakers want most federal office buildings built or leased from now on to have at least as many toilets for women as they do toilets and urinals for men.

"The fact that many federal buildings do not provide as many restroom facilities for women as they do for men is simply unfair. It's time for that to change," Mr. Towns said Wednesday at a hearing he called to gather information on his bill.

But measuring commode conformity is not cut and dried.

Some argued that it means equality of opportunity, as judged by the number of stalls, while others said equality of outcome is the key, which could be measured by the length of lines.

"Women on average take about twice as long to use facilities as men. The result is still going to be much longer lines for women than men," said John F. Banzhaf III, a law professor at George Washington University who has helped craft some of the potty-parity laws enacted in states.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/13/group-wants-equal-restroom-access-for-women/

CSM
05-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Hmm.. when it comes to number of urinals vice number of commodes, I always thought it the result indicated the number of people at that particular facility who were full of piss and vinegar vice the number who were full of crap.

You would think that our elected officials had bigger issues to deal with and more pressing needs to address. I guess not.

red states rule
05-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Hmm.. when it comes to number of urinals vice number of commodes, I always thought it the result indicated the number of people at that particular facility who were full of piss and vinegar vice the number who were full of crap.

You would think that our elected officials had bigger issues to deal with and more pressing needs to address. I guess not.

Yep, the economy is fine, people are working, the deficit is under control, terrorists are on the run, and Obama is still wildly popular as he leads the world to peace and prosperity

So why not focus on making everything equal?

HogTrash
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Considering our present situation, public restrooms are not a priority, but I do sympathize with this unique delimma of the ladies.

I do believe government facilities should be made more accessible for women to a standard equal to those of the mens.

Although I don't support laws requiring the private sector to comply with government standards, I do have faith in the female consumer.

Women should refuse to patronize any business that does not furnish adequate restroom facilities untill they become more lady friendly.

Many times have I seen the long slow moving lines to the ladies facilities at the local ballpark and football stadium and felt their pain.

revelarts
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM

:lol:

Mr. P
05-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Women just need to pee faster and have their hen party somewhere else. Problem solved. :)

One thing I don't wanna see is a bill hundreds or thousands of pages long packed with PORK just to say "Add more pots".

HogTrash
05-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Women just need to pee faster and have their hen party somewhere else. Problem solved. :)Good points...

One thing I don't wanna see is a bill hundreds or thousands of pages long packed with PORK just to say "Add more pots".I agree...

cat slave
05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Women just need to pee faster and have their hen party somewhere else. Problem solved. :)

One thing I don't wanna see is a bill hundreds or thousands of pages long packed with PORK just to say "Add more pots".

Uh oh...thow doest tread on shaky ground!:)

The only place Ive ever been where there was a line was at a concert or
something like that.

And all the women Ive seen in any restroom are not having hen parties....
they want out asap!

Silver
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Has Congress held hearings yet.....

I'll bet they can't wait to get their hands on this one....finally, something they can actually accomplish....imagine that...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Binky
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Considering our present situation, public restrooms are not a priority, but I do sympathize with this unique delimma of the ladies.

I do believe government facilities should be made more accessible for women to a standard equal to those of the mens.

Although I don't support laws requiring the private sector to comply with government standards, I do have faith in the female consumer.

Women should refuse to patronize any business that does not furnish adequate restroom facilities untill they become more lady friendly.

Many times have I seen the long slow moving lines to the ladies facilities at the local ballpark and football stadium and felt their pain.

Those long lines occur because many women feel the need to primp and readjust their clothing making sure everything is perfect upon their reentrance into the outside world..... Bathrooms are meant to used to relieve onself.. And for personal hygeine. They aren't meant to be used for giving total makeovers....

05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Do I even want to ask what clause of the Constitution empowers the government to grant "equal restroom access?" Whatever that means to begin with. There is a men's room and a women's room. Is someone barring women from entering?

Trigg
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
The problem isn't with bathroom access, it's with size.

Men's rooms have urinals which enables more men to "go" at the same time.

The problem would be solved IMHO with women's bathrooms being larger, thus enabling more stalls.

I HATE WAITING IN LINES.

Mr. P, the lines aren't caused by women talking, honestly you don't really think we want to stand around all day talking in the restroom do you?

cat slave
05-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Logic....they will never grasp the concept.

gabosaurus
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
This should be the masthead of DP. It's more representative than what is there now.

http://i41.tinypic.com/z0ieo.gif

Mr. P
05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I think we should label ALL woman's restrooms with sign that says: FEMALE CAMPING POTTY...

I'll bet they do their stuff at light speed then AND they won't go (together) just to gossip!! :poke: :laugh2:

cat slave
05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Whatever! Ill go when I need to and get out asap...gross!

actsnoblemartin
05-17-2010, 09:25 PM
glad to see putting down men (misandry) however unintentional it may be is still misandry

This should be the masthead of DP. It's more representative than what is there now.

http://i41.tinypic.com/z0ieo.gif

SpidermanTUba
05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Time must be heavy on the hands of some of our elected reps in DC. Please help them out, and send them home after the election in November

Them seem to think this issue needs their attention, while the US economy continues to tank

Shut the fuck up you woman hater.

SpidermanTUba
05-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Its not a pressing need to you because you aren't a woman and you could care less. My wife attended a law school that was majority women - yet the female bathroom had one commode and the men's room had 2 commodes and 2 urinals. How fucked is that? Its because dicks like you don't think its an important issue - because it doesn't affect you directly. That's called selfishness.

SpidermanTUba
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Those long lines occur because many women feel the need to primp and readjust their clothing making sure everything is perfect upon their reentrance into the outside world..... Bathrooms are meant to used to relieve onself.. And for personal hygeine. They aren't meant to be used for giving total makeovers....

WOW! You're so moronic you don't even realize that men and women piss in different manners.

82Marine89
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Its not a pressing need to you because you aren't a woman and you could care less. My wife attended a law school that was majority women - yet the female bathroom had one commode and the men's room had 2 commodes and 2 urinals. How fucked is that? Its because dicks like you don't think its an important issue - because it doesn't affect you directly. That's called selfishness.

Are you a sit-pisser Spidey?