PDA

View Full Version : Send 'em a white feather

stephanie
04-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Reader and Vietnam Vet Jack Haley e-mails:

The White Feather has been a symbol for cowardice. I suggest that white feathers be sent to the leaders of the Senate and House for the cowardly vote that abandons our soldiers around the world.
I was in Vietnam the day that the 101st took "Hamburger Hill" -- the headline in the Stars and Stripes was Teddy Kennedy's statement to the effect that it was all such a waste. I am sure it raised the spirits of the folks on top of the hill -- I know it gave my morale a boost. Surely these leaders of our country will head out on a USO tour to encourage the troops further.

As far as I am concerned this is a Congress of Quislings.
http://michellemalkin.com/

The NRSC Pledge..
http://truthlaidbear.com/thenrscpledge/

33,899 people have signed The Pledge thus far. Will you?

If the United States Senate passes a resolution, non-binding or otherwise, that criticizes the commitment of additional troops to Iraq that General Petraeus has asked for and that the president has pledged, and if the Senate does so after the testimony of General Petraeus on January 23 that such a resolution will be an encouragement to the enemy, I will not contribute to any Republican senator who voted for the resolution. Further, if any Republican senator who votes for such a resolution is a candidate for re-election in 2008, I will not contribute to the National Republican Senatorial Committee unless the Chairman of that Committee, Senator Ensign, commits in writing that none of the funds of the NRSC will go to support the re-election of any senator supporting the non-binding resolution.

diuretic
04-27-2007, 04:49 AM
I've got a better idea. Send white feathers to the Chickenhawk Chorus instead, the urgers that salivate over war without doing a damn thing about it themselves. Perhaps the first feather could go to the pilonidal cyst sufferer Rush Limbaugh. You can follow up with the other well-known chickenhawks. Better get a lot of doves though, going to need many, many white feathers.

Hobbit
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I've got a better idea. Send white feathers to the Chickenhawk Chorus instead, the urgers that salivate over war without doing a damn thing about it themselves. Perhaps the first feather could go to the pilonidal cyst sufferer Rush Limbaugh. You can follow up with the other well-known chickenhawks. Better get a lot of doves though, going to need many, many white feathers.

And in the FIRST reply, we already have somebody dragging out the fallacy that you are not allowed to support a war unless you are a combat veteran. You're full of crap.

Roomy
04-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Exactly, I support the troops, I don't think of myself as a coward, but I ain't gonna do what they have to do
for wages.Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

diuretic
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
And in the FIRST reply, we already have somebody dragging out the fallacy that you are not allowed to support a war unless you are a combat veteran. You're full of crap.

I'm not a combat veteran and I opposed the invasion and occupation.

I am full of crap.

A couple of times a day.

Like you.

And everyone else not cursed with a colostomy bag.

:finger3:

Joe Steel
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM

That's right.

If you're not ready to put yourself in danger, you've got no business putting someone else in danger.

Anyone who supports a war but doesn't volunteer to fight in it is the lowest kind of human vermin.

TheStripey1
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Reader and Vietnam Vet Jack Haley e-mails:

The White Feather has been a symbol for cowardice. I suggest that white feathers be sent to the leaders of the Senate and House for the cowardly vote that abandons our soldiers around the world.
I was in Vietnam the day that the 101st took "Hamburger Hill" -- the headline in the Stars and Stripes was Teddy Kennedy's statement to the effect that it was all such a waste. I am sure it raised the spirits of the folks on top of the hill -- I know it gave my morale a boost. Surely these leaders of our country will head out on a USO tour to encourage the troops further.

They passed the bill... and will send it up to bush on the fourth anniversary of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... but bush has promised to veto it... so who is more deserving of that white feather? Those that provided the president with a spending bill or the president that doesn't want that one?

Hobbit
04-27-2007, 04:16 PM
That's right.

If you're not ready to put yourself in danger, you've got no business putting someone else in danger.

Anyone who supports a war but doesn't volunteer to fight in it is the lowest kind of human vermin.

Let me put this to you delicately. They volunteered. They were not 'sent,' nor were they 'placed' in harm's way. They placed themselves in harm's way, voluntarily. Not everybody is that brave, but that doesn't mean that they aren't allowed to have the common sense to see when war is necessary. You're so full of crap, your tears stink.

manu1959
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
That's right.

and you get a vote in this why?

diuretic
04-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Let me put this to you delicately. They volunteered. They were not 'sent,' nor were they 'placed' in harm's way. They placed themselves in harm's way, voluntarily. Not everybody is that brave, but that doesn't mean that they aren't allowed to have the common sense to see when war is necessary. You're so full of crap, your tears stink.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is, I think, how the military works.

