PDA

View Full Version : We aren't perfect. So what?

Abbey Marie
05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, there are Christians who aren't perfect. And I know exactly how many: ALL OF US. In fact, that truth is covered pretty extensively in the Bible. That is precisely WHY Jesus was born, died and was resurrected, no?

Isn't it time we joined together and acknowledged the basic, resounding tenets of our faith? Instead of pointing out how certain people are hypocritical? If you know someone who is, in your opinion, living a hypocritical or non- Biblical life, and it bugs you enough, speak to them privately. If it is an entire church, speak to the pastor. But for God's sake (literally) please let's stop throwing out the baby with the bath water.

When I became unhappy with our church, when I saw posturing and grew tired of the Christian lingo, as I call it, I moved on and found a church that I thought had a better spirit. That better served my needs. But perhaps I was the one who had changed, who knows? What I did not do was badmouth my former church or its members, or Christians in general. How arrogant would that have been? How do I even know that the problem isn't really me?

Just as we have all known newly-saved Christians who are super-evangelistic and annoying about it, I am now seeing newly-disillusioned Christians doing the same thing. I am not targeting anyone here. I am just seeing this trend lately, on and off the board of Christians picking apart other Christians/Christianity, and it disturbs me. I really don't want to offend anyone. I had to speak up. Please forgive me if I am out of line.

05-24-2010, 12:00 PM
I've always found it rather odd that Christians are critisized for falling short of their ideals, when the scriptures make it clear that everyone does. I've never bought the excuse that people don't go to Church because everyone is a hypocrite or because they aren't perfect. I mean it's kind of obvious.

crin63
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
As for me, I'm done with discussing religion on here anyway.

The intellectual dishonesty of Evangelicals rivals only the dishonesty of the Obama Administration. It is not legitimate Christianity as far as I am concerned. It rates right up there with Scientology and Christian Science where its all made up as they go along to do whatever their lifestyle dictates without any regard for holiness or The Bible.

What I have seen on here that passes as supposed Christianity is disgraceful and disgusting, its no wonder people reject Christianity as hypocritical. Cursing, fornicating, thieving, drunkard so-called Christians what a disgrace.

I'm done and I'm out of religious discussions. Might as well try to talk logic and reason with a Marxist Liberals as to discuss religious topics with Evangelicals.

SassyLady
05-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, there are Christians who aren't perfect. And I know exactly how many: ALL OF US. In fact, that truth is covered pretty extensively in the Bible. That is precisely WHY Jesus was born, died and was resurrected, no?

Isn't it time we joined together and acknowledged the basic, resounding tenets of our faith? Instead of pointing out how certain people are hypocritical? If you know someone who is, in your opinion, living a hypocritical or non- Biblical life, and it bugs you enough, speak to them privately. If it is an entire church, speak to the pastor. But for God's sake (literally) please let's stop throwing out the baby with the bath water.

When I became unhappy with our church, when I saw posturing and grew tired of the Christian lingo, as I call it, I moved on and found a church that I thought had a better spirit. That better served my needs. But perhaps I was the one who had changed, who knows? What I did not do was badmouth my former church or its members, or Christians in general. How arrogant would that have been? How do I even know that the problem isn't really me?

Just as we have all known newly-saved Christians who are super-evangelistic and annoying about it, I am now seeing newly-disillusioned Christians doing the same thing. I am not targeting anyone here. I am just seeing this trend lately, on and off the board of Christians picking apart other Christians/Christianity, and it disturbs me. I really don't want to offend anyone. I had to speak up. Please forgive me if I am out of line.

My belief is that when we become disillusioned with something we need to look for something else that better fits our needs. I am always looking and even when I think I've found something that works for me there will be times when it exceeds my expectations and scares the hell out of me because it is so "right on" and then the same organization will fall short in another area. I believe that there is no one size fits all when it comes to a belief system.

It is our responsibility to glean, or discern, what is best for us. What supports our internal belief system ..... and embrace it.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
bump

crin63
06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I'll bump this with one comment.

If anyone is ever interested in my religious POV on something send me a PM. The things of God are my favorite subject and I love to talk about it.

darin
06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
What I have seen on here that passes as supposed Christianity is disgraceful and disgusting, its no wonder people reject Christianity as hypocritical. Cursing, fornicating, thieving, drunkard so-called Christians what a disgrace.

CR I like you - I hope you know that...But that coming while having an Avatar showing Obama giving a "Fuck you" sign?

gabosaurus
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Cursing, fornicating, thieving, drunkard so-called Christians what a disgrace.

Fairly hypocritical response from someone who used to be all of the included and more. As someone who is quite far from being without sin, you certainly don't deserve access to any stones.

crin63
06-02-2010, 10:10 AM
CR I like you - I hope you know that...But that coming while having an Avatar showing Obama giving a "Fuck you" sign?

WOW, I didn't even notice that, my apologies for posting it. It looked like he was just holding it and shredding it to me. I am removing it immediately. I'm glad you pointed that out.

crin63
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Fairly hypocritical response from someone who used to be all of the included and more. As someone who is quite far from being without sin, you certainly don't deserve access to any stones.

Yes I did! That was before Christ. I don't do those things any more since Christ. I have let a word slip in a moment of anger and it was too my great regret, I was embarrassed and ashamed of myself for it. I'm certainly ashamed and embarrassed about that avatar because I didn't even see his finger. I will have to look more closely at the next photo I come across.

Abbey Marie
06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Yes I did! That was before Christ. I don't do those things any more since Christ. I have let a word slip in a moment of anger and it was too my great regret, I was embarrassed and ashamed of myself for it. I'm certainly ashamed and embarrassed about that avatar because I didn't even see his finger. I will have to look more closely at the next photo I come across.

Awesome!

gabosaurus
06-02-2010, 12:55 PM

For someone who has accepted God into your heart, you need to show more tolerance and forgiveness. Remember that Jesus loved all people during his reign on Earth.

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
For someone who has accepted God into your heart, you need to show more tolerance and forgiveness. Remember that Jesus loved all people during his reign on Earth.

Wow .... Gabby, you have the audacity to chastise someone about tolerance and forgiveness, and loving all people? Or is that all people except conservatives?

When you come in here and start expounding on all the good things you see in Bush, Palin, McCain, Beck, etc...... then you might have a leg to stand on when you try to chastise someone like Crin. In the meantime, you sound like a hypocrite in this post.

crin63
06-02-2010, 05:50 PM

No, I haven't accepted God into my heart. Thats not Biblical salvation in the first place.

You might try actually reading The Bible to find out what it says. Please show me where God said to be tolerant of sin. Please show me where any of the Apostles were tolerant of sin. Jesus told people to go and sin no more.

gabosaurus
06-02-2010, 09:15 PM
No, I haven't accepted God into my heart. Thats not Biblical salvation in the first place.

You might try actually reading The Bible to find out what it says. Please show me where God said to be tolerant of sin. Please show me where any of the Apostles were tolerant of sin. Jesus told people to go and sin no more.

If you have not accepted God as your Savior, how can you call yourself a Christian?
God didn't tolerate sin. He tolerated sinners. So much as to die for them.
You accept the sins you want to accept and refuse to tolerate the others.

When you come in here and start expounding on all the good things you see in Bush, Palin, McCain, Beck, etc...... then you might have a leg to stand on

Sure. Right after you tell me all the good things you see in Obama.

crin63
06-03-2010, 12:44 AM
If you have not accepted God as your Savior, how can you call yourself a Christian?
God didn't tolerate sin. He tolerated sinners. So much as to die for them.
You accept the sins you want to accept and refuse to tolerate the others.

Salvation is through faith in and on Jesus. Its through coming to Him by faith. Its not having God in your heart because you said some magic ju-ju words that someone told you to repeat. I trusted Jesus to the saving of my soul about 15 years ago. I didn't say magic words and I didn't ask Jesus into my heart, thats just not scriptural.

Which sins is it that you say I tolerate? I tolerate (your word) sinners all the time seeings as how I am one and so is everyone I know.

SassyLady
06-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess
When you come in here and start expounding on all the good things you see in Bush, Palin, McCain, Beck, etc...... then you might have a leg to stand on

Sure. Right after you tell me all the good things you see in Obama.

Gabby, I am not the who posted the snotty dig to Crin about "tolerance and forgiveness"....you did. Thus my response to you ..... that if you don't want to be labeled "hypocrite", then you need to show that you have tolerance for, and forgive, all the sins you have pointed out about conservatives. At that point, you might have a leg to stand on when chastising others about tolerance and forgiveness.

But just to show you that I can ..... Obama is a good community organizer, a great politician, and he can work a teleprompter better than any other person on the planet.

crin63
06-03-2010, 08:22 AM
But just to show you that I can ..... Obama is a good community organizer, a great politician, and he can work a teleprompter better than any other person on the planet.

He's also good at fiddling as Rome burns. That man knows how to party (even as he ignores the oil spill) and golf as well.

gabosaurus
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Gabby, I am not the who posted the snotty dig to Crin about "tolerance and forgiveness"....you did. Thus my response to you ..... that if you don't want to be labeled "hypocrite", then you need to show that you have tolerance for, and forgive, all the sins you have pointed out about conservatives. At that point, you might have a leg to stand on when chastising others about tolerance and forgiveness.

Lol 'ed on that last point!