PDA

View Full Version : Sack Tapping Costs Young Boy a Testicle

chloe
05-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Sack Tapping Costs Young Boy a Testicle (http://www.techjackal.net/other/2010/05/29/sack-tapping-costs-young-boy-a-testicle/)

Saturday, 29 May 2010

A seemingly innocent sounding game named “sack tapping” is actually a violent, dangerous game spreading like wildfire among today’s teen boys. A Minnesota boy recently had to have one of his testicles amputated after being “tapped” in the groin. The name tapping is completely deceptive. The tap is actually a punch. The game apparently started out as flicking or tapping but has progressed and is now much more violent. Several other names exist for this game.

Dr. Scott Wheeler is the pediatric urologist who performed the surgery on the young boy. He reports he actually performs a testicle amputation surgery three to four times a year due to this dangerous game. The so called game involves another boy punching their peer in the groin before said peer can hit them first. YouTube has hundreds of clips of this game and boys across the country are getting a good laugh out of another’s obvious pain. The videos are big hits, inspiring even more boys to get in on the action.

http://www.techjackal.net/other/2010/05/29/sack-tapping-costs-young-boy-a-testicle/

LiberalNation
05-30-2010, 05:06 PM
saw this in school, guys thought it was hillarious to hit each other in the balls.

Insein
05-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Nothing gay about that. :rolleyes: If I was in high school today and a dude touched my balls, they'd be getting more than their nuts tapped back and they'd be lucky if a testicle was all they lost.

krisy
05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
I saw a story about this on the news. They showed some video of some kids "ambushing" an innocent guy and he looked like he was really hurting bad. I can definitely say that it was no "tap". This stuff worries me since I have a 15 year old boy going into his sophmore year. He has told me of some of the guys punching each other in the arm several times until the person getting punched "gives".

Why do we let 16 year olds do things like drive when this is the mentality in high school?:eek:

DragonStryk72
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Even if they were 18 they'd still be doing something stupid. It's the whole Ron White thing, "You can't fix stupid." My thought is that it'll die down soon enough, as boys realized that they're actually putting 'the twins' in danger. It is retarded though

Insein
05-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I saw a story about this on the news. They showed some video of some kids "ambushing" an innocent guy and he looked like he was really hurting bad. I can definitely say that it was no "tap". This stuff worries me since I have a 15 year old boy going into his sophmore year. He has told me of some of the guys punching each other in the arm several times until the person getting punched "gives".

Why do we let 16 year olds do things like drive when this is the mentality in high school?:eek:

This isnt a new mentality. Kids have had this mentality for centuries. Guys have to prove who is the alpha and the only way to do that is to fight. The problem nowadays is that fighting is so few and far between that you get these punks that will pick on a kid knowing that they wont fight back for fear of getting in trouble. I fought a lot in high school. I lost a bunch and won a few. But after awhile, people knew not to start with me cause they would have to fight. Whether I would win or not is irrellevant. If a punk is trying to pick on someone, they wont pick on someone who they know will fight back. They will move onto the kid who wont fight back.

My dad always told me, never start a fight or pick on other kids. But you never back down when someone is picking on you. It just opens the door to non stop bullying.

krisy
05-30-2010, 09:09 PM
My dad always told me, never start a fight or pick on other kids. But you never back down when someone is picking on you. It just opens the door to non stop bullying.

This is great advice. My son (and a lot of other kids) have to deal with major jackasses in high school everyday. I have always taught my kids that I would never tolerate them picking on or making fun of anyone....and they don't. Unfortunately,being nice can also make you a target. I tell them if they TRULY don't let it bother them,it will show and the bully will move on.

My son has been working out for a while and is getting more solid. He is a strong kid, very tolerant too. I just hope one of these days he doesn't blow on one of these guys when they push it too far. I told him there will be jackasses around all your life. Let if roll off.

All that being said,if some guy punches him in the balls and ruins my chances for grandchildren,he has my permission to kick their ass!!

chloe
05-30-2010, 10:02 PM
saw this in school, guys thought it was hillarious to hit each other in the balls.

I see no humor in it.....must be a guy thing

Monkeybone
05-30-2010, 11:58 PM
ok.... who (guys) here hasn't smacked someone in the balls with a pimp slap or anything? but... these kids that are punching each other and continue to? They are just thinning out the gene pool since they are apparently loosing their balls.

Mr. P
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
ok.... who (guys) here hasn't smacked someone in the balls with a pimp slap or anything? but... these kids that are punching each other and continue to? They are just thinning out the gene pool since they are apparently loosing their balls.

Me

-Cp
05-31-2010, 12:46 AM

Me

Insein
05-31-2010, 09:16 AM

Me. No one wants to chance the boys being injured.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
To quote Elaine, "I don't how you guys walk around with those things" :coffee:

Honestly, it sounds gay. :dunno:

DragonStryk72
05-31-2010, 07:07 PM
When I was in school, and then in the navy, it was ravenknuckling and it was pretty common, but then it was only done with the middle and index finger. Personally, I never saw the appeal of it, cause if you get into it, then eventually at some point, you will be the one taking a shot to the nuts.

-Cp
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
To quote Elaine, "I don't how you guys walk around with those things" :coffee:

Honestly, it sounds gay. :dunno:

Who is Elaine?

gabosaurus
05-31-2010, 08:33 PM
I see no humor in it.....must be a guy thing

Obviously. You never know what idiocy the male mind is going to come up with next.

LiberalNation
05-31-2010, 10:55 PM
my brother said they do it in his high school but not punching, open handed slapping.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Who is Elaine?

Julia Louis Dreyfus' character on Seinfeld. It's a line from famous episode set at the beach, where George tries to explain to Elaine, "shrinkage".

gabosaurus
06-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow, this thing is really nuts. :p

SassyLady
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Obviously. You never know what idiocy the male mind is going to come up with next.

Yep .... once upon a time a male mind thought it would be cool to fly! What idiocy! :cheers2:

I will admit this "sack tapping" is very weird. :slap: