PDA

View Full Version : Doctor

jimnyc
05-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I had my monthly appointment with the doctor today. You know, the one they assigned me because I talk to the little fella on my shoulder. Or maybe because I'm a nutcase. :)

Anyway, this doctor has been prescribing me 3-4 different medications on and off for about 6 years now. I'm always very curious and concerned about what I take so I always ask a lot of questions. Obviously no red lights went up before or I wouldn't be taking any of them. I was always assured that each medication was safe and safely tested amongst their groups, and had a strong track record of working.

We got on the subject of migraines today and he asked about my general doctor. I told him I really didn't have one that I always have used walk-in clinics since moving closer to NYC and haven't had a steady doctor since I lived in NJ years ago. He said I should definitely get a steady, and get my entire system checked out as taking any medications long term can have an effect on the body and hurt the liver, cholesterol, heart issues, blood issues.... WTF? Where were ya when you got me hooked on this shit, Doc? Now I find out my cure might be killing me? LOL

Water is good for you. Water will kill you. We all need milk. The milk weakens you. A glass of wine a day is good for you. Wine will kill you. Fruit is a better alternative to candy. Fruit can give you rare diseases. Everything "they" tell us is good for us and helps us, you can always find an alternative source to tell you it's killing you.

Whatever happened to just plain old fucking moo cow milk? LOL

Lewis Black:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Trinity
05-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I had my monthly appointment with the doctor today. You know, the one they assigned me because I talk to the little fella on my shoulder. Or maybe because I'm a nutcase. :)

Anyway, this doctor has been prescribing me 3-4 different medications on and off for about 6 years now. I'm always very curious and concerned about what I take so I always ask a lot of questions. Obviously no red lights went up before or I wouldn't be taking any of them. I was always assured that each medication was safe and safely tested amongst their groups, and had a strong track record of working.

We got on the subject of migraines today and he asked about my general doctor. I told him I really didn't have one that I always have used walk-in clinics since moving closer to NYC and haven't had a steady doctor since I lived in NJ years ago. He said I should definitely get a steady, and get my entire system checked out as taking any medications long term can have an effect on the body and hurt the liver, cholesterol, heart issues, blood issues.... WTF? Where were ya when you got me hooked on this shit, Doc? Now I find out my cure might be killing me? LOL

Water is good for you. Water will kill you. We all need milk. The milk weakens you. A glass of wine a day is good for you. Wine will kill you. Fruit is a better alternative to candy. Fruit can give you rare diseases. Everything "they" tell us is good for us and helps us, you can always find an alternative source to tell you it's killing you.

Whatever happened to just plain old fucking moo cow milk? LOL

Lewis Black:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Are you talking to that little fella on your shoulder again??? :coffee:

oh and the air you need to live, will kill you too. Just don't put to much thought into it or you'll drive yourself crazy....

Abbey Marie
05-15-2010, 01:08 PM
As I understand it, many prescription drugs can affect your liver and you need regular blood test to make sure it's functioning properly. My doc sends me for regular blood work for that reason.

LiberalNation
05-15-2010, 08:11 PM
all the meds they have me on for strep throat is making it so I can't pee and when I do it's stop and start.

chloe
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
What happens if you don't take all those medicines?