1. People volunteer to join.
2. They get trained.
3. They get sent wherever they are needed.
4. They have no say in 3.

So if that's right - and I'd appreciate a critique on that - no-one volunteered for Iraq, they were sent. That includes National Guard personnel.

The private security contractors are volunteers who actually did volunteer to serve in Iraq. I knew two of them. They signed up because of the big money.

Gaffer
04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is, I think, how the military works.

1. People volunteer to join.
2. They get trained.
3. They get sent wherever they are needed.
4. They have no say in 3.

So if that's right - and I'd appreciate a critique on that - no-one volunteered for Iraq, they were sent. That includes National Guard personnel.

The private security contractors are volunteers who actually did volunteer to serve in Iraq. I knew two of them. They signed up because of the big money.

I AM A COMBAT VET! The troops are doing what needs to be done. The wimpy congress is trying to undermine them. I think every congressmen that voted for that bill needs a white feather. And that feather has to be given back ONLY AFTER they show real courage.

1. People volunteered. Which means they are not victims which is what you and the libs want to make them out to be.

The get trained. Very extensive training which is why we have the best military in the world and not a bunch of cannon fodder.

3. They get sent whereever they are needed. As they are trained in combat that is usually where they go. When not in combat, they are training for the next combat mission.

4. They say it when they enlist. They know exactly what they are doing when they join. You won't join because you would have to put your ass on the line. You would rather sit here and bash the ones that will join, and the administration, and hate America.

We could definately use a white feather icon here now.

diuretic
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I AM A COMBAT VET! The troops are doing what needs to be done. The wimpy congress is trying to undermine them. I think every congressmen that voted for that bill needs a white feather. And that feather has to be given back ONLY AFTER they show real courage.

As combat vet you would be well aware of how it works then. Did I get it right?

The troops are doing what they are told to do.

1. People volunteered. Which means they are not victims which is what you and the libs want to make them out to be.

The get trained. Very extensive training which is why we have the best military in the world and not a bunch of cannon fodder.

I said they volunteered. Did you read it?
Yes they get trained, very extensive training and yes I've heared the claim about the best military in the world. So how's the track record - what was your last victory? :lol:

3. They get sent whereever they are needed. As they are trained in combat that is usually where they go. When not in combat, they are training for the next combat mission.

Well I never, got that right didn't I?

4. They say it when they enlist. They know exactly what they are doing when they join. You won't join because you would have to put your ass on the line. You would rather sit here and bash the ones that will join, and the administration, and hate America.

You know nothing about me, what I've done or what I'm doing now. You have a projection problem. Your own inadequacies are being foisted on me. Don't do it.

Now show me where I have criticised anyone who joined up. No? Put up or shut up.

We could definately use a white feather icon here now.

You'll have to do a lot better than that if you want to be taken seriously by me.

stephanie
04-27-2007, 11:38 PM
OUR DEMOCRAT CONGRESS...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/whitefeather.jpg

Sitarro
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
They passed the bill... and will send it up to bush on the fourth anniversary of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... but bush has promised to veto it... so who is more deserving of that white feather? Those that provided the president with a spending bill or the president that doesn't want that one?

So the disingenuos Dems load up a war spending bill with all sorts of crap that they know that a real leader will tear to shreds and tell them to stick up their useless asses and we the people are suppose to believe they are sincere? Please, they are only going to convince the brain dead that already agree with them. What's obvious to all of us thinkers, all the great guys and gals serving in the Military and their families is that the Democrats are using our brave protectors as political fodder and that will be remembered. The Commander In Chief asked for the money to keep our guys effective and safe and the Democrats are playing political games with their lives and their well being. You guys are ignoring the truth and playing your own political games.....keep it up. Senator Lieberman in so very close to moving to the otherside of the aisle, he seems to be the only Democrat with enough brains to recognize the threat....keep giving him more reasons to be ashamed of his party.

Oh and to answer Loose, yes, the Cold War was very real to all of us that lived through it. Going through the non-effective drills in school and waiting for nuclear attack any day. The lucky few that you knew that had the money to build their own bomb shelters, that asswipe Kruschev banging his shoe on the podium claiming that they would bury us, that was as real as anything you can imagine.....not just some paragraph in a history book.

stephanie
04-28-2007, 02:44 AM
So the disingenuos Dems load up a war spending bill with all sorts of crap that they know that a real leader will tear to shreds and tell them to stick up their useless asses and we the people are suppose to believe they are sincere? Please, they are only going to convince the brain dead that already agree with them. What's obvious to all of us thinkers, all the great guys and gals serving in the Military and their families is that the Democrats are using our brave protectors as political fodder and that will be remembered. The Commander In Chief asked for the money to keep our guys effective and safe and the Democrats are playing political games with their lives and their well being. You guys are ignoring the truth and playing your own political games.....keep it up. Senator Lieberman in so very close to moving to the other side of the aisle, he seems to be the only Democrat with enough brains to recognize the threat....keep giving him more reasons to be ashamed of his party.

Oh and to answer Loose, yes, the Cold War was very real to all of us that lived through it. Going through the non-effective drills in school and waiting for nuclear attack any day. The lucky few that you knew that had the money to build their own bomb shelters, that asswipe Kruschev banging his shoe on the podium claiming that they would bury us, that was as real as anything you can imagine.....not just some paragraph in a history book.

And.......don't forget..
The Democrats are turning over that new Leif.....Of no more pork barrel spending........

I live in Alaska.....and all I continue hear about......Is that Bridge to Nowhere.......

But the New..and improved Dems....in Congress...and all them new Dem voters.......
Don't f@WWking mind all this pork in this bill...........Because????"?????

Because it will put down....our military, it will gain the new non porker Democrats a way to put down this President..
And here is thef##king best one of all...
they don't care it does to our military men and women out in the field...

Because...... heres the JOYFUL NEWS......
It will gain the Democrats in Congress, new seats in the 2008 elections.........
yea......:dance:

t Democratic strategists also believe that repeated votes on the war will allow the party to expand its congressional majorities in next year's elections by continuing to link GOP lawmakers with the president and his war policies.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=47132#post47132

sad.......:salute:

Joe Steel
04-28-2007, 06:49 AM

They didn't volunteer to be exploited, to have their lives wasted for someone's delusions. Those who hold those delusions should risk their own worthless lives.

Gaffer
04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
As combat vet you would be well aware of how it works then. Did I get it right?

I am well aware of what the troops go through. And that they know what they signed up for. I am aware that the troops are being used by the libs as a political tool. The libs are trying to make them appear as victims. Without draftees there is no victim class in the military

The troops are doing what they are told to do.

That's what they sign up for. To do what they are told to do, by the CIC. Not by the congress. Those that don't want to do that will get out after their enlistment is up.

I said they volunteered. Did you read it?
Yes they get trained, very extensive training and yes I've heared the claim about the best military in the world. So how's the track record - what was your last victory? :lol:

The track record for the military is excellent. How's congress's track record?

Well I never, got that right didn't I?

You know nothing about me, what I've done or what I'm doing now. You have a projection problem. Your own inadequacies are being foisted on me. Don't do it.

Your right, I know nothing about you. But your taking on the liberal cause here. I don't know much about you as your new here. You seem to be articulate and don't start personal attacks when questioned, based on what I have read in your posts so far. I don't project anything. I tell it as it is.

Now show me where I have criticised anyone who joined up. No? Put up or shut up.

You haven't critised the military, just those that support them. Those that support the war effort and the troops are chickenhawks. We should all join up and go fight. Well many of us here did. And without the chickenhawks you would not have the freedom you have now. Liberals will never fight "FOR' the country, they will only try to get the country.

You'll have to do a lot better than that if you want to be taken seriously by me.

I don't care if you ever take me seriously.

diuretic
04-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Good because this is just an internet forum - albeit an interesting one. And yes I do get a bit wound up and I 'll hand it out if anyone chucks it at me and I get a bit pointed but - I don't want to attack the person, if I do then call me up - really, call me up - and show me my hypocrisy and if it's proven then I'll acknowledge it.

Hobbit
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
They didn't volunteer to be exploited, to have their lives wasted for someone's delusions. Those who hold those delusions should risk their own worthless lives.

Go ask a soldier if he thinks he's being exploited or if he's proud of what he does. Then, when you're stupid enough to tell him how he's just a dupe of the Bush administration, gimme a call and I'll drive you to the hospital.

diuretic
04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Go ask a soldier if he thinks he's being exploited or if he's proud of what he does. Then, when you're stupid enough to tell him how he's just a dupe of the Bush administration, gimme a call and I'll drive you to the hospital.

