PDA

View Full Version : Describe your job, or what you do

gabosaurus
05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I know we have had these threads in the past, but DP has many new members now.
I always feel I know my fellow posters better if I know a little bit about them. Everyone has a place in society, whether they work, take care of their kids or are enjoying retirement.

I work as a secondary school counselor. It's never about my views. It's about understanding. Kids between the ages of 13 and 18 have their own set of problems. Everything from broken hearts to suicidal feelings.
I worked in an underperforming and underfunded school district. A lot of single-parent homes. Last time I check, our population was 24 percent Anglo. So you need a lot of patience and understanding to reach out to those with different backgrounds.

Trinity
05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
I'll bite.....

I do service support for an identity protection company. Basically that means I troubleshoot issues members are having with our site, 9 times out of 10 it's not the site that is having the problems, but the user that can't seem to follow simple directions.

The one thing I have come to realize over the past 8 months is no wonder our government is so screwed up. I think 75% of the government employees that were part of a breech and are now members of our site have got to be some of the dumbest people I have ever spoken to.

If your personal information has been compromised, why when enrolling in identity protection would you list your home number as all zero's. So when you get alerts about possible changes you have now gotten alerts for every single person in the world who has information available and has there home number listed as 000-000-0000. Leave the field blank!!!

And also anyone else could get your information with your home phone listed like that.

hjmick
05-18-2010, 05:55 PM
No.

Trinity
05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
No.

I do bite though,:laugh2: so watch it.....

hjmick
05-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I do bite though,:laugh2: so watch it.....

Nothing wrong with biting, depending on the pressure applied...

darin
05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm an overpaid doofus government employee :)

Mr. P
05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Last month I was a Hit Man.

This month I'm a BUM. :)

SassyLady
05-19-2010, 02:07 AM
I know we have had these threads in the past, but DP has many new members now.
I always feel I know my fellow posters better if I know a little bit about them. Everyone has a place in society, whether they work, take care of their kids or are enjoying retirement.

I work as a secondary school counselor. It's never about my views. It's about understanding. Kids between the ages of 13 and 18 have their own set of problems. Everything from broken hearts to suicidal feelings.
I worked in an underperforming and underfunded school district. A lot of single-parent homes. Last time I check, our population was 24 percent Anglo. So you need a lot of patience and understanding to reach out to those with different backgrounds.

Jobs:

1. Wife
2. Mother
3. Grandmother
4. Friend
5. Sister
6. Got fired from being a daughter a long time ago, but picked up being a daughter-in-law (which is easier BTW)
7. Pet owner
8. Tax payer
9. Volunteer
10. Working on position of "retired"

No, seriously....I have three businesses right now.

1. ACN Rep (MLM)
2. The Trump Network Rep (MLM)
3. Personal, Business and Executive Coach

I work with people who want to be better .... at everything they do.