PDA

View Full Version : Calif. College Offers Scholarship to Illegal Immigrants

red states rule
06-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Is this a trend we wil be seeing as Dems move to ram their amnesty bill thru Congress, and have Obama sign it?

A public community college in California has set up a scholarship fund for immigrant students — including illegal immigrants. The $2,500 scholarship has sparked anger by some, including at least one lawmaker who is threatening to cut off federal funding to the school.

Orange County's Santa Ana College says the controversial new memorial scholarship will be funded by private donations and honors former student Tan Ngoc Tran, a student leader and immigrant-rights activist who transferred to Brown University before she was killed by a drunk driver on May 15.

Students eligible for the new scholarship must have a 3.0 or higher grade point average, demonstrate a financial need and must also be trying to become an American citizen. Those eligible include students holding green cards, students who have permanent residency — and illegal, undocumented immigrants.

The scholarship was announced by the Santa Ana College Foundation at an informal memorial service for Tran held at Santa Ana College on Wednesday, said Laurie Weidner, spokeswoman for the Rancho Santiago Community College District, which governs Santa Ana College.

Weidner repeatedly emphasized to FoxNews.com that no public funds would be used for the scholarship.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/28/calif-college-offers-scholarship-to-illegals/

SassyLady
06-01-2010, 04:35 AM
Is this a trend we wil be seeing as Dems move to ram their amnesty bill thru Congress, and have Obama sign it?

I am OK with it if it comes from private donations and if it is ONLY for legals. I think anything that condones illegal immigration should be eliminated.

red states rule
06-01-2010, 04:37 AM
I am OK with it if it comes from private donations and if it is ONLY for legals. I think anything that condones illegal immigration should be eliminated.

Amnesty is simply the biggest voter drive in American history. This is only the start of the drive. Show them liberals want them, need them, and will open the US taxpayer pockets to fund whatever they want, need, and desire

red states rule
06-01-2010, 05:43 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn0528cd20100528030654.jpg

HogTrash
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Any and all taxpayer funding to the university should be discontinued immediately and charges brought against those responsible for aiding and abetting criminals.

It's time that all good law-abiding American citizens begin demanding that our elected officials and law enforcement personel do their jobs and enforce our laws.

sybarite
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
An illegal woman just got a scholarship from the private college in my city. It's around $15,000.00 per year to attend, so she's getting a nice chunk of money.

Binky
06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn0528cd20100528030654.jpg

Judging from those he has chosen to hang with and those he bows down to, this isn't that far a stretch......:eek:

Binky
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Any and all taxpayer funding to the university should be discontinued immediately and charges brought against those responsible for aiding and abetting criminals.

It's time that all good law-abiding American citizens begin demanding that our elected officials and law enforcement personel do their jobs and enforce our laws.

And then if they don't toss them out of their jobs and put in new.... Everyone is expendable. Seems to me their they've long since worn out their welcome, so to speak....