PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii slams door on 'birthers,' who turn to Obama Social Security number

chloe
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Tired of repeated requests for President Obama's birth certificate – often from the same people – Hawaii has adopted a law that allows the state to deny such requests. But 'birthers' are now questioning a different document: the Obama Social Security number.

The law, known as Act 100, takes a detour around the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by allowing state agencies a limited exemption from FOIA requirements when repeated requests for information are made by the same person. The law covers all agencies but it specifically targets people who repeatedly request a copy of Obama’s Hawaii birth certificate, the Honolulu Advertiser reported Thursday.

The birthers are instead turning to another claim against Obama’s legitimacy: an Internet rumor that questions the Obama social security number. Two private investigators claim that the digits indicate that it was issued in Connecticut, not Hawaii. (The digits in a social security number are allocated based on state of residence when issued.) They also say his social security number belongs to someone born in 1890

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0513/Hawaii-slams-door-on-birthers-who-turn-to-Obama-Social-Security-number

SassyLady
05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Tired of repeated requests for President Obama's birth certificate – often from the same people – Hawaii has adopted a law that allows the state to deny such requests. But 'birthers' are now questioning a different document: the Obama Social Security number.

The law, known as Act 100, takes a detour around the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by allowing state agencies a limited exemption from FOIA requirements when repeated requests for information are made by the same person. The law covers all agencies but it specifically targets people who repeatedly request a copy of Obama’s Hawaii birth certificate, the Honolulu Advertiser reported Thursday.

The birthers are instead turning to another claim against Obama’s legitimacy: an Internet rumor that questions the Obama social security number. Two private investigators claim that the digits indicate that it was issued in Connecticut, not Hawaii. (The digits in a social security number are allocated based on state of residence when issued.) They also say his social security number belongs to someone born in 1890

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0513/Hawaii-slams-door-on-birthers-who-turn-to-Obama-Social-Security-number

Interesting. I was born in Texas, but don't think I got my social security number until I was 16, and then I lived in CA. Would my SS# be a number from CA or TX, and would it be based on my birth year or the year I applied for it?

Never thought about it before this. Hmmmmmmmm.

Mr. P
05-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Interesting. I was born in Texas, but don't think I got my social security number until I was 16, and then I lived in CA. Would my SS# be a number from CA or TX, and would it be based on my birth year or the year I applied for it?

Never thought about it before this. Hmmmmmmmm.

The first 3 # represent the state of residence when issued.

SassyLady
05-19-2010, 01:59 AM
The first 3 # represent the state of residence when issued.

Thank you!

sybarite
05-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Interesting to see how this will turn out!