PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Talk Show debates wife beating

chloe
06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Pp592rnNbvI

SassyLady
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I think this man is my dad reincarnated. The men in his family were taught that you beat your woman at least once a week to remind her who was the boss. And, my mother, being the independent woman that she was, got beat often. She put up with it for five years, then she started hitting back and after two years of this she left him and took us four kids and ran away.

I think they should show "The Burning Bed" with Farah Fawcett to women in the ME and let the men worry about going to sleep a night.

chloe
06-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I think this man is my dad reincarnated. The men in his family were taught that you beat your woman at least once a week to remind her who was the boss. And, my mother, being the independent woman that she was, got beat often. She put up with it for five years, then she started hitting back and after two years of this she left him and took us four kids and ran away.

I think they should show "The Burning Bed" with Farah Fawcett to women in the ME and let the men worry about going to sleep a night.

Yeah my dad was the same to my stepmom and sister, I pretty much obeyed so I didn't get the wrath that they got. One time he beat my sister so bad her eyes were swollen shut for almost 3 weeks. I like how the women on the talk show were allowed to question the muslim custom and how the muslim guy calls it "therapy" such an interesting choice of words.

06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
And they wonder why they are unpopular.

Mr. P
06-02-2010, 01:15 AM
WOW! I never did LSD but this is a flashback to the 1950s in AMERICA.
Cept no one talked about it back then it was just the understood and accepted way of life. Wonder what religion those folks practiced?

darin
06-02-2010, 05:25 AM
I wonder if they're really talking about soccer...or shopping...

Oh...and That video is hilarious :)

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Cept no one talked about it back then it was just the understood and accepted way of life. Wonder what religion those folks practiced?

If you are talking about my family - they were Baptist....but I don't think they quoted scripture as the reason for the beatings. It was just something that was handed down from one generation to the next.

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I wonder if they're really talking about soccer...or shopping...

Oh...and That video is hilarious :)

I have no idea what you are talking about re soccer/shopping.... but I missed the hilarity of what you saw on the video. To me it was horrifying.

Sanderling
06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about re soccer/shopping.... but I missed the hilarity of what you saw on the video. To me it was horrifying.

I agree. It nauseated me to watch. Utterly sickening.

chloe
06-02-2010, 08:03 PM

I wouldn't know I wasn't around then. I asked my mom and her dad never beat her mom. So maybe you knew people it happened to. My 1st husband used to beat me up but he was no religion, he was just a drug addict and alcoholic. From the video clip it seems to be accepted in the teaching of the muslim religion as a way of discipline as long as you don't break any bones.

Abbey Marie
06-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Accepted way of life? Wow. Not in my world it wasn't. Oh, and our entire family on both sides was Christian.

What religion do you think they practiced? I hadn't heard of a religion other than Islam where such things are part of the beliefs. Pleas enlighten us.

Mr. P
06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Accepted way of life? Wow. Not in my world it wasn't. Oh, and our entire family on both sides was Christian.

What religion do you think they practiced? I hadn't heard of a religion other than Islam where such things are part of the beliefs. Pleas enlighten us.

I donno what religion that's why I asked.

chloe
06-02-2010, 10:47 PM

I donno what religion that's why I asked.

Maybe it was the "Budweiser" or "Jack Daniels" Religion. The men in the video specifically explain how the muslim religion encourages beating your wife as a discipline and part of the religion practices.

It came off that you were implying in America in the 1950's it was a common theme for men to beat there wife and that somehow you wanted to attach religion in america as a reason for it as well.

Mr. P
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Maybe it was the "Budweiser" or "Jack Daniels" Religion. The men in the video specifically explain how the muslim religion encourages beating your wife as a discipline and part of the religion practices.

It came off that you were implying in America in the 1950's it was a common theme for men to beat there wife and that somehow you wanted to attach religion in america as a reason for it as well.

It was accepted. I think it was, maybe 1980, that we as a society got serious about domestic violence. What's the predominate religion in the USA? My implication stands as fact...it was accepted through inaction..Tag it with whatever religion ya want.

chloe
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
It was accepted. I think it was, maybe 1980, that we as a society got serious about domestic violence. What's the predominate religion in the USA? My implication stands as fact...it was accepted through inaction..Tag it with whatever religion ya want.

I don't think that occured because of religion I think it had to do with alcoholism. I haven't heard any religion in the usa talk like the muslim men did in the video clip. But I wasn't around back then so maybe they did. But I asked my mom and she said her parents didn't have that. She also was unaware that is was common.

Mr. P
06-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I don't think that occured because of religion I think it had to do with alcoholism. I haven't heard any religion in the usa talk like the muslim men did in the video clip. But I wasn't around back then so maybe they did. But I asked my mom and she said her parents didn't have that. She also was unaware that is was common.

It wasn't a part of our religious doctrine in the USA, chole. But most of those practicing religion turned away for the most part until about 1980. You've heard of: "see no evil, speak no evil, see no evil"?

chloe
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
It wasn't a part of our religious doctrine in the USA, chole. But most of those practicing religion turned away for the most part until about 1980. You've heard of: "see no evil, speak no evil, see no evil"?

ok I understand that then.

HogTrash
06-03-2010, 06:26 AM
And these ignorant savages refer to us as 'infidels'.

Gaffer
06-03-2010, 07:07 AM
The fifties were a much simpler time in terms of domestic abuse. A man beat his wife her father, brothers or even the local cops would visit him and beat the shit out of him. It served as a deterrent. And in most cases alcohol was involved. Just as drunk drivers were taken home by the cops unless they became belligerent. There was never a worry about assault or being sued for defending yourself or someone else. Physical pain made a person remember not to step out of line again.

HogTrash
06-03-2010, 07:26 AM
The fifties were a much simpler time in terms of domestic abuse. A man beat his wife her father, brothers or even the local cops would visit him and beat the shit out of him. It served as a deterrent. And in most cases alcohol was involved. Just as drunk drivers were taken home by the cops unless they became belligerent. There was never a worry about assault or being sued for defending yourself or someone else. Physical pain made a person remember not to step out of line again.Community outrage goes a long way in detering both criminal and socially unacceptable behavior.

But unfortunately, in the Islamic community, this is not only socially acceptible, but legal as well.

Gaffer
06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Community outrage goes a long way in detering both criminal and socially unacceptable behavior.

But unfortunately, in the Islamic community, this is not only socially acceptible, but legal as well.

That's what makes islam so dangerous.We need to eradicate the liberals so we can concentrate on the real threat of islam.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2010, 01:27 PM

So then you weren't really "asking'. You were certainly shall we say, "strongly inferring" it was Christianity. Why not at least be direct about it?

Abbey Marie
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM

:link:

Mr. P
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
So then you weren't really "asking'. You were certainly shall we say, "strongly inferring" it was Christianity. Why not at least be direct about it?

The truth is, I wanted to see how long it would take for you to puff and get yer panties all knotted up. It didn't take long. :poke: :)

Abbey Marie
06-04-2010, 05:40 PM
The truth is, I wanted to see how long it would take for you to puff and get yer panties all knotted up. It didn't take long. :poke: :)

Still waiting for that link, though.