PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes gun control doesn't work

gabosaurus
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
My best friend Lauren and her husband live in the northwest part of England. Gun ownership is tightly regulated there. But there are still wackos who manage to get hold of weapons and go on a rampage.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Cumbria-Five-dead-as-gunman.6336160.jp

Sitarro
06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
My best friend Lauren and her husband live in the northwest part of England. Gun ownership is tightly regulated there. But there are still wackos who manage to get hold of weapons and go on a rampage.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Cumbria-Five-dead-as-gunman.6336160.jp

Gee, I wonder how your boy Barry would handle this? Probably get a bunch of idiot professors together to theorize what needs to be done and then ban guns altogether. Does this event help you understand how incredibly stupid the push for even more "gun control" is?

KarlMarx
06-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Gun control is something that the Left has been dreaming about since 1968, at least. I remember after Robert F Kennedy was assassinated on June 4th, 1968 (the anniversay is coming up), that gun control was all the rage on the news.

This is a cliche, but it's apt, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them

glockmail
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
How come these rampages never occur at gun shows, shooting ranges, or gun shops?

Here's an idea: why don't we just outlaw loonies?

Binky
06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Gun control is something that the Left has been dreaming about since 1968, at least. I remember after Robert F Kennedy was assassinated on June 4th, 1968 (the anniversay is coming up), that gun control was all the rage on the news.

This is a cliche, but it's apt, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them

And if you outlaw guns only those that wish to control you have the means to do so.....:eek:

Binky
06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
How come these rampages never occur at gun shows, shooting ranges, or gun shops?

Here's an idea: why don't we just outlaw loonies?

Here's another idea.............why don't we start with politicians? :coffee:

Little-Acorn
06-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Sometimes gun control doesn't work

"Sometimes" ?????

Has there ever been a time when gun control laws DID work?

As England has found out to its sorrow, gun control laws only disarm law-abiding citizens. Since England put its virtually total gun ban into place, gun crimes, and violent crimes in general, have skyrocketed. Same thing has happened in Australia.

Yet the leftists keep trying again, and again, and again. Country after country gets turned into an experimental social laboratory to test out their theories... and people die by the hundreds, or even thousands. But the leftists are always careful to NOT check the actual results of their idyllic policies.

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Gabby, do you have any idea how many people are murdered everyday with legally owned guns as opposed to illegally owned guns? I have no idea but it is my belief, until proven otherwise, that most murders are done with illegally obtained guns.

SassyLady
06-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Whether this is true or not I loved his answer!!!

BEST QUOTE OF 2009...BRAVO FOR SHERIFF JUDD...

Gotta admire the man for being honest.

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun.....After he shot at them, SWAT team officers open fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker.

Naturally, the media went nuts and asked why they shot the
poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel:

Talk about an all-time classic answer.

'Because that's all the ammunition we had.'

Binky
06-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Now that's funny...................

NightTrain
06-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Now, if only you had the mental capacity to follow your thought through to its logical conclusion, you'd see how asinine the theory of gun control is.

I won't be holding my breath.

:slap: