PDA

View Full Version : dadt vote coming

LiberalNation
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
looks like a lock on it being abolished. Gona get me a girlfriend and the homophobes can gtf over it. Just hope I don't have one for a boss.

LiberalNation
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Supporters: Senate panel has votes to end gay ban

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_go_co/us_gays_military;_ylt=AqYmXIhtzWvF3AdJGZuU8.ys0NUE ;_ylu=X3oDMTNrbTN2cnU3BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTI2L3Vz X2dheXNfbWlsaXRhcnkEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3Bvcw M2BHBvcwMzBHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVf bGlzdARzbGsDc3VwcG9ydGVyc3Nl

WASHINGTON – Supporters said Wednesday the Senate Armed Services Committee has enough votes to approve a bill overturning the ban on gays serving openly in the military.

The prediction came after several lawmakers on the panel signaled their support, including Sen. Ben Nelson, a conservative Democrat from Nebraska who had been considered a holdout.

"In a military which values honesty and integrity, this policy encourages deceit," Nelson said of the 17-year-old "don't ask, don't tell" law.

The bill would still face scrutiny by the full Senate, where 60 votes are usually needed to overcome Republican objections.

But an endorsement by the Senate Armed Services Committee, led by Michigan Democrat Carl Levin, was considered a crucial first step by gay rights' groups.

darin
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
looks like a lock on it being abolished. Gona get me a girlfriend and the homophobes can gtf over it. Just hope I don't have one for a boss.

foolish arrogant prick attitude right there.

LiberalNation
05-26-2010, 04:33 PM
we own both houses and even if a few dems don't vote the right way we will still pass it.

jimnyc
05-27-2010, 09:30 AM
we own both houses and even if a few dems don't vote the right way we will still pass it.

Does it require 60 votes? If so, without at least a republican or 2 you don't have it.

And since this is Military related, and effects solely the military - don't you think THEY should be the ones deciding this?

LiberalNation
05-27-2010, 09:45 AM
they support repeal, the military isn't that homophobic. Only the guys really get shit for it from what I heard.

Don't make honesty a value then tell people to lie.

LiberalNation
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Sen. Byrd to vote for DADT repeal

LiberalNation
05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
I wrote my senator urging him to vote for repeal. It wont help, good ol boy mitch doesn't care.

LiberalNation
05-28-2010, 04:48 PM
we won the house, next stop senate and the prez desk.

HogTrash
05-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Faggot pleez!...We all knew this was coming way back when Slick Willie opened the barracks doors for queers with his DADT policy.

The marxist progressives have a way of slowly weaving their sick perverted policies into our everyday lives, no matter how immoral.

Wasn't it the Soviet Premier Nikita Kruschev who said, "two steps forward, one step back, forever advancing"?

Trigg
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
IMHO it doesn't matter if gays officially "come out" in the military since I guarantee they're there already. It isn't hard to tell who's gay and who isn't most of the time.

I would expect that they be held to the same standards regarding sexual harassment.

On a side note I also never got the whole idea of "homophobic". A phobia is a fear of something. Just because a person happens to think that gay acts are disgusting doesn't mean they are afraid of gays.

Personally I think the whole idea of two women or two men is gross, I also think the way some flamers act more like women than women is ridiculous. Not scared of them though.

05-29-2010, 01:11 AM
No one was stopping gays from being in the military to begin with. Victory over this means absolutely nothing since it was a political construct that Democrats created simply to say Republicans are evil.

HogTrash
05-29-2010, 05:43 AM
IMHO it doesn't matter if gays officially "come out" in the military since I guarantee they're there already. It isn't hard to tell who's gay and who isn't most of the time.

I would expect that they be held to the same standards regarding sexual harassment.

On a side note I also never got the whole idea of "homophobic". A phobia is a fear of something. Just because a person happens to think that gay acts are disgusting doesn't mean they are afraid of gays.

Personally I think the whole idea of two women or two men is gross, I also think the way some flamers act more like women than women is ridiculous. Not scared of them though.Gays in the military is obvious sexual discrimination...Did anyone ever consider that maybe the healthy virile young heterosexual males might also enjoy being housed in a baracks filled with the objects of their sexual desire?

And if any of the female military personel object to sharing a baracks, toilets and shower facilities with the men, then that's just tuff shit...They have no say so in the matter...The government is only concerned about discrimination.

LiberalNation
05-29-2010, 07:35 AM
we share the same barracks as the males in basic with only a seperation wall in many places. Males and femals often share the same buildings and a lot of sexual harrassment happens in basic from what I have been told, even rape.

krisy
05-29-2010, 07:42 AM

I think you should probably check your attitude at the door when you join. It's not a good one for the military.

As far as gays servng. I don't have a great problem with it. What I don't understand is why gays feel the need to make sure everyone knows their sexuality. Who cares? I mean,how many heterosexual pride parades do we see?

chloe
05-29-2010, 07:52 AM

:laugh2: Have you ever had a girlfriend? Gays are already in the military and always have been. I don't see what the big deal is.

:coffee:

HogTrash
05-29-2010, 07:53 AM
we share the same barracks as the males in basic with only a seperation wall in many places. Males and femals often share the same buildings and a lot of sexual harrassment happens in basic from what I have been told, even rape.Things sure must have changed since the Marine Corps training of my time.

