PDA

View Full Version : White House Faces Fresh Questions Over Back-Room Dealmaking

red states rule
06-03-2010, 05:05 AM
The plot thickens as more bribes and back room deals come to light

The White House faced fresh questions over back-room dealmaking after a Democrat acknowledged he had been encouraged by one of President Barack Obama's top advisers to apply for an international development job instead of challenging the candidate whom the president favored in a Senate race.

The revelation again called into question repeated promises by Obama to run an open government that was above private political horse-trading. In appealing to voters this election year, Republicans charge that Obama's promise to change the ways of Washington has given way to the craven politics he campaigned against.

Former Colorado House of Representatives Speaker Andrew Romanoff on Wednesday night released a copy of an e-mail in which White House deputy chief of staff Jim Messina described three federal international development jobs that might be available to him if he were not challenging Sen. Michael Bennet for the Democratic nomination.

"He added that he could not guarantee my appointment to any of these positions," Romanoff said in a statement. "At no time was I promised a job, nor did I request Mr. Messina's assistance in obtaining one."

Earlier in the day, a White House official said no formal offer was ever made and insisted there was nothing inappropriate in the contacts -- a bit of rhetoric familiar after the White House admitted last week that it orchestrated a job offer to Senate candidate Joe Sestak in the Pennsylvania primary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/02/administration-offered-possible-job-primary-challenger-colorado-sources-say/

CSM
06-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Just the new transparency in government Osama ... oops.... I mean Obama promised coming to the forefront. It does make me wonder how his supporters are liking the way we got away from "politics as usual".

red states rule
06-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Just the new transparency in government Osama ... oops.... I mean Obama promised coming to the forefront. It does make me wonder how his supporters are liking the way we got away from "politics as usual".

My liberal co-worker shrugs and says "everybody does it". When I counter with how Obama promised to change the way things are done in Washingron - he has NOTHING to say

After a few seconds he starts talking about Gov Palin, the oil spill, or anything he can think of to try and change the subject

That sums up all the Obama supporters have left

namvet
06-03-2010, 08:54 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2usil90.jpg