PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich calls Elena Kagan anti-military & unworthy!

chloe
05-17-2010, 02:10 PM
JOVGyhyWNTo

gabosaurus
05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone care what Newt thinks? His archaic opinions are worthless.

Little-Acorn
05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Does anyone care what Newt thinks? His archaic opinions are worthless.

Translation: I can't refute anything Gingrich said here, so I'll attack him personally instead, and call him names, and hope I can fool someone into believing there's something wrong with what he said anyway.

:cheers2:

HogTrash
05-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I never was Newt Gingrich fan.

I always thought he put the Republican Party ahead of conservatism.

I still believe it.

sybarite
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Translation: I can't refute anything Gingrich said here, so I'll attack him personally instead, and call him names, and hope I can fool someone into believing there's something wrong with what he said anyway.

:cheers2:

:clap::clap:

bullypulpit
05-18-2010, 06:37 AM
The facts are thus...

During her term as Dean of Harvard Law School, Harvard law students had access to military recruiters, either through Harvard's Office of Career Services or through the Harvard Law School Veterans Association. Recruitment during her tenure either equaled or exceeded that of previous years at Harvard.

Newtie failed to make even the feeblest attempt to get his facts straight before running off at the mouth. That make him a liar. The simple fact of the matter is that the GOP has no other straw to grasp at, so they...and their slavish followers...grasp at this straw like a drowning man for something, anything, to keep their heads above water.

That you, Chloe, so readily believe this pap without making any attempt to verify its trustworthiness speaks volumes about your own paucity of intellectual rigor and critical thinking skills. Naive ignorance can be understood, even forgiven. Willful ignorance, such as that displayed by you and your fellow travelers, is a crime.

And yes, why does anyone listen to what a disgraced, adulterous political hack like Newtie has to say?

actsnoblemartin
05-18-2010, 06:55 AM
what makes a political hack, id like to see that definition :)

Gaffer
05-18-2010, 07:56 AM
The facts are thus...

During her term as Dean of Harvard Law School, Harvard law students had access to military recruiters, either through Harvard's Office of Career Services or through the Harvard Law School Veterans Association. Recruitment during her tenure either equaled or exceeded that of previous years at Harvard.

Newtie failed to make even the feeblest attempt to get his facts straight before running off at the mouth. That make him a liar. The simple fact of the matter is that the GOP has no other straw to grasp at, so they...and their slavish followers...grasp at this straw like a drowning man for something, anything, to keep their heads above water.

That you, Chloe, so readily believe this pap without making any attempt to verify its trustworthiness speaks volumes about your own paucity of intellectual rigor and critical thinking skills. Naive ignorance can be understood, even forgiven. Willful ignorance, such as that displayed by you and your fellow travelers, is a crime.

And yes, why does anyone listen to what a disgraced, adulterous political hack like Newtie has to say?

Willful ignorance is exactly what you display repeatedly on this board. You don't like the message then say why and give examples of why. I know you didn't even listen to what newt said. That's a 30 minute speech and you wouldn't take the time. So instead you make personal attacks against people, because you can't argue against the message. Very typical of you in all your posts. I haven't called you comrade bully for nothing. Your just part of a big propaganda machine. A useful idiot that blindly follows your dear leader.

The dark lord has simply put another communist on SC. That's what we have here. You can flower it up with names and titles but it always boils down to a prime number.

So crawl back under your rock until the next intelligent speaker comes out with something you have to try to smear. Don't like what's said, read it and give an example why you think its bad. Don't go after the poster.

Gaffer
05-18-2010, 07:59 AM

Comrade bully is a prime example of a political hack Martin. Lies and no substance and personal attacks against the posters.

chloe
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
WASHINGTON — Elena Kagan is no ivory-tower peacenik.
Judging by her own words, the Supreme Court nominee held the armed forces in high regard during her tenure as Harvard Law School dean. She had one beef with the institution, a big one: its "repugnant" prohibition on openly gay service members.

If anything, the record shows Kagan defended Harvard's conditions for on-campus military recruitment with less than a full-throated roar.

When her school risked losing federal money because of its policy, she caved.

At issue is a Harvard policy from 1979 denying the use of its career-placement center to organizations that discriminate in their recruitment. The armed forces discriminate against openly gay members. Harvard's on-and-off compromise has been to allow a student veterans group to recruit on the campus without the career center's assistance.