Very few women could have withstood the physical rigors of male recruit bootcamp.

Probably not the mental conditioning either.

LiberalNation
05-29-2010, 08:03 AM
the Marines still seperate males and females in bootcamp, army basic however is coed.

LiberalNation
05-29-2010, 08:04 AM
:laugh2: Have you ever had a girlfriend? Gays are already in the military and always have been. I don't see what the big deal is.

:coffee:
I'm working on it, hear there are a lot of lesbians in the army so may get lucky.

LiberalNation
05-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Gates tells U.S. troops: no gay ban repeal imminent

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100528/pl_nm/us_usa_military_gays

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Defense Secretary Robert Gates sought on Friday to ease concerns among U.S. troops about plans advancing in Congress to end the military's ban on homosexuals, saying a long, careful review process lay ahead.

Gates, in his first major address to U.S. troops on the politically charged legislation, said he did not expect Congress to pass the repeal for months, perhaps not until the end of the year.

Even then, the U.S. military would have to give final approval and would not do so without a comprehensive review that included troops' input and a cautious plan for implementation.

"Every man and woman in uniform is a vitally important part of this review. We need to hear from you and your families so that we can make these judgments in the most informed and effective manner," Gates said.

"So please let us know how to do this right."

The House of Representatives on Thursday approved an amendment aimed at ending the Clinton-era "don't ask, don't tell" policy, which allows homosexuals to serve if they keep quiet about their sexual orientation but expels them if it becomes known. More legislative hurdles remain.

Recent polls show most Americans support repealing the 1993 ban, as does President Barack Obama.

bullypulpit
05-29-2010, 07:46 PM
The right wing seems awfully het up about what goes on in barracks showers and fellatio performed by those depraved homosexyuls on their straight comrades in arms whilst they sleep. Gotta wonder what they're all doin' in their spare time...Hmmm.

I spent more than a few years in the navy, with the bulk of them spent on ships at sea, and I never awoke in my rack to find a homosexyul fellating me in my sleep. And yes, there were gay crew-members...many gay crew-members. By and large nobody but the knuckle-draggers and slack-jawed mouth breathers really gave a shit if they were gay as long as they were there when the shit hit the fan, and they were. Come to think of it, the knuckle-draggers and mouth-mouth breathers would have had trouble getting laid in a brothel if you stuffed their pockets full of C-notes.

And then there are the nut-bags at "America's Survival" who are doing a fair impression of General Jack D. Ripper in expressing their concerns over homosexyuls "<a href=http://www.usasurvival.org/ck05.27.10.html>impurifying the precious bodily fluids</a>" of our men an women in uniform. Talk about bat-shit crazy...Kincaid's picture serves as the ostensive definition of the phrase.

To all those straight, right-wing, true-blue super patriots gettin' all het up over the possibility of getting hit by the super-duper-ultra-top-secret gay ray developed bt the homosexyul movement in America...Can you say "Freudian slip"? I knew you could.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2010, 03:16 AM
The right wing seems awfully het up about what goes on in barracks showers and fellatio performed by those depraved homosexyuls on their straight comrades in arms whilst they sleep. Gotta wonder what they're all doin' in their spare time...Hmmm.

I spent more than a few years in the navy, with the bulk of them spent on ships at sea, and I never awoke in my rack to find a homosexyul fellating me in my sleep. And yes, there were gay crew-members...many gay crew-members. By and large nobody but the knuckle-draggers and slack-jawed mouth breathers really gave a shit if they were gay as long as they were there when the shit hit the fan, and they were. Come to think of it, the knuckle-draggers and mouth-mouth breathers would have had trouble getting laid in a brothel if you stuffed their pockets full of C-notes.

And then there are the nut-bags at "America's Survival" who are doing a fair impression of General Jack D. Ripper in expressing their concerns over homosexyuls "<a href=http://www.usasurvival.org/ck05.27.10.html>impurifying the precious bodily fluids</a>" of our men an women in uniform. Talk about bat-shit crazy...Kincaid's picture serves as the ostensive definition of the phrase.

To all those straight, right-wing, true-blue super patriots gettin' all het up over the possibility of getting hit by the super-duper-ultra-top-secret gay ray developed bt the homosexyul movement in America...Can you say "Freudian slip"? I knew you could.

Yeah, sort of like that old joke about submariners "100 sailors go down, 50 couples come back up."

I never ran into any issues with sailors or marines in my time in (I was on a gator freighter, so a lot of time spent with marines), and I hold no illusions that there are no gay service members in every branch of the military, so really, the policy of dadt is just sort of stupid, really.

This idea that people have that the servicemen and women will somehow feel horrible is also just crap, cause really, as long as the job got done, and we got paid on time, we... just... don't... care.

LiberalNation
05-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Mullen just made the senate fight that much tougher with his talk of how they should have waited. Waited till the repubs had more seats so it would never happen, and the guy favors repeal himself. Wish he hadn't said nothin.

namvet
05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Mullen just made the senate fight that much tougher with his talk of how they should have waited. Waited till the repubs had more seats so it would never happen, and the guy favors repeal himself. Wish he hadn't said nothin.

remember. don't drop your soap in the shower................