05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
to make your community better?

cat slave
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I fortunately am in a very rural community with very strong ties to each other
and we are TIGHT! I dont really need to do anything locally as those who
know much more about what goes on under the radar than I do and they
are prepared.

I would do anything that was asked of me though.

Insein
05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Voting. Especially this Tuesday.

05-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Voting. Especially this Tuesday.

I have to work the polls. Im not super enthusiastic about it because Republicans don't have tons of choices on the ticket. What's the point of primaries if we don't get a choice? Why don't politicians have the guts to stick in the primary to the actual vote?

DragonStryk72
05-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm involved currently in boy scouts, which keeps me pretty busy with campouts, service projects, and whatnot.

05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm involved currently in boy scouts, which keeps me pretty busy with campouts, service projects, and whatnot.

I've actually been thinking of getting involved in that. Im sure I could be a merit badge counselor or something.

Insein
05-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I have to work the polls. Im not super enthusiastic about it because Republicans don't have tons of choices on the ticket. What's the point of primaries if we don't get a choice? Why don't politicians have the guts to stick in the primary to the actual vote?

True. Corbett vs Rohrer is bleh to me. Rohrer says "disciplined" taxes but not cut taxes. I don't like that wording. Corbett has been AG though for a bit.

I like Beiler for Lt Gov. He's run a successful business and knows how to manage money then.

I'm in District 6 and Patrick Henry Sellers is a no brainer to me. He's the Tea PArty guy and looks Libertarian on taxes and personal freedoms. My kind of guy.

SassyLady
05-14-2010, 12:07 AM

Participating in community based projects is a great way for a small business owner to network and meet other people.

Currently I am not involved in any community projects - just burnt out. In the past, I've been involved in .... charities, orphanage, chamber of commerce, Soroptomist, team mother for Little League, soccer, softball, football, baseball, basketball and T-ball; Family Support Group (for military families); created a community organization that took on the county in a fight for property rights...........and many other community based projects and a few others that I've forgotten. In addition, I believe giving blood and being registered as a bone marrow and organ donor are great ways to give back to one's community.

hortysir
05-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Donating and volunteering to our local mission.
Sponsoring blood drive this Memorial Day
Trying to get on ballot for county commissioner

Other than that, just working to provide for my family, keeping my employees with jobs, etc....

:salute:

darin
05-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Work my job to the best of my ability. CARE about my job. Strive to root-out waste. Identify aspects for process efficiency and improvement - Malcolm Baldrige stuff.

Trigg
05-15-2010, 07:36 PM
my kids are involved in community service through school and my oldest son's wrestling team picks a few families every year to help them out.

Last year they cleaned barn stalls and did some basic building help, hammering nails and such.

They also volunteered at the local haunted jail in October.

LuvRPgrl
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM

I go around slapping liberals. :dance:

But seriously, I have lots of kids (7), and right now its keeping me pretty busy,
what I do, do is whenever Im out and about, I talk politics with strangers. Occasionally I get some captive audiences, and will politely debate the liberals and point out the fallacies of their arguements.

Well, it stays civil until they start sputtering and spewing

My older kids love it.
Actually, that is another thing I do, I have raised all my kids so far to be conservatives, my oldest daughter had a rough go of it in college with her professors seeing as how she took conservative points of view.

The last time I got a good audience I went into a small comuter shop run by some asians, and this guy was having his PC fixed, so he couldnt leave.
He claimed that not only should health care be govt run, but the oil companies and all energy should be run by the govt.

I reminded him they try that in the soviet union and asked him how that worked out, he had no reply.
Then I told him, here, why dont you just take my wallet and dole out what you think I should keep, and he said, he doesnt think we should go that far, and I said WHY NOT? He said, well,we both believe in the same thing, we are just at different points on the scale.

I told him no, not true, as I have a definite fixed point, that is govt should only tax and fund SERVICES THAT ARE ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR THE FUNCTIONING OF THE COUNTRY.

Then he started the usual spittering,,,uhh, you just dont understand