Kagan did not throw military recruiters off campus, as some critics contend. Neither did she extend a full welcome.

Her words were double-edged in a 2003 e-mail to the law school community embracing the value of the armed forces while sharply criticizing the policy against homosexuals: "The importance of the military to our society — and the extraordinary service that members of the military provide to all the rest of us — makes this discrimination more, not less, repugnant."

THE FACTS: Harvard's policy began before she came to the school; she amended it according to changing circumstances as well as her own beliefs. At no point did she defy a court decision that would have placed her "not in compliance with the law."

Harvard Law School lifted its restrictions in 2002 under pressure from the Bush administration and congressional Republicans who threatened to cut off payments. Kagan decided to continue allowing military recruiters to use services of the campus career office when she became dean in 2003, despite her strenuous objections to the policy on gays.

In 2004, an appeals court ruled that a law enabling the government to withhold the money was unconstitutional. In response, Kagan quickly renewed the ban on recruiters using the campus office while allowing them to work through the veterans group.

Recruiters did not have their own physical space but could still reserve a room on campus for the interviews.

But when the school faced another threat of losing federal financing, she backed down, just as her predecessor had done in 2002. Then in 2006, the Supreme Court unanimously reversed the lower court and found it was constitutional to deny financing to schools that restrict military recruiting.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5itsfgwpwg_Zi9T36J1CWAQgOJX2gD9FP3O9O0

The fact is Kagan is mad at the Military for the Gay ban. She was less then warm to the recruiters over that issue. So she made a political stand about it. If Newt wants to point that fact out, so what ? It is politics and she does have an issue with the Militarys stand on sexual preference. I support gay marriage and gays in the military myself it doesnt bother me.

I don't like evertything about Newt, but then again I have said so many times there is not one single politician that represents every belief or opinion I have. His speech about Obama in the other thread I posted seemed accurate to me.

I think that since Kagan is being nominated for an important position its to be expected that her beliefs and opinions on Military and sexual orientation will be discussed.

The post is Newt's interpretation and opinion of Kagan I thought it newsworthy. :cool:

revelarts
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
This Nomomee Ms Kagen is slippery. not much to get a hold of. but I have to look at like this.
Who's the Guy nominating Her?
Obama what are the legal views of that Ivy league Constitutional professor. Well he's by way of good lips service but poor in every practical test.

Any General Ideas about her politics?
She leans left -hard.

The Things Choles Mentioned put her in 2 lights.
1 Pragmatic, "laws be d*mned we need the money"
2 leftist on homosexuality

So while at this point no one can pin her down she doesn't come across as someone who's prepared to interpret the constitution as the founders intended without fear or favor.

I'm agin her..

HogTrash
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
.....The armed forces discriminate against openly gay members.....
Refusing to accept homosexuality as anything but sick perversion is not discrimination.

This was a well known fact before the sexual revolution when political correctness reared it's ugly head.

bullypulpit
05-18-2010, 09:42 PM

<blockquote>Political hack: a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction. - <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_hack>Wikipedia</a></blockquote>

Also see: <a href=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/16/gingrich-on-kagan-obama-s_n_577808.html>Newt Gingrich</a>

bullypulpit
05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Willful ignorance is exactly what you display repeatedly on this board. You don't like the message then say why and give examples of why. I know you didn't even listen to what newt said. That's a 30 minute speech and you wouldn't take the time. So instead you make personal attacks against people, because you can't argue against the message. Very typical of you in all your posts. I haven't called you comrade bully for nothing. Your just part of a big propaganda machine. A useful idiot that blindly follows your dear leader.

The dark lord has simply put another communist on SC. That's what we have here. You can flower it up with names and titles but it always boils down to a prime number.

So crawl back under your rock until the next intelligent speaker comes out with something you have to try to smear. Don't like what's said, read it and give an example why you think its bad. Don't go after the poster.

:lol:
Ummm...Project much? I think I've asked you that every time you accuse me of your own short comings.

Gaffer
05-19-2010, 08:12 AM
:lol:
Ummm...Project much? I think I've asked you that every time you accuse me of your own short comings.

Yes you never respond or answer questions. You just type "project much". Then leave the thread for a week and return in another one.

The dark lord has nominated a queer lady communist to the SC and your happy about it. She meets your queer agenda. The only good thing about queers is they don't produce offspring.

stephanie
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM

:thumb: