PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

sybarite
05-17-2010, 10:04 PM
By Ed Barnes
FOXNews.com

As controversy surrounds the construction of a 13-story mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero, FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages.

As controversy surrounds the construction of a 13-story mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero, FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages.

The Masjid Mosque has raised $8.5 million and is seeking an additional $2.5 million to begin construction. While it apparently has not settled on a final location, it has told donors it plans to build very close to where 3,000 people were killed in the September 11 terror attacks.

In fact, the website appealing for donations boldly states that it plans to “build the 'House of Allah' next to the World Trade Center. Help us raise the flag of 'LA ILLAH ILLA ALLAH' in downtown Manhattan."

One source said he believed the planners are considering a five-story building on 23 Park Place, closer to Ground Zero than the 13-story mosque the Cordoba Initiative is planning to build. But a tax record search shows that 23 Park Place is in private hands and has not changed owners since 2008.

This is so insensitive to the families who had loved ones die on 9-11. Their website boldly states it wants to "build the house of Allah" next to the site of the World Trade Center? Those sound like fighting words to me!!:no:

darin
05-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Freedom is like that. Good for them.

sybarite
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Freedom is like that. Good for them.

Of course they have the right to build it there, but it's like building a Hilter Memorial next to the National Holocaust Museum. It's disrespectful! The way the website comes across they are trying to make a "thumb their nose" point.

gabosaurus
05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Are you sure this is not something from The Onion? The whole concept, as present in that report, seems way too absurd to be real.

sybarite
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Are you sure this is not something from The Onion? The whole concept, as present in that report, seems way too absurd to be real.

No, it's not from the onion. Here are more links,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ground-mosque-plan-stirs-controversy/story?id=10670631

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/05/17/plan-to-build-mosque-at-ground-zero-angers-new-yorkers/

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/plan-to-build-mosque-near-ground-zero-sparks-controversy_100361487.html

gabosaurus
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow, reality is often stranger (and more idiotic) than reality.
It's like building a KKK headquarters in Compton.

darin
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Of course they have the right to build it there, but it's like building a Hilter Memorial next to the National Holocaust Museum. It's disrespectful! The way the website comes across they are trying to make a "thumb their nose" point.

Absolutely it's not like that to me. It's about Religious Freedom - even if it hurts somebody's feelings or senses....I support them as much as the God Hates Fags, or racist groups like KKK or Jesse Jackson and his ilk.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2010, 12:35 AM
I think it's shameful. :mad: Build it somewhere else. What if they built it on the Pennsylvania field where the 9/11 hijacked plane went down. Is that ok too?

SassyLady
05-19-2010, 01:16 AM
OK - this is taking diversity and inclusion way too far in my opinion.

darin
05-19-2010, 06:27 AM
...freedom.

Gaffer
05-19-2010, 07:08 AM
...freedom.

I don't consider it a religion. It's a cult. A mosque is just a place to recruit, plan and orchestra more attacks on the US.

They are free to worship as they chose. They are not free to promote terrorism, and build something to thumb their nose at the rest of us. It's a recruitment tool and I will lay you odds it financed by saudi arabia.

HogTrash
05-19-2010, 07:39 AM
I wonder if Obama will be at the Groundbreaking ceremony with his shovel in hand and at the Grand Opening with his scissors to cut the ribbon?

The ground zero mosque is nothing more than another well planned assault on America and Obama enjoys rubbing our faces in any insult to this nation.

darin
05-19-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't consider it a religion. It's a cult. A mosque is just a place to recruit, plan and orchestra more attacks on the US.

They are free to worship as they chose. They are not free to promote terrorism, and build something to thumb their nose at the rest of us. It's a recruitment tool and I will lay you odds it financed by saudi arabia.

They aren't guilty of promoting terrorism - the folks who wish to build their place of worship. Freedom or Tyranny. Those are our choices.

HogTrash
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Wow, reality is often stranger (and more idiotic) than reality.
It's like building a KKK headquarters in Compton.Hmmm?...Very interesting observation, Gabby?

Scenerio #1 - The KKK is preparing to open it's headquarters in Compton as angry protester gather in the streets while every media outlet in America and around the world are there reporting the murderous history of the Klan and praising the courage and conviction of the brave protesters who risk their lives to be there today to prevent these evil white racists from building their temple of hate in their community.

