PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh getting married again

05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.page2live.com/2010/05/27/rush-limbaugh-to-marry-galpal-kathryn-rogers-next-week-in-palm-beach/

Congrats to the happy couple.

KarlMarx
05-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Not again! Perhaps Rush ought to learn a lesson from baseball... three strikes and you're out...

he would contribute greatly to human happiness and prevent a lot of heartache if he'd just forget about being married at all.. not to mention his bank account would be better off having fewer ex-wives....

Trigg
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Ya gotta wonder why he would bother to marry her since he's already had 3 failed marriages.

Not to mention that she is 33 and he's old enough to be her father. Yuck.

LiberalNation
05-28-2010, 08:15 PM
oh she's a gold digger......

Trigg
05-28-2010, 08:24 PM

yep and if she has any brains at all she'll pop out a couple of kids before he divorces her also.

Not that I condone gold diggers, but you might as well go all the way if that's the direction you're on.

Mr. P
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
For the most part I oppose pre-nups but in a case like this you'd have to be brain dead NOT to have one.

cat slave
05-29-2010, 12:21 AM

I thought he was smarter than to fall for a gold digger, but then, I guess
shes good in bed! That can blind a lot of smart men!

05-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I know you guys don't seem optimistic, but I really hope they are happy together.

cat slave
05-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Actually, so do I....seems an unlikely match from here, but whatever.

Binky
05-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Ya gotta wonder why he would bother to marry her since he's already had 3 failed marriages.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he'd be better off if he dated and/or married women his own age. With his track record, it'll prob'ly last a few years at tops and then, bam, off to divorce court once again.

-Cp
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I thought he was smarter than to fall for a gold digger, but then, I guess
shes good in bed! That can blind a lot of smart men!

Having a wife who is good in bed is the ONLY reason to be married - if it weren't for sex, there'd be no reason to get married because (for Christians at least), every other aspect of the relationship can be handled by just being boyfriend/girlfriend..

KarlMarx
05-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he'd be better off if he dated and/or married women his own age. With his track record, it'll prob'ly last a few years at tops and then, bam, off to divorce court once again.

Someone that is married and divorced 3 times has to have some issues. As much as I admire his politics, I don't admire him in this matter.

I was married and divorced once. For me that was enough.

No amount of marital bliss can make up for the pain I went through. I'm satisfied being a single man for the rest of my life.

Perhaps Rush ought to learn a lesson....

Abbey Marie
05-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Having a wife who is good in bed is the ONLY reason to be married - if it weren't for sex, there'd be no reason to get married because (for Christians at least), every other aspect of the relationship can be handled by just being boyfriend/girlfriend..

Yes, I am sure Jesus made that very point at the wedding in Cana. :rolleyes:

-Cp
05-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, I am sure Jesus made that very point at the wedding in Cana. :rolleyes:

The only recorded point that he did make - was to drink wine.. .

chloe
05-29-2010, 07:46 PM

They are both grown adults I see nothing wrong with the age difference.

Trigg
05-29-2010, 08:48 PM
They are both grown adults I see nothing wrong with the age difference.

well maybe it's just me, I'm sure she loves him for his personality and not the money.

I'm sure there are plenty of good looking 33 year old women who just can't wait to meet a nice overweight man in his 60's.

-Cp
05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I think this wedding is a sham - I predict they'll be lucky to last 5 years..

The fact that she's 1/2 his age - is very telling of what's going on here. Personalities aside, he is at a completely different place in his life than she is. Call it what you will but it is what it is.

chloe
05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
well maybe it's just me, I'm sure she loves him for his personality and not the money.

I'm sure there are plenty of good looking 33 year old women who just can't wait to meet a nice overweight man in his 60's.

They may both shallow people who are choosing to marry for the conveniances each one of them gets out of it.

I just meant that I don't think the age difference matters specifically. I think two grown adults with a big age difference could find commonalities and also share similiar beliefs to have a good relationship.

chloe
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I think this wedding is a sham - I predict they'll be lucky to last 5 years..

The fact that she's 1/2 his age - is very telling of what's going on here. Personalities aside, he is at a completely different place in his life than she is. Call it what you will but it is what it is.

Yes well he is rich n famous and she is a beautiful trophy model.

My Grandma was happily married to a man around 25 years her Junior they were quite happy.

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Who cares it's his choice

Abbey Marie
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
The only recorded point that he did make - was to drink wine.. .

His presence at the wedding, not to mention his performing a miracle, suggests strongly to me that he not only approved the ceremony and institution of marriage, but blessed it. If he did not believe in marriage, he wouldn't have attended.

He also would likely not have called the church his bride and himself the bridegroom. Or do you think he sees used those terms because his relationship with us/the church as primarily a sexual one?

Abbey Marie
05-31-2010, 05:25 PM

Actually, he looks like he's a fairly good weight these days. And he has a very strong personality that someone might love. I think people can be attracted to someone for several reasons, and traditional good looks aren't always even in the top three.

Trigg
06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Actually, he looks like he's a fairly good weight these days. And he has a very strong personality that someone might love. I think people can be attracted to someone for several reasons, and traditional good looks aren't always even in the top three.

I'm not saying that every woman who marries a man half her age, who just happens to also be filthy rich, is a gold digger. But, the majority probably are.

Abbey Marie
06-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm not saying that every woman who marries a man half her age, who just happens to also be filthy rich, is a gold digger. But, the majority probably are.

Probably true. Also, power is truly an aphrodisiac. I wonder how many marry more for the proximity to power, than the money itself. They usually go hand-in-hand so it's hard to differentiate.

gabosaurus
06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Every successful man deserves a trophy wife. Ask Newt and John McCain.

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
oh and liberal men never have trophies wives

your act is getting :lame2: gabo

those cool aid stains on your teeth are showing

Every successful man deserves a trophy wife. Ask Newt and John McCain.

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 05:31 PM
My Grandma was happily married to a man around 25 years her Junior they were quite happy.

Good for her!!! I am 11 years older than my husband. There are times when our energy levels are mismatched, but for the most part we seem to have enough in common.