PDA

View Full Version : You Cut.....We vote on programs we want to eliminate from the fed. budget.

Binky
05-21-2010, 01:19 PM
You may have to type in what you're looking for. I've just voted to eliminate pay raises....Pretty cool actually.....

Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut
It allows you to vote, both online and on your cell phone, on spending cuts ... to learn more about our first week's winning item, a $2.5 billion spending cut. ... After you vote on this week's choices, we need your help in identifying ...
republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

SassyLady
05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
You may have to type in what you're looking for. I've just voted to eliminate pay raises....Pretty cool actually.....

Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut
It allows you to vote, both online and on your cell phone, on spending cuts ... to learn more about our first week's winning item, a $2.5 billion spending cut. ... After you vote on this week's choices, we need your help in identifying ...
republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

Did you text or email? And, do you think they are capturing your personal information for future telemarketing or fundraising purposes?

I like the concept of letting them know what we think they should cut. I want them to cut everything that is on the proposed list. Are we allowed to chose more than one? If I can only vote for one it would be to eliminate the pay raise....it saves the most money for taxpayers.

Binky
05-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Did you text or email? And, do you think they are capturing your personal information for future telemarketing or fundraising purposes?

I like the concept of letting them know what we think they should cut. I want them to cut everything that is on the proposed list. Are we allowed to chose more than one? If I can only vote for one it would be to eliminate the pay raise....it saves the most money for taxpayers.

There was a button that said vote, so I did....:laugh2: I believe only one at a time and the choices will change periodically. It says all about it in a vid, but I can't remember for sure... I guess once votes are collected they take the one with the most and present it to congress for reviewing for possible elimination. It's what the people are wanting. Some interaction with the gov't. This could be a good start...

A poster on another site told me Eric Cantor was a nut job....I wrote back and said, "he has loads of company so he should never get lonely...." :laugh2:

SassyLady
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
There was a button that said vote, so I did....:laugh2: I believe only one at a time and the choices will change periodically. It says all about it in a vid, but I can't remember for sure... I guess once votes are collected they take the one with the most and present it to congress for reviewing for possible elimination. It's what the people are wanting. Some interaction with the gov't. This could be a good start...

A poster on another site told me Eric Cantor was a nut job....I wrote back and said, "he has loads of company so he should never get lonely...." :laugh2:

There are politicians who are already saying that it's not a valid system because Osama Bin Laden could be one of the voters! Anyway, I thought it was a good way to let them know what the public thinks!

Binky
05-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, there are always those that will talk against it. It's a good way to let people have some sort of say in where to spend their money..... Actually, I'm sure they already have a good idea as to what the public thinks with emails flyin' to representives. They just have chosen to ignore them. But with the economy so bad statewide, people are complaining even more and the powers that be can no longer afford the luxury of turning a deaf ear.....