PDA

View Full Version : Former CIA Officials Admit To Faking Bin Laden Video

-Cp
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Two former CIA officials have admitted to creating a fake video in which intelligence officers dressed up as Osama Bin Laden and his cronies in an effort to defame the terrorist leader throughout the middle east.

The details are outlined in a Washington Post article by investigative reporter and former Army Intelligence case officer Jeff Stein.

Stein’s sources told him that during planning for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the CIA’s Iraq Operations Group considered creating a fake video of Saddam Hussein engaged in sexual acts with a teenage boy, then flooding Iraq with copies of the tape.

That idea, along with faking Iraqi news bulletins, never came to fruition according to the former CIA officials, because agreement on the projects could not be reached between the Iraq Group and CIA’s Office of Technical Services.

However, the two sources reveal that the agency did previously concoct at least one fake Bin Laden video:

The agency actually did make a video purporting to show Osama bin Laden and his cronies sitting around a campfire swigging bottles of liquor and savoring their conquests with boys, one of the former CIA officers recalled, chuckling at the memory. The actors were drawn from “some of us darker-skinned employees,” he said.

The former officials told Stein that the project was taken over by the military after it ground to a halt:

The reality, the former officials said, was that the agency really didn’t have enough money and expertise to carry out the projects. “The military took them over,” said one. “They had assets in psy-war down at Ft. Bragg,” at the army’s special warfare center.

Read the rest at:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/former-cia-officials-admit-to-faking-bin-laden-video.html

gabosaurus
06-13-2010, 10:35 PM
They should have made a video where they find the weapons of mass destruction. Who knows how much lying and deception were involved behind Herr Bush's plan to Iraqi conquest. I'm still waiting for the raw footage of Cheney masturbating as they pulled Saddam out of his hiding place.

darin
06-14-2010, 04:06 AM
there's already video of some of the WMD found in Iraq...
(shrug)

Are you REALLY still harping? Do you have ONE 'lie' made by Mr. Bush?

revelarts
06-14-2010, 06:54 AM
(shrug)

Do you mean the old near useless WMD's or the WMD's with the receipts from America?

Or maybe the WMD's that we think went to our ... friend and Ally(?), non terrorist state(?) SYRIA. That we outsource some of our torture to, that Bush said we don't do?

Sorry dmp, but don't get me started. Democrats lie and republicans lie. I won't defend either one.

Kathianne
06-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Actually the CIA didn't 'admit' to anything, other than whacky ideas that had been kicked around. Well actually didin't 'admit' to even that. Surprise.

The actual Stein articles is here: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/spy-talk/2010/05/cia_group_had_wacky_ideas_to_d.html

Perhaps we shouldn't just be skeptical of MSM, hmmm?

CIA unit's wacky idea: Depict Saddam as gay
During planning for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the CIA's Iraq Operations Group kicked around a number of ideas for discrediting Saddam Hussein in the eyes of his people.

One was to create a video purporting to show the Iraqi dictator having sex with a teenage boy, according to two former CIA officials familiar with the project.

“It would look like it was taken by a hidden camera,” said one of the former officials. “Very grainy, like it was a secret videotaping of a sex session.”

The idea was to then “flood Iraq with the videos,” the former official said.

Another idea was to interrupt Iraqi television programming with a fake special news bulletin. An actor playing Hussein would announce that he was stepping down in favor of his (much-reviled) son Uday.

“I’m sure you will throw your support behind His Excellency Uday,” the fake Hussein would intone.

The spy agency’s Office of Technical Services collaborated on the ideas, which also included inserting fake “crawls” -- messages at the bottom of the screen -- into Iraqi newscasts.

The agency actually did make a video purporting to show Osama bin Laden and his cronies sitting around a campfire swigging bottles of liquor and savoring their conquests with boys, one of the former CIA officers recalled, chuckling at the memory. The actors were drawn from “some of us darker-skinned employees,” he said.

Eventually, “things ground to a halt,” the other former officer said, because no one could come to agreement on the projects.

They also faced strong opposition from James Pavitt, then head of the agency’s Operations Division, and his deputy, Hugh Turner, who “kept throwing darts at it.”

The ideas were patently ridiculous, said the other former agency officer.

“They came from people whose careers were spent in Latin America or East Asia” and didn’t understand the cultural nuances of the region.....

revelarts
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Ronald Kessler author and CIA apologist defends the CIA in general but even he admits to the following.

Did the CIA experiment on people using mind altering drugs?
The CIA, in the 50's and 60's, did experiment with American subjects using mind altering drugs trying to see if they could use them to get secrets out of the Soviets. This was done without their permission. It's shocking and in one case it resulted in a suicide, but these are all things from the past in different days when ethics were quite different from what they are today.

Are most conspiracy theories about the CIA lies?
Yes, most conspiracy theories about the CIA are lies. The CIA did engage in abuses in the 60s and the 70s, for example in spying on Americans often for political reasons, almost always at the direction of the presidents like Johnson and Nixon. But despite that, they were abuses, they should have never occurred. The CIA also would break into people's houses without warrants. So, all these things did happen, but today the CIA does follow the law and is simply trying to stop the next attack.

Is it possible that some of the conspiracy theories about the CIA are true?
There's no question that those abuses described in family jewels, which occurred in the 1960's and 1970's were true. It was actually the CIA that catalogued them and revealed them to the President and to the Congress after seeing more times and reporting some of them. But since then, not only have the abuses stopped, but we now have very effective over sight. Congress has intelligence committees that did not exist in those days and that is the body what the CIA's are doing. We now have an Inspector General in CIA. So we have all these methods for uncovering abuses that really have stopped at the CIA.

So rest assured TODAY the CIA are not doing anything bad, there from the gov't you can trust em.

The CIA has been doing dirt since Truman allowed the Dulles brothers to run it. to be sure there are some good people in it. but there is a dark side that has been revealed to run drugs, train terrorist, illegally overthrown gov't, and murdered innocent people in our name.

By the way the CIA has also been known to feed the MSM stories in the U.S.. and have had CIA employees on the payroll at newspapers and media outlets. Look up project mockingbird.

did i mention torture?

Kathianne
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
That last post seems a different topic altogether. This one is on CIA and Bin Laden, but actually the article that started the OP really doesn't say what poster implied or the source used.

gabosaurus
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
There have been entire books published on the subject of Bush's lies during his reign. You should check one of them out.

Kathianne
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
There have been entire books published on the subject of Bush's lies during his reign. You should check one of them out.

LOL! Never miss a chance to try and link Bush with anything. In this case though, seems it was more of a brainstorm at CIA that suddenly was of interest on WP blog, then twisted by conspiracy group.

revelarts
06-14-2010, 12:23 PM
That last post seems a different topic altogether. This one is on CIA and Bin Laden, but actually the article that started the OP really doesn't say what poster implied or the source used.

I guess my point is, there's very little bad behavior the C.I.A. does that I would be surprised at. Making a fake Bin Laden tape is a small item to believe. (juries still out here but still) However the idea that they don't have the money or capabilities to do it is ridiculous. That's 1 lie right there. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Bin Laden videos the U.S. public has seen aren't fake or doctored.

red states rule
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
They should have made a video where they find the weapons of mass destruction. Who knows how much lying and deception were involved behind Herr Bush's plan to Iraqi conquest. I'm still waiting for the raw footage of Cheney masturbating as they pulled Saddam out of his hiding place.

Gabby, I want to make sure I am understanding your logic here. Last week you started a thread about the hate shown toward Pres Obama. You sited two of my threads - one on Obama's falling poll numbers, and one on Obam skipping ANC on memorial Day

Now you call Pres Bush "Herr Bush" - making him a Nazi

I guess you do not consider your post hatful at all, right?

Yet how many liberals have expressed outrage over people comparing Obama to Hitler, or calling him a Nazi?

Is this another liberal double standard Gabby, or are you exempt from the standards you demand from the rest of us?

DragonStryk72
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
(shrug)

"There are no black sites" -well, aside from Gitmo, which was a black site. Bush did lie, he did it a bunch, Obama's done it more, but Bush still fouled.

SassyLady
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Truthfully .... take this sentence

__________________ lied!!! Take any President, current or present, and put their name in the blank and it would be the truth.

Seriously, has there ever been a world leader that hasn't lied about something?

red states rule
06-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Truthfully .... take this sentence

__________________ lied!!! Take any President, current or present, and put their name in the blank and it would be the truth.

Seriously, has there ever been a world leader that hasn't lied about something?

You are failing to take into considersation the liberal mindset

Republican Presidents lie. End of discussion.

Democrat Presidents misspeak, are misquoted, or are their words are taken out of context

Silver
06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Christ,...this story has been around and talked about for at least 5 years....
The CIA was trying to kill support for Osama in the region...so what....?
Its seems the plan was poorly executed and didn't change the mindset of the fanatics in the Middle East, but it was worth the try....unfortunate for the US that the plan failed.....:tank: