PDA

View Full Version : AP Investigation: Texas man faked way into Army

82Marine89
05-22-2010, 12:23 PM
FORT WORTH, Texas – A Texas man with no military experience tricked the Army into letting him enter a reserve unit as a noncommissioned officer earlier this year, a deception that placed an untrained soldier in a leadership position in a time of war, an Associated Press investigation has found.

The revelation comes just months after the Army drew criticism for failing to flag the suspicious activities of the Army psychiatrist now charged with killing 13 and wounding dozens of others at Fort Hood.

The case, detailed in court records and other documents examined by the AP, raises more questions about the Army's ability to vet soldiers' backgrounds as it faces continued pressure from Congress over its screening and records system. While the soldier never deployed overseas, some say the case demonstrates how easily someone could pose as a member of the U.S. military.

Jesse Bernard Johnston III, 26, joined the Army Reserve in February as a sergeant and was assigned to the Corps Support Airplane Company based at the Fort Worth Naval Air Station. But he wasn't qualified to hold that rank, according to military records obtained by the AP. The records show that Johnston's only military experience was attending part of a 12-week Marine officer candidate course for college students in 2004.

Read more about the poser here.... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_army_infiltrator)

I searched him on AKO and this is what I found...

Basic Info
Full Name: Jesse B. Johnston
Service: Army
Organization: Corps Support Airplane Co
Account Type: Army Reserve

Contact Info
Phone: 817-782-XXXX
Email: jesse.b.johnston@us.army.mil
Address: XXXX Boyington Road, Fort Worth, TX 76127

I edited his phone # and address.