PDA

View Full Version : So when we pull out of Iraq.....

manu1959
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
what do you think will happen to the people that live there?

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Be about what it is now. A bunch of in fighting till a strong man comes out on top or their neighbors intervene an annex parts of Iraq for their own.

stephanie
04-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Be about what it is now. A bunch of in fighting till a strong man comes out on top or their neighbors intervene an annex parts of Iraq for their own.

So...you don't mind that Iran might take them over????

manu1959
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
So...you don't mind that Iran might take them over????

waht she said.........you ok with that?

Kathianne
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
waht she said.........you ok with that?

They must be. It will be Vietnam but worse. Certainly more dangerous to our own interests, not too mention equally immoral.

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Don't really care, might even be for the best. The sunni countries like Saudi Arabia wouldn't stand for it then they're would be a bunch of regional fighting and they'd be worried about killing each other instead of us. We'd slip quitely into the background. Only problem is oil prices might jum with all that insecurity in the 3 biggest oil producers in the world.

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 08:49 PM
They must be. It will be Vietnam but worse. Certainly more dangerous to our own interests, not too mention equally immoral.

No supporting the French imperalist in Veitnam against the will of the people was immoral. So was the UN splitting up Vietnam into North and South, like that worked so well in Korea ya'll. Then there's us that went in only because the gov was commie when it had far more popular support then the people we tried to prop up.

manu1959
04-26-2007, 08:50 PM

vietnam was a civil war when the french were in control....all that happened is one side won.....

iraq is different.....there are no sides at the moment that can stand up to iran or syria....when we pull out of iraq.....iran will double in size......

we will still be in the middle east, in afganistan....iran will run the same bs there and we will pull out and iran will again increase in size.....

we will still be in SA UAE etc....

Kathianne
04-26-2007, 09:06 PM
vietnam was a civil war when the french were in control....all that happened is one side won.....

iraq is different.....there are no sides at the moment that can stand up to iran or syria....when we pull out of iraq.....iran will double in size......

we will still be in the middle east, in afganistan....iran will run the same bs there and we will pull out and iran will again increase in size.....

we will still be in SA UAE etc....

I may be wrong, but I don't think 'we' are in SA, at least not militarily. Kuwait, yet. UAE, like SA for business, but not for military I don't think.

As far as 'one side winning' one side always has to in a civil war. Problem is in Vietnam, when we let it resume, there was a bloodbath, for which we never took any of the credit.

manu1959
04-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think 'we' are in SA, at least not militarily. Kuwait, yet. UAE, like SA for business, but not for military I don't think.

As far as 'one side winning' one side always has to in a civil war. Problem is in Vietnam, when we let it resume, there was a bloodbath, for which we never took any of the credit.

we have use of an air base in SA, the one we built and turned over to them in 2003 i belive.......it is why OBL declared war on us...

we had left how could it be our fault...same rational in rawanda....

Kathianne
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
we have use of an air base in SA, the one we built and turned over to them in 2003 i belive.......it is why OBL declared war on us...

we had left how could it be our fault...same rational in rawanda....

I think we gave that airport totally over to SA, part of the reason we really needed Turkey back when.

manu1959
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I think we gave that airport totally over to SA, part of the reason we really needed Turkey back when.

we did in 2003 .... we are still allowed to use it ....

gabosaurus
04-26-2007, 11:17 PM
what do you think will happen to the people that live there?

Why do you care? Why do any of the Bush apologists care? Don't you consider all of them to be ragheaded terrorist sympathizers? The Iraqis have had four years to develop a free nation. They have no desire to govern or protect themselves.
If the U.S. withdraws, it will be sink or swim. Protect your own country or give it up. The reason the Bush apologists oppose withdrawal is because Bush will be left with the same failed legacy as Lyndon Johnson.

manu1959
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Why do you care? Why do any of the Bush apologists care? Don't you consider all of them to be ragheaded terrorist sympathizers? The Iraqis have had four years to develop a free nation. They have no desire to govern or protect themselves.
If the U.S. withdraws, it will be sink or swim. Protect your own country or give it up. The reason the Bush apologists oppose withdrawal is because Bush will be left with the same failed legacy as Lyndon Johnson.

when you get waht you want....a weak america.....bush will have the same legacy as carter with iran, nixon with vietnam and clinton with somalia and rawanda...

in the future you will want to negotiate with nk and iran and syria and darfur....they will laugh....america talks tough but she has no balls....you say you will kick my ass but i only have to kill 1000 a year and you are done....you have no stomache for the fight to defend your words....

gabosaurus
04-26-2007, 11:34 PM
That is all BS. Other countries mock us because we invaded in the first place. How can the U.S. warn other countries about illegal land grabs if we have done so ourselves?

Bush is the little kid that went over a swatted the hornets nest. We've been getting stung ever since. How many hornet's nests do we wish to swat?
We should not be the world's beekeeper.

04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Don't really care, might even be for the best. The sunni countries like Saudi Arabia wouldn't stand for it then they're would be a bunch of regional fighting and they'd be worried about killing each other instead of us. We'd slip quitely into the background. Only problem is oil prices might jum with all that insecurity in the 3 biggest oil producers in the world.

You think? of course the oil prices would jump. Youd create a regional conflict. Economic unrest in the rest of the world, which will quickly lead to conflict there to.

The left seems to think that if we pull out of Iraq, everything is going to be hunky dory. We will quickly see war between Iran, Turkey, Saudia Arabia, Syria, and whats left of fractions in Iraq. Oil prices would skyrocket, economies would collapse.

You think if European economies collapse we will see peace there? of course not, the Europeans will look for someone to blame. Who are they going to look at? The muslims immigrants of course. And those immigrations who are breeding at far higher rates will over run them in no time. Either that or some Hilter like politician will once again begin mass genocide over Europe.

We will have shown our weakness in the world, China and North Korea will see weakness and the opportunity to strike our allies there. Say goodbye to south Korea and Taiwan and say hello to a remilitarized Japanese nation who will do whatever they can to to defend themselves. Again regional war.

Putin will probably use unrest in all three of these regions to rebuild the Soviet Empire. Meanwhile we will be dealing with our own civil stife. Because this liberal conservative conflict is going to end up in a war of our own if we arent careful. And then we will see all those other nations who will want to kick our asses and rob us.

Our civilization is pretty fragile, and the only reason we have any stability right now is because the US is a lone super power. the second the world begins to think we arent, the second they see weakness, greedy men will begin tearing this world apart at the hope to take our place.

And if you dont think thats possible, study some history sometime.

04-26-2007, 11:39 PM

We didnt just send our military over there to bleed for a bunch of people to turn around and abandon them to the biggest thug on the block.

How do you not care? These are human beings. You want to abandon them to genocide.

The idea that the Iraqis have no desire to govern or protect yourself is a lie. I know because I was talking to legal counsel for the embassy in Iraq the other day. They want to succeed alot, because the alternative is unthinkable.

04-26-2007, 11:41 PM
That is all BS. Other countries mock us because we invaded in the first place. How can the U.S. warn other countries about illegal land grabs if we have done so ourselves?

Bush is the little kid that went over a swatted the hornets nest. We've been getting stung ever since. How many hornet's nests do we wish to swat?
We should not be the world's beekeeper.

Half the countries in the world supported our invasion. The other half dont really give a damn.

Why the heck do you guys like to pretend that 9/11 didn't happen. We didnt start this war. We are just going to win it on all its fronts.

manu1959
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
We didnt just send our military over there to bleed for a bunch of people to turn around and abandon them to the biggest thug on the block.

How do you not care? These are human beings. You want to abandon them to genocide.

The idea that the Iraqis have no desire to govern or protect yourself is a lie. I know because I was talking to legal counsel for the embassy in Iraq the other day. They want to succeed alot, because the alternative is unthinkable.

when bush was killing them we needed to save them....now that nancy and harry want to cut and run....fuck em...they should be able to defend themselves....

diuretic
04-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Oil prices will skyrocket eh? Well I never....:lol: