PDA

View Full Version : Irrefutable proof of Intelligent Design...

darin
05-23-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-34929-Manhattan-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m5d20-US-scientists-create-the-first-artificial-life

This is the point where all the stories about Google spying on us or using photo recognition software pale.This is where science fiction and science fact merge in a dazzling and potentially frightening way.
Scientists under the supervision of Dr. Craig Venter of the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) in Maryland and California announced today that they have developed the first synthetic living cell. The research team managed to construct a bacterium's "genetic software" and transplant it into a host cell which then took on the appearance and behavior of the synthetic DNA.
The ultimate stated goal of JCVI is to design bacterial cells that will produce medicines and fuels and possibly even absorb greenhouse gases. Yet, critics caution that that synthetic organisms pose dangers. Dr. Helen Wallace of Genewatch UK, a watchdog group that monitors developments in genetic technologies, is reported by BBC News as have stated that the the release of "new organisms into the environment, ... can do more harm than good. By releasing them into areas of pollution," she added, "you're actually releasing a new kind of pollution.We don't know how these organisms will behave in the environment."
An even more dramatic doomsday scenario was spelled out by Prof. Julian Savulescu, of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, who noted that "These [artificial life forms] could be used in the future to make the most powerful bioweapons imaginable. The challenge is to eat the fruit without the worm."
This much seems certain: We are entering a new phase in the generation of life. Where we go from here is a chapter yet to be written.

See folks - Life takes 'design' - it does not happen magically or spontaneously given 'time' and 'heat' or whatever the hell Macro Evolutionists pretend really works.

:)

Where there is a design, there is a designer.

Missileman
05-23-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-34929-Manhattan-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m5d20-US-scientists-create-the-first-artificial-life

See folks - Life takes 'design' - it does not happen magically or spontaneously given 'time' and 'heat' or whatever the hell Macro Evolutionists pretend really works.

Magically falls under the creationist's realm. It kinda leaves your deity out in the cold if we, as lowly as we are, can create life...sorry bout that. :poke:

darin
05-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Magically falls under the creationist's realm. It kinda leaves your deity out in the cold if we, as lowly as we are, can create life...sorry bout that. :poke:

Hrm...so....you consider "somebody" following a specific and purposeful design to be 'magic' - but life simply popping into existence from 'non-life' to be science?

Can't you see how ass-backwards that is?

82Marine89
05-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Don't you need to believe in God in order for the concept of 'Creationism' to have any meaning?

revelarts
05-23-2010, 05:15 PM

As Far as Magically goes. It seems that really falls on both sides of the creation evolution debate. the evolutionist simply like to use euphemisms to hide the "magic". For instance "Cambrian Explosion" = Life just exploded in all directions for no known reason and from nowhere it's called magi.. ur um .I mean.. Evolution. Another is "Punctuated Equilibrium" see Cambrian Explosion and my favorite science equals magic term "SINGULARITY" which is the scientific word sometimes used for the begining of all time, when the void (without reason or forethought or information that any has a chance of ascertaining) decided to create the universe. Presto Chango, Void infinite nothingness, perhaps compressed unthinking everythingness from nowhere.
Da daaa Universe! the unthinking void takes a bow. and leaves the stage. we can't explain it or have any facts to corroborate it for NOW... it but .... um it's that's the scientific explanation for how it all got started.

Venter and crew Had to use "life" as a base to do there work they basically made a truck out of a car using a perfectly good car as a base.

There's a joke about Man creating life.

Human Scientist had finally reached the height of their creative genius and created a fully functionally man.
They were ecstatic and proud and decided give God a call and ask him to come over and see what they've done.
God comes down and the scientist say, "God we've done it we are just as good as you, we can make man just like you can."
God says , "Really? let me see you do it."
the Scientist say, "sure. OK 1st we take a little dirt like you did and.."
God says, "Hold it... wait a minute. "
the Scientist say, "what whats wrong?"
God says, "Get your own dirt."

darin
05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Don't you need to believe in God in order for the concept of 'Creationism' to have any meaning?

Am talking about Intelligent Design. Not necessarily creationism. But they over-lap at times.

And honestly, one's belief in God has nothing to do with the fact of God's existence, make sense?

Missileman
05-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Hrm...so....you consider "somebody" following a specific and purposeful design to be 'magic' - but life simply popping into existence from 'non-life' to be science?

Can't you see how ass-backwards that is?

Magic, involving the supernatural, as opposed to non-magical, occurring through natural processes. If I create an ice cube, it doesn't infer that all square shaped pieces of ice are created.

darin
05-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Magic, involving the supernatural, as opposed to non-magical, occurring through natural processes. If I create an ice cube, it doesn't infer that all square shaped pieces of ice are created.

Again - you believe life 'magically' just sorta...appeared. There's no science there. There's not even logic or common sense there, as far as I'm concerned.

Your problem with truth is this: You don't want truth - you want an explanation that agrees with your preconceptions about God. :-/

PostmodernProphet
05-23-2010, 05:44 PM

let us know if you ever actually succeed in that, will ya?.....

these folks still have a long way to go...

and transplant it into a host cell

all they've done so far is a transplant.....

OldMercsRule
05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
The true believers of evolution on this particular forum are much more uptight then the folks who either accept the possibility, (or as myself: believe in) ID.

Kinda reminds one of the conduct of people during the Spanish Inquisition. :D:D

They do hand stands with language and special theories, (that are not functional theories), with fancy scientific sounding names and look down their noses at other non believers in evolution (who may accept elements of the theory as I do), and hide behind what they deny is their very own religion. :eek:

Bottom line: The Big Bang sure looks like a creation event to a feller with only one functional brain cell. All things cum from a teeeeeneeeee weeeeeeeneeeeee singularity in the middle of nothing.

Hard to not call the orbital satellite telescopes and fancy measuring devices and all the physics n' heavy math non scientific either. :D:D

Missileman
05-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Again - you believe life 'magically' just sorta...appeared. There's no science there. There's not even logic or common sense there, as far as I'm concerned.

Your problem with truth is this: You don't want truth - you want an explanation that agrees with your preconceptions about God. :-/

You drag your god out for us ALL to see and you can establish the truth...until then, my truth and your truth are at worst, equal competitors.

Your problem with the truth is this: You don't care what the truth is, you just make up explanations that fit your preconceptions about god.

82Marine89
05-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Am talking about Intelligent Design. Not necessarily creationism. But they over-lap at times.

And honestly, one's belief in God has nothing to do with the fact of God's existence, make sense?

Intelligent Design I'll concede. There is no saying who or what put us on this planet.

God and His existence? Again if you have no belief in Him then there is nothing to use as a reference for the fact of His existence. he only exists to those who have a belief in Him.

pete311
07-17-2010, 06:22 AM
whatever the hell Macro Evolutionists pretend really works.

There is no such things as macro evolution.

Real scientists don't think life "simply popped" into existence. You just made that up in your head.

PostmodernProphet
07-17-2010, 07:23 AM
There is no such things as macro evolution.

I agree.....though most seculars still claim there is.....

PostmodernProphet
07-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Real scientists don't think life "simply popped" into existence. You just made that up in your head.

that's precisely what is argued in abiogenesis.....one day some inert chemicals became "life" and it's been evolving ever since.....

pete311
07-18-2010, 03:36 AM
that's precisely what is argued in abiogenesis.....one day some inert chemicals became "life" and it's been evolving ever since.....

of course when you dumb it down like that to a first grade level it sounds goofy, but the more complex analysis is out there and to have a possible model is a lot more compelling than to take the easy way out and claim "well i don't know, so god must have done it"

PostmodernProphet
07-18-2010, 07:26 AM
of course when you dumb it down like that to a first grade level it sounds goofy, but the more complex analysis is out there and to have a possible model is a lot more compelling than to take the easy way out and claim "well i don't know, so god must have done it"

lol.....I didn't "dumb it down"....in real life it's even dumber....I like the part about "easy way out", because I have to admit, it IS easier to believe that the universe was designed than to believe "shit just happens" resulted in the amazing creation we see around us......seculars on the other hand have to labor lifetimes just to come up with an alternative that is less satisfactory and looks "dumbed down".........

Sweetchuck
07-18-2010, 08:10 AM
The only thing better than religious wackos are the atheist wackos.

I never understood the need for these two ends of the spectrum to want to jam their beliefs down everyone's throat. As far as I'm concerned, they can drop all of these insecure pinheads off on a fucking island along with crates of metal baseball bats.

(de ja vue?)

pete311
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
lol.....I didn't "dumb it down"....in real life it's even dumber....I like the part about "easy way out", because I have to admit, it IS easier to believe that the universe was designed than to believe "shit just happens" resulted in the amazing creation we see around us......seculars on the other hand have to labor lifetimes just to come up with an alternative that is less satisfactory and looks "dumbed down".........

have you taken a graduate level biology or chemistry course?

darin
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM

You change the subject a lot.

PostmodernProphet
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM

no, though I have taken graduate level courses in philosophy, theology, jurisprudence, ethics, and history......I have a juris doctorate and a masters in theology......

I am also sufficiently versed in both logic and research capabilities.....and have posed questions on this issue that are both accurate and unanswered by you......

any further questions?......

pete311
07-28-2010, 12:59 AM

life is able to be designed, and this proves it need not be god as the designer

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2010, 06:48 AM
life is able to be designed, and this proves it need not be god as the designer

uhhh.....wouldn't any one capable of designing life be "god" by default?.....

pete311
07-28-2010, 08:21 AM
uhhh.....wouldn't any one capable of designing life be "god" by default?.....

no?

btw, i'm MIA for the next few days