PDA

View Full Version : Fight on "humanitarian" vessel

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
here's a video available on the internet that might shed some light on who began the aggression......reports indicate that troops boarded the ship for an inspection to see what was being delivered.....the ship had been advised that if there was nothing illegal on board they would be permitted to continue.....when the troops boarded the ship, this is what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo

LiberalNation
06-01-2010, 11:48 AM
suicidal mofos.

Gaffer
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Once again its muslims playing the victim card.

LiberalNation
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
they weren't all muslims on board, christians and even jews go on these missions.

red states rule
06-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Bottom line is, this was not a "peace" ship - and Israel did what they had to do

It was about Turkey's determination to position itself as the leading Muslim state in the Middle East.

Three ships of that six-ship pro-terror convoy flew Turkish flags and were crowded with Turkish citizens. The Ankara government -- led by Islamists these days -- sponsored the "aid" operation in a move to position itself as the new champion of the Palestinians.

And Turkish decision-makers knew Israel would have to react -- and were waiting to exploit the inevitable clash. The provocation was as cynical as it was carefully orchestrated.

The lead vessel, the Mavi Marmara, just happened to have an al-Jazeera TV crew on board to film Israel's response. Ironically, the early videos would've been counterproductive, had world leaders and journalists not been programmed to blame everything on Israel.

Those videos showed Israeli commandos rappelling onto the ship with both hands on the rope (making it rather hard to use a weapon), yet activists claimed the Israelis opened fire as they descended.

Purely by coincidence, dozens of "peace activists" waited with sharpened iron bars, clubs, slingshots -- and rifles. Of course, the nine dead in the melee were all Israel's victims.

The first wave of Israeli commandos reportedly were armed only with paintball rounds for crowd control. Inspect those videos of maddened peaceniks assaulting the soldiers as they landed on deck. You don't see any Israelis pointing rifles -- they're fending off blows.

But the claims of pro-terrorist "peace advocates" are given instant credence.

The US government's initial response was restrained, but Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu understandably canceled his meeting with President Obama, scheduled for today. Bibi's got an emergency on his hands back home, as well-organized protests sweep the Middle East.

Meanwhile, the Europeans and UN bonzes rage at Israel with unseemly relish, but ignore the luxury lifestyles of Gaza's insider elite and the fact that no Palestinian's going hungry. The Israelis had even offered to transfer the aid aboard those ships to the Palestinians -- as long as they could inspect it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/turkish_blood_bath_Jean7yjj5Salz75brRSsMJ#ixzz0peL 4Yw7F

abso
06-16-2010, 10:40 AM
last time i checked, the IDF wasnt appointed as police inspectors in the international waters, so trying to board a ship which carry another country flag while its in the international waters, is piracy, israel could have waited until the ships are in its international waters, then, and only then, they could have done any searching they want, but while the ship in international waters, they have no right to do so.

if a policeman showed up at your door wanting to search your house, you wont let him in without seeing a warrant.

Nukeman
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
last time i checked, the IDF wasnt appointed as police inspectors in the international waters, so trying to board a ship which carry another country flag while its in the international waters, is piracy, israel could have waited until the ships are in its international waters, then, and only then, they could have done any searching they want, but while the ship in international waters, they have no right to do so.

if a policeman showed up at your door wanting to search your house, you wont let him in without seeing a warrant.
Correct but I also wouldn't beat the shit out of him and throw him in the garbage either... that will just tell them I obviously have SOMETHING to hide... Also it will get me prosecuted for battery and obstruction of justice..

abso
06-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Correct but I also wouldn't beat the shit out of him and throw him in the garbage either... that will just tell them I obviously have SOMETHING to hide... Also it will get me prosecuted for battery and obstruction of justice..

that wasnt a policeman, it was an armed IDF commandos, who boarded a turkish ship, which had no weapons at all, and if any ship of them had weapons, i think israel would have found them by now, but they havent found anything, and btw there have been no live fire by anyone from the boats, because they were all unarmed.

but if IDF has no authority there, then its piracy operation, then you cant blame the flotilla people for doing anything they wish, the law clearly states, that if someone entered your property without permission, you have the right to shoot him if he didnt leave, am i right ?

Nukeman
06-16-2010, 11:25 AM
that wasnt a policeman, it was an armed IDF commandos, who boarded a turkish ship, which had no weapons at all, and if any ship of them had weapons, i think israel would have found them by now, but they havent found anything, and btw there have been no live fire by anyone from the boats, because they were all unarmed.

but if IDF has no authority there, then its piracy operation, then you cant blame the flotilla people for doing anything they wish, the law clearly states, that if someone entered your property without permission, you have the right to shoot him if he didnt leave, am i right ?
Actually YOU can blame the "flotilla people". they are HEADING to Isreali controled land and sea port.

Its much like YOU walking down the street telling EVERYONE you meet that YOU are going to come to my house and drop off a shipment of drugs and other UNWANTED stuff and me stopping you a few streets from my house.

Now I "technicly" have NO authority to stop you UNTIL you come on my property however YOU have informed EVERYONE of your intentions so I have every right to protect my property BEFORE YOU reach my property.....

Little-Acorn
06-16-2010, 11:30 AM
trying to board a ship which carry another country flag while its in the international waters, is piracy

The flotilla was announced as having the express purpose of running the legitimate Israeli blockade of Gaza. That comprises an attack on Israel. The IDF was fully justified in stopping and boarding the ships, having a justifiable suspicion that the ships were carrying war materials to people who kept attacking Israel. And then, you may recall, the people on one of the ships attacked the Israeli commandos who boarded. On the rest of the ships, remember, the blockade runers did not attack the Israeli commandos, and so the commandos never opened fire and no one was hurt.

Don't want to get boarded? Don't run a blockade.

Of course, getting boarded (or worse) was the exact purpose of the flotilla from the get-go, not bringing in supplies. Note that when the Israelis offered to bring those supplies to an Israeli port, inspect them, and then bring them to the Gaza residents... the Gaza government (Hamas) refused the supplies.

Bringing in supplies was never its purpose. Provoking Israel to do something rash (such as shelling or sinking the blockade runners) was the purpose of the flotilla... and it failed. Israel did nothing but stop and board the ships, a universally accepted way (except by terrorists) of dealing with blockade runners worldwide. They did not fire on any of the people on any of the ships once they boarded, except on one ship where the blockade runners attacked them first. The supplies were merely a smokescreen, a cover to fake legitimacy, as the Hamas govt showed later.

Nice try. But if you want to denigrate and vilify Jews, you'll have to do better than that.

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2010, 05:48 PM

your argument might carry some weight if we didn't all know that this flotilla was there for the express purpose of violating an embargo that WAS legal.....