PDA

View Full Version : Tips for posting...

jimnyc
05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll add them as members ask me questions and I solve their issues. If anyone else has anything they want to share, add it!

Q. - "I spent like an hour writing a post and when I hit submit it had logged me out and I lost all my work". What causes this and what can I do to prevent it from happening again.

A. - The board logs out anyone with no activity for over 15 minutes. So if you take longer than that to write your post, you will likely be logged out when you hit the submit button. "Sometimes" you are lucky enough to be able to hit the "Back" button and get to your post and "Copy" it before it goes away. Generally logging in at that point should also log you in and make your post at the same time - but admittedly this does not always happen.

What I do - When I know I'll be awhile working on something, I open a 2nd browser window, come to the board again, and click to the "Who's Online" page. If you let that page just sit while you write on your first browser session, the second will auto-reload every 60 seconds and prevent you from being logged out.

-Cp
05-16-2010, 01:56 PM
I've never "been logged out" because I check the box: "Stay logged in"... :)

jimnyc
05-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I've never "been logged out" because I check the box: "Stay logged in"... :)

The "remember me" box? LOL - I guess that's a better way of solving this if that's the case. I thought that just remembered your user name for the next time you visit. Thanks for an even better resolution than what I posted!