PDA

View Full Version : Palin is cleaning house

SassyLady
05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I could care less that Palin has women on her "hit list". Why would anyone care if the corrupt politician is a woman or not? Feminists are saying that they've worked so hard to get a foothold in Congress that the fact that Palin is targeting women is being a traitor to all women. NOT IT IS NOT!! Corruption is corruption ... regardless of color, race, political affiliation or gender!!! Get them out of there Sarah.

Sister Sledgehammer: Palin takes aim at Dem women
By KASIE HUNT | 5/15/10 3:04 PM EDT

Election season is here, and Sarah Palin is set on knocking down Democratic women political players.

Sarah Palin’s political portfolio for the midterm election is beginning to take shape, and the races that interest her appear to share a similar trait—for the most part, they involve a woman on one side of the ballot or the other.

Already she’s embraced a handful of conservative Republican women in House, Senate and governor’s races across the country, delivering more than just her endorsement—she’s campaigned with them and donated to their campaigns as well.

Palin has also put some skin in the game. On Friday, she endorsed state Rep. Nikki Haley in the key early presidential state of South Carolina where Haley trails several male challengers in the polls.

But it’s not just conservative female candidates who have attracted the former Alaska governor’s attention. Democratic congresswomen and candidates are also on Palin’s radar—in March, when Palin rolled out a list of 17 House Democrats she intends to target for defeat, five of them were women.

She’s also donated to a GOP House challenger in Illinois who is running against Rep. Debbie Halvorson (D-Ill.) and to Rep. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), who is running for an open Senate seat against Democrat Robin Carnahan in Missouri.

When asked about the composition of Palin’s targets, a Palin aide who asked not to be named said it wasn’t on purpose—it was simply a coincidence that so many women are in the crosshairs. But whether her female-heavy roster of preferred and targeted candidates is inadvertent or by design, it highlights an increasingly obvious part of her political persona.

Palin is emerging not only as a standard-bearer for social conservatives but as a campaign trail Annie Oakley, a pioneering female pol who not only intends to flex her muscle to carry conservative women to office but also to shove more than a few Democratic women out of the way.

“No one before her was a conservative woman on the national scene who has made such a splash,” says Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, a group dedicated to electing women who oppose abortion rights.

Palin eagerly claims the feminist mantle—an unusual assertion for a candidate from her wing of the GOP—and spoke Friday of “a new conservative feminist movement” with an “emerging conservative feminist identity,” before a Washington audience.

“I kinda feel a connection to that tough, gun totin’ pioneer feminism,” she told the enthusiastic crowd of anti-abortion activists gathered to support the SBA List.

“For far too long, when people heard the word feminist, they thought of the faculty lounge ant some East Coast woman’s college,” she said. “And no offense to them, they have their opinions and their voice and God bless ‘em, that’s great, but that’s not the only voice of women in America."

More....... here

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37285.html

Palin’s political style—and her cold-blooded approach to targeting races—also places her at a distance from some of her party’s top female officeholders, most notably those in the Senate.

While GOP Sens. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas), Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) walk the halls of the Capitol in well-coordinated suits, at a recent election rally for one of their Senate colleagues, John McCain, Palin showed up dressed in a leather motorcycle jacket that accentuated her image and made her octogenarian former running mate pale by comparison.

That willingness to break with political convention, both in dress and in her targeted candidates, will make Palin a singular force on the campaign trail, says Dannenfelser.

“The deep roots of the liberal feminist movement are in the Democratic Party. To the extent that this idea that we can’t be happy with men is still around; it’s probably living out its life there more than in the Republican Party,” says Dannenfelser. “The fact that women feel a little bit more likely now to be able to look feminine … is a great thing, because it means that at least we’re not trying to be the same people anymore. We know that we’re different, we know that we’re equal.”

cat slave
05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone who misbehaves should be targeted, black or white,
male or female.

Shes not sender sensitive just honesty sensitive.

HogTrash
05-15-2010, 07:50 PM
My only dissapointment is Palin's support for John McCain over JD Hayworth in the Arizona Senate race.

Hayworth is a true conservative, unlike RINO McCain who is only conservative when it is politicly expedient.

I feel that Palin is putting her personal gratitude ahead of the nations best interest...Other than that, I'm with her.

It is a close race and I plan on donating to the JD Hayworth for Senate Campaign, even though I am not an Arizonan.

I strongly urge other true conservatives to do so as well...The McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill was the final straw for me.

cat slave
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree. Enough loyalty is more than enough to McAmnesty.
The old fart needs to go.