PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Alan Grayson wants to spend $130,000 on art gallery for blind

red states rule
05-31-2010, 07:03 AM
So what if the country is broke, the national debt is now over $13 trillion, and massive tax increases are coming - the prok must flow and flow big

Remember this is the nut who said anyone who watchs Fox News or listens to Rush Limbaugh is an enemy of the state

WDBO Local News

Grayson wants to spend $130,000 on art gallery for blind

Democratic congressman Alan Grayson makes no bones about bringing home the bacon to his 8th congressional district.

For 2011 fiscal year, Grayson has requested 77 earmarks totaling $106,629,871, according to the congressman's website(my calculator went to "E" trying to add them all up).

One of the most peculular is $130,000 for the Orlando Musuem of Art for a gallery for the visually impaired.

"To put money into that from the federal budget I think is inappropriate," said Republican Bruce O'Donoghue, one of the candidates vying to challenge Grayson in November.

He says the federal budget is no place for pet projects, even if they seem like good causes. Reading through Grayson's requests, most of them do.

There's $2.5M for studying ways to protect the military from the effects of radiation and $1.6M for Orange County to purchase emergency generators.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/05/grayson-wants-to-spend-130000.html

REDWHITEBLUE2
06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey I can see that [pun intended] :coffee:

cat slave
06-03-2010, 01:01 AM
ROTFL! And Ive always wondered why there was brail on the keypads of
ATMs????? Most people drive cars through their ATMs....another question!!!!