PDA

View Full Version : Obama, the Thin-Skinned President

red states rule
05-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Poor Barack, he is the victim in all this, and we need to do is give the poor man a chance

So what if he has had 17 months and things have only gotten worse under his leadership?

The president is constantly complaining about what others are saying about him. He is upset at Fox News, and conservative talk radio, and Republicans, and people carrying unflattering posters of him. He gets upset when his avalanche of faulty facts are challenged, like on health care. He gets upset when he is called on his hypocrisy, on everything from breaking his promise not to hire lobbyists in the White House to broadcasting health care meetings on C-SPAN to not curtailing earmarks to failing in his promises of transparency and bipartisanship.

In Obama's eyes, he is always the aggrieved, always the violated, always the victim of some injustice. He is America's virtuous and valorous hero, a man of unusually pure motives and uncommon wisdom, under assault by the forces of darkness.

It is all so darn unfair.

Not surprisingly, Obama's thin skin leads to self pity. As Daniel Halper of The Weekly Standard pointed out, in a fundraising event for Sen. Barbara Boxer, Obama said,

Let's face it: this has been the toughest year and a half since any year and a half since the 1930s.

Really, now? Worse than the period surrounding December 7, 1941 and September 11, 2001? Worse than what Gerald Ford faced after the resignation of Richard Nixon and Watergate, which constituted the worse constitutional scandal in our history and tore the country apart? Worse than what Ronald Reagan faced after Jimmy Carter (when interest rates were 22 percent, inflation was more than 13 percent, and Reagan faced something entirely new under the sun, "stagflation")? Worse than 1968, when Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. were assassinated and there was rioting in our streets? Worse than what LBJ faced during Vietnam -- a war which eventually claimed more than 58,000 lives? Worse than what John Kennedy faced in the Bay of Pigs and in the Cuban Missile Crisis, when we and the Soviet Union edged up to the brink of nuclear war? Worse than what Franklin Roosevelt faced on the eve of the Normandy invasion? Worse than what Bush faced in Iraq in 2006, when that nation was on the edge of civil war, or when the financial system collapsed in the last months of his presidency? Worse than what Truman faced in defeating imperial Japan, in reconstructing post-war Europe, and in responding to North Korea's invasion of South Korea?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/27/obama-the-thin-skinned-president/

red states rule
05-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Obama probably believes he is not only President of the US but President of the World

Obama is the type of politican he thinks by merely saying something or giving an order - things will happen,a nd the problem will be solved

Damn, like millions of others - I can see November from my house

Binky
05-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Obama probably believes he is not only President of the US but President of the World

Obama is the type of politican he thinks by merely saying something or giving an order - things will happen,a nd the problem will be solved

Damn, like millions of others - I can see November from my house

He was running for president of the world when he ran for pres. of the US. That was his intentions all along.

Didn't he say during his campaign that he would begin removing our troops from Iraq within 18 months from the time he took office? Well, he's coming up on 18 months asap and I don't see him pulling any of them out.... Geee......could this be yet another lie? Just think......another politican filled with bullpucky and crapola...Who'd ever have thought that?

red states rule
05-31-2010, 09:04 AM
He was running for president of the world when he ran for pres. of the US. That was his intentions all along.

Didn't he say during his campaign that he would begin removing our troops from Iraq within 18 months from the time he took office? Well, he's coming up on 18 months asap and I don't see him pulling any of them out.... Geee......could this be yet another lie? Just think......another politican filled with bullpucky and crapola...Who'd ever have thought that?

Well as Gabby would say - let the hate flow

Here are a few of Obama's broken prmisies that we should all ignore and never mention

Promise #6: No Tax Increase on Families Making Under 250k

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,” Obama said in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

Reality: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, which would be a fat tax on everyone. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, and now we have that proposed tax on fancy health care benefits.

During the campaign, he criticized John McCain for just suggesting that.

“My opponent can't make that pledge [not to raise taxes] and here’s why: for the first time in American history, John McCain wants to tax your health care benefits," he said in the same speech.

But now it's Obama who wants to tax health plans:

“This reform will charge insurance companies a fee for their most expensive policies,” he said in his health care address to Congress.

Promise #5: Ban Earmarks

"We are going to ban all earmarks,” Obama said at a press conference on January 6, 2009.

Reality: The first spending bill he signed had over 9,000 earmarks.

Promise #4: I Won't Force Americans To Buy Insurance

During the campaign, Obama attacked Hillary Clinton:

“She believes we have to force people who don’t have insurance,” he said in a primary debate in January 2008.

In a Feb. 2008 CNN interview, he added: “If a mandate was the solution, we could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house.”

Reality: This September, he told Congress: “Under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance.”

Promise #3: Health care negotiations will be on C-SPAN

Obama promised at least eight times that "we’re going to do all the negotiations on C-SPAN, So the American people will be able to watch.”

Reality: They haven’t been there.

Well, briefly. C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb said, “The only time we’ve been allowed to cover the White House part of it was one hour inside the East Room, which was kind of just a show horse type of thing.”

Promise #2: Putting bills online

Obama promised “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you the public will have five days to look online, and find out what’s in it before I sign it.”

Reality: He broke that promise when he singed his first bill, the Fair Pay Act. He's broken it since, for instance on the Credit Card Bill of Rights and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

Promise #1: Cutting spending

On the campaign trail, Obama promised to cut spending several times. In the second presidential debate, he said that “actually, I am cutting more than I’m spending. So it will be a net spending cut.”

In the third debate, he reiterated: “what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.”

Of course, Republicans made claims like that, too. Bush Sr. is famous for his “Read my lips. No new taxes” line. Bush Jr. made statements like “Prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government.”

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/01/20/obamas-broken-promises/#ixzz0pW2Yxueb

cat slave
06-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Hes narcissistic and phsyco and totally out of touch with reality. He makes
up his own reality and thinks everyone believes the ****!

SassyLady
06-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Well as Gabby wopuld say - let the hayte flow

Here are a few of Obama's broken prmisies that we should all ignore and never mention

Didn't he promise to close Gitmo?

red states rule
06-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Didn't he promise to close Gitmo?

Like his "promise" not to raise taxes on the middle class - it was not a promise to close GITMO, it was a preference