Scenerio #2 - Islam is making preparations to build a mosque near Ground Zero as a group of America protesters carry signs and voice their concerns about such an arrogant display of insensitivity as American journalist reports to the world that these are simply a religious group exercisizing their American right to freedom of religion and how the protesters are nothing more than racists and xenophobes, driven by hate.

Sound about right? :dunno:

Gaffer
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
They aren't guilty of promoting terrorism - the folks who wish to build their place of worship. Freedom or Tyranny. Those are our choices.

islam represents tyranny under the guise of religion. They are not building a place of worship, its a recruitment project. And they will use the victim card to get people to support them by claiming religious intolerance.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Hmmm?...Very interesting observation, Gabby?

Scenerio #1 - The KKK is preparing to open it's headquarters in Compton as angry protester gather in the streets while every media outlet in America and around the world are there reporting the murderous history of the Klan and praising the courage and conviction of the brave protesters who risk their lives to be there today to prevent these evil white racists from building their temple of hate in their community.

Scenerio #2 - Islam is making preparations to build a mosque near Ground Zero as a group of America protesters carry signs and voice their concerns about such an arrogant display of insensitivity as American journalist reports to the world that these are simply a religious group exercisizing their American right to freedom of religion and how the protesters are nothing more than racists and xenophobes, driven by hate.

Sound about right? :dunno:

Yup. Sounds exactly like how that would play out. :(:mad:

05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
A second one. Wow. They are really going for the insensitivity there.

I agree with DMP though. They have freedom of religion and speech. Even if i don't think it's in good tastes at all.

darin
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
islam represents tyranny under the guise of religion. They are not building a place of worship, its a recruitment project. And they will use the victim card to get people to support them by claiming religious intolerance.

Just struck me - going to change your quote a bit, because it's true of other groups:

Liberalism represents tyranny under the guise of politics. They are not building a platform from which to honestly and justly govern, its a recruitment project. And they will enslave their victims; getting people to support them by claiming moral superiority.

Gaffer
05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Just struck me - going to change your quote a bit, because it's true of other groups:

While I agree, liberalism is not disguising itself as a religion. Liberals also believe they can placate islam and that's its not a major threat in anyway. They are both just as dangerous to our freedoms.

LuvRPgrl
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Absolutely it's not like that to me. It's about Religious Freedom - even if it hurts somebody's feelings or senses....I support them as much as the God Hates Fags, or racist groups like KKK or Jesse Jackson and his ilk.

I disagree.

I support their LEGAL right to do it,
but I also support the right of the local community to hound someone out if they want to.
I would do whatever I could to displace them

But in actuality, it really does speak of the freedoms we have in this country, so in essence they are promoting our values and not theirs.

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I agree with abbey, i say no

I think it's shameful. :mad: Build it somewhere else. What if they built it on the Pennsylvania field where the 9/11 hijacked plane went down. Is that ok too?

Binky
05-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I wonder if Obama will be at the Groundbreaking ceremony with his shovel in hand and at the Grand Opening with his scissors to cut the ribbon?

The ground zero mosque is nothing more than another well planned assault on America and Obama enjoys rubbing our faces in any insult to this nation.

It seems like a huge slap in the face to me......Like "we can build it where we want...you can't stop us...." I find it all not only digusting, but disturbing.... What a mess the world is becoming.

darin
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
But in actuality, it really does speak of the freedoms we have in this country, so in essence they are promoting our values and not theirs.

absolutely.

Binky
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM

Why did they choose that location? Wasn't there any others that would have offered enough space etc.? If not, then maybe they should have rewritten their plans and downsized it a bit...... There is such a thing as "doing something in good taste," and building it in that spot is in very poor taste........Common sense should've prevailed when thinking up their plans.

LuvRPgrl
05-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Why did they choose that location? Wasn't there any others that would have offered enough space etc.? If not, then maybe they should have rewritten their plans and downsized it a bit...... There is such a thing as "doing something in good taste," and building it in that spot is in very poor taste........Common sense should've prevailed when thinking up their plans.

Common sense and good taste when discussing Muslims??
hahhahahha

They dont shower, so I doubt they taste good

and common sense, even their symbol is a lie, think about it, the star is located behind the dark side of the moon where it reality it wouldnt be visible, very symbolic

Binky
05-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Common sense and good taste when discussing Muslims??
hahhahahha

They dont shower, so I doubt they taste good

and common sense, even their symbol is a lie, think about it, the star is located behind the dark side of the moon where it reality it wouldnt be visible, very symbolic

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure the ones that have the smarts and money to plan this out and build it have taken baths periodically. And I do agree with you.. Islam is at war with christianity. It is filled with radicals. So I suppose we should expect no less considering the values they have placed on human life.

CSM
05-20-2010, 06:02 AM
I have been following this discussion for the past few days now and trying to determine exactly how I feel about the situation. In the end, I have to side with those who assert that it is about the freedoms garaunteed to us by the Constitution. Tasteless, insensitive and all that, for sure, but a freedom nevertheless. If we as a people deny the rights of an individual or group based on personal feelings, it wont be long before others deny us our rights for the same reason. We are either a nation of laws applied equally to all CITIZENS or we are not. If we are not, then liberty, freedom and democracy are mythical ideals at best.

HogTrash
05-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I have been following this discussion for the past few days now and trying to determine exactly how I feel about the situation. In the end, I have to side with those who assert that it is about the freedoms garaunteed to us by the Constitution. Tasteless, insensitive and all that, for sure, but a freedom nevertheless. If we as a people deny the rights of an individual or group based on personal feelings, it wont be long before others deny us our rights for the same reason. We are either a nation of laws applied equally to all CITIZENS or we are not. If we are not, then liberty, freedom and democracy are mythical ideals at best.I agree, but sadly our constitutional tolerance rarely applies to individuals, groups and religions that are not under the protection of Political Correctness.

sybarite
05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
It seems like a huge slap in the face to me......Like "we can build it where we want...you can't stop us...." I find it all not only digusting, but disturbing.... What a mess the world is becoming.

Rosemary Cain of Massapequa, L.I., whose son, Firefighter George Cain, 35, was killed in the 2001 attacks, called the project a "slap in the face."

"I think it's despicable. That's sacred ground," said Cain, who also did not attend the meeting.

"How could anybody give them permission to build a mosque there? It tarnishes the area."

Nobody is disputing the fact that they have the right to build there, HOWEVER, I stand by what i said before, this is insensitive and the Muslims who are building this are smirking behind their Jihad masks! Who could not think this would not be offensive to the victims and the victim's families of 9-11?

SassyLady
05-21-2010, 03:18 AM

There is nothing preventing them from building a place of worship someplace else. There is no reason for them to build a mosque at Ground Zero. This isn't about a choice between Freedom or Tyranny, it's just an exercise in poor taste.

CSM
05-21-2010, 05:25 AM
There is nothing preventing them from building a place of worship someplace else. There is no reason for them to build a mosque at Ground Zero. This isn't about a choice between Freedom or Tyranny, it's just an exercise in poor taste.

I have no doubt that the choice of site is intentional. It is indeed a slap in the face. Having said that, unless there is some legal grounds for denying the project, there is little chance it will be stopped. I seriously doubt the Muslims involved care one wit about our sensitivities.

DragonStryk72
05-21-2010, 05:43 AM
It isn't necessarily a slap in the face, or any other sort of attempt to be a shit about it. *sigh* the problem is, we got attacked by people claiming their religion as a reasoning for the attack, and so we associate the entire religion with those attackers. They could legitimately be trying to improve the view people have of muslims these days, and make themselves more welcoming, but everyone's pretty much still acting like every muslim in the world is part of the plot.

Before anyone gets on me, Christianity has done far worse in its time than the junior leaguers in the terrorist factions have ever done. If we're going to judge every group by the worst example, then nobody gets to build anything every again, because I know of absolutely no religion that currently has no one taking it to a horrible, hate-filled place. People looking to hate will find an excuse to hate. It's really just that simple in the end.

And speaking separately as someone who nearly became an only child on 9/11 to people in general, get the fuck over it. There is no reason to still hold on to this much hate, and the only thing it is doing is making you more like the ones you preach again, and they think they're right, too.

Abbey Marie
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Wow, there are so many things about the last post that I loathe, I can't even bring myself to respond. So I will just leave it at that.

Binky
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Rosemary Cain of Massapequa, L.I., whose son, Firefighter George Cain, 35, was killed in the 2001 attacks, called the project a "slap in the face."

"I think it's despicable. That's sacred ground," said Cain, who also did not attend the meeting.

"How could anybody give them permission to build a mosque there? It tarnishes the area."

Nobody is disputing the fact that they have the right to build there, HOWEVER, I stand by what i said before, this is insensitive and the Muslims who are building this are smirking behind their Jihad masks! Who could not think this would not be offensive to the victims and the victim's families of 9-11?

Heck, as an American, even tho' I was not a victim, per se, or a family member of one, I find it very offensive.....

Binky
05-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I have no doubt that the choice of site is intentional. It is indeed a slap in the face. Having said that, unless there is some legal grounds for denying the project, there is little chance it will be stopped. I seriously doubt the Muslims involved care one wit about our sensitivities.

You can bet they are above all that and building it in that location is a snub at Americans.....

SassyLady
05-21-2010, 02:00 PM

Exactly!

Why do we put so much effort into caring about their sensitivities?

SassyLady
05-21-2010, 02:09 PM
It isn't necessarily a slap in the face, or any other sort of attempt to be a shit about it. *sigh* the problem is, we got attacked by people claiming their religion as a reasoning for the attack, and so we associate the entire religion with those attackers. They could legitimately be trying to improve the view people have of muslims these days, and make themselves more welcoming, but everyone's pretty much still acting like every muslim in the world is part of the plot.

Erecting a mosque at ground zero is not helping people affected by the 9/11 attack get past it....it will be a constant reminder that the towers are no longer there, but a mosque, a representation of the people who caused the attack, will be there instead. How is that supposed to heal the wound? How will it "legitimately improve the view people have of muslims"?

Before anyone gets on me, Christianity has done far worse in its time than the junior leaguers in the terrorist factions have ever done. If we're going to judge every group by the worst example, then nobody gets to build anything every again, because I know of absolutely no religion that currently has no one taking it to a horrible, hate-filled place. People looking to hate will find an excuse to hate. It's really just that simple in the end.

You are correct.....however, two wrongs do not make a right.

And speaking separately as someone who nearly became an only child on 9/11 to people in general, get the fuck over it. There is no reason to still hold on to this much hate, and the only thing it is doing is making you more like the ones you preach again, and they think they're right, too.

Disapproving of an ill conceived idea does not equate to "hate".

-Cp
05-21-2010, 02:19 PM

How do you figure?

It's not as of Allah (God) or these people had anything to do with 9/11 - get over it.. .really..

Abbey Marie
05-21-2010, 04:45 PM
How do you figure?

It's not as of Allah (God) or these people had anything to do with 9/11 - get over it.. .really..

How do you know that "these people" had nothing to do with it, or wouldn't indeed plan something similar if given half a chance? It is well-known that Islamic terrorists hide behind (and even in), mosques. British and other European intelligence regularly keep track of Imans. Regardless, the placement is shocking and unnecessary.

I am wondering, why the rush to defend? Why must the people against it be the ones to "get over it"? How about those who feel the need to defend the building location? Perhaps you should get over it.

sybarite
05-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I lost someone very near and dear to me on Flight 93, so I guess you will have to forgive me if I don't "just get over it." No one really knows what Imans are working on the inside, and may be planning another attack. It's thoughts like that which will go through the victim's families minds when they visit ground zero and see a huge mosque looming there. It was in the name of Allah that their loved ones are gone. They should not have to be reminded of that when they pay their respects at ground zero.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/snowridergo/2mecdz.jpg

LuvRPgrl
05-22-2010, 01:44 AM

Funny, on one hand you dredge up Christian behavior from hundreds of years ago, then tell us to "get over it" on something the Muslims did less than a decade ago.

To say "get the fuck over it" means you have never lost someone in a tragedy, or you are just an inhuman insensitive moron.

As for Christianity having done far worse,, it hasnt. Muslims and Christians have been going at it for a long time, but several hundred years ago the Christians began coming out of the dark ages of religion, and it is Christianity that built the greatest and most free society EVER.

The old arguement of bringing up the Inquisition is second grade debate material

Lastly, the difference also is that Christians stood up to what the violent extreme so called Christians have done, but Muslims, as a group, have not denounced what the terrorists did on 9/11 and they have been mostly silent for a decade now, and its a FACT that mosques are used to recruit terrorists,

so my final word to you is, "shut the fuck up"

LuvRPgrl
05-22-2010, 01:46 AM
How do you know that "these people" had nothing to do with it, or wouldn't indeed plan something similar if given half a chance? It is well-known that Islamic terrorists hide behind (and even in), mosques. British and other European intelligence regularly keep track of Imans. Regardless, the placement is shocking and unnecessary.

I am wondering, why the rush to defend? Why must the people against it be the ones to "get over it"? How about those who feel the need to defend the building location? Perhaps you should get over it.

Yea, and we should go ask those people if its ok if we go build some Christian churches in parts of their native countries, hell, build a church? They wont even let you practice your religion, OR THEY KEEEL you