PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Senate candidate lied about serving in Vietnam

namvet
05-18-2010, 10:35 AM
they all want to be war heros

Not just any Democratic Senate candidate, either. It’s Richard Blumenthal, current attorney general of Connecticut, whom Chris Dodd made way for by retiring earlier this year. He’s been leading all Republican challengers by upwards of 20 points in the polls and was considered a mortal lock to win the seat in November. Until now.
Follow the link for the full background of his military history. The five deferments aren’t the problem. This is the problem:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/17/bombshell-democratic-senate-candidate-lied-about-serving-in-vietnam/

HogTrash
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
I also believe John Kerry's Vietnam tour of duty was for the most part manufactered.

He may have been in-country, but from testimonials I have heard and read, his service was bogus.

He was kept safely guarded and brought into secured areas for photo-ops only when the fighting was over.

namvet
05-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I helped swift boat his ass. he didn't really wanna go. the kennedy's told him to. get the medals if you want to run for prez

hjmick
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
This douchebag is going to hold a presser and attempt to explain himself.

namvet
05-18-2010, 11:55 AM
like to see his 214. but i don't think there public

Trigg
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
He's a politician, if his lips are moving chances are he's lying about something

hjmick
05-18-2010, 03:41 PM
His presser was pathetic.

LiberalNation
05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
lame.

gabosaurus
05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
He said "I served in Vietnam" instead of "I served during Vietnam." Yeah, that is certainly a career killer.
As for the matter of deferments, didn't seem to hurt Dick Cheney any. At least the guy didn't tell the media that he had better things to do than go to Vietnam.

HogTrash
05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Richard Blumenthal and the Marines who stood with him at the podium while he shamelessly lied are a disgrace to the Corps.

LuvRPgrl
05-18-2010, 07:18 PM
He said "I served in Vietnam" instead of "I served during Vietnam." Yeah, that is certainly a career killer.
As for the matter of deferments, didn't seem to hurt Dick Cheney any. At least the guy didn't tell the media that he had better things to do than go to Vietnam.

The delusionalism of you liberals knows no bounds.

At a veterans event in Shelton, Conn., for example, he said, "When we returned from Vietnam, I remember the taunts, the verbal and even physical abuse we encountered," according to a 2008 Connecticut Post story.

OK gabby, start squirming

Then there is this:
And Connecticut Democratic chairwoman Nancy DiNardo called the accusations "the lowest kind of political smear."

So, Lieing about military service is ok, and calling him on that lie is wrong.
George Orwell, where are you?

If I ever see that woman or any of her ilk in person, I would love to bitch slap them, they simply make me sick

dougreese
05-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I also believe John Kerry's Vietnam tour of duty was for the most part manufactered.

He may have been in-country, but from testimonials I have heard and read, his service was bogus.

He was kept safely guarded and brought into secured areas for photo-ops only when the fighting was over.

You forgot the smiley thingy, as surely you aren't serious. . . . are you? I mean, the "safely guarded" bit isn't even something the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" have claimed, as it is flat out false.

Doug Reese