How would the soldier know if he's being exploited?
What part of his work should he be proud of and what should he be ashamed of?

Hobbit
04-28-2007, 02:12 PM

If you have to ask, no answer I can give will ever satisfy you. You seem to think our Army is zombies, and as cool as that would be, it's not true. They have brains and they read the news just like everybody else, except after they read the news, they go kick some ass.

Sitarro
04-28-2007, 10:10 PM

These two questions reveal more about you than you could have possibly meant to say.:laugh2:

diuretic
04-28-2007, 11:29 PM
If you have to ask, no answer I can give will ever satisfy you. You seem to think our Army is zombies, and as cool as that would be, it's not true. They have brains and they read the news just like everybody else, except after they read the news, they go kick some ass.

No I don't think anyone's army is composed of zombies, not even the Russian Army which by all accounts is an extremely brutal one (brutal to its own I mean). I think your mind-reading career is over. You failed at it.

But I hope somehow your post has made you feel better. I don't begrudge anyone who finds it difficult to analyse an argument and construct a counter-argument finding a bit of relief from their inner tension by having a mental wank as you have done. But be moderate, I'm told it makes you go blind.

diuretic
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
These two questions reveal more about you than you could have possibly meant to say.:laugh2:

As for you. Well I'll explain it to you because my point obviously went right over your head. Now put that comic book aside and follow my argument.

1. How would the soldier know if he's being exploited? Really, how would the soldier know? You've jumped into the argument now come up with a rebuttal. A whole nation, nay several nations, bought the "Saddam has WMD" line because they believed your president. They believed their president because, well, you don't go around thinking, ah my president is lying to me, do you? Except for Bush the jig is up. 28% support. Uh-oh. What happened to the political capital? Now given just about your entire nation was sucked in by the bullshit from Bush, how would a soldier know he was being exploited? No hope, none at all. If the politicians says it, the media keeps repeating it and his officers tell him it's so, that he's not being exploited, that he's going into danger for the noblest of purposes, then I ask you, how would the soldier know? In your response you have just pissed over your own troops. Congratulations I'm sure they'll be overjoyed with your support.

2. What part of his work should he be proud of and what should he be ashamed of? No answer from you or from Hobbit, just a pathetic little snipe from you revealing not only that you can't think of an answer but you have to cover up your inadequacy by aiming some sort of slur at me. I asked two questons and neither of you have the ability to answer. You are pathetic, the pair of you. I'd be ashamed to see my so-called thoughts on a forum if I were either of you.

And you know something? Now don't get upset but....I really don't give a shit what you think about me. So laugh your vapid (that means "empty" or "vacant" ) laughter, can you hear the echo?

Hobbit
04-29-2007, 02:08 AM
As for you. Well I'll explain it to you because my point obviously went right over your head. Now put that comic book aside and follow my argument.

1. How would the soldier know if he's being exploited? Really, how would the soldier know? You've jumped into the argument now come up with a rebuttal. A whole nation, nay several nations, bought the "Saddam has WMD" line because they believed your president. They believed their president because, well, you don't go around thinking, ah my president is lying to me, do you? Except for Bush the jig is up. 28% support. Uh-oh. What happened to the political capital? Now given just about your entire nation was sucked in by the bullshit from Bush, how would a soldier know he was being exploited? No hope, none at all. If the politicians says it, the media keeps repeating it and his officers tell him it's so, that he's not being exploited, that he's going into danger for the noblest of purposes, then I ask you, how would the soldier know? In your response you have just pissed over your own troops. Congratulations I'm sure they'll be overjoyed with your support.

2. What part of his work should he be proud of and what should he be ashamed of? No answer from you or from Hobbit, just a pathetic little snipe from you revealing not only that you can't think of an answer but you have to cover up your inadequacy by aiming some sort of slur at me. I asked two questons and neither of you have the ability to answer. You are pathetic, the pair of you. I'd be ashamed to see my so-called thoughts on a forum if I were either of you.

And you know something? Now don't get upset but....I really don't give a shit what you think about me. So laugh your vapid (that means "empty" or "vacant" ) laughter, can you hear the echo?

I already told you that if you must ask the question, no answer will satisfy you. It's so obvious to me why a soldier should be proud of what he does that I don't even know how to begin to explain it to somebody who somehow doesn't see 'soldier' as a worthy profession. Oh, and if you, somehow, 'know' that the soldiers are being exploited, then they'd have figured it out by now. They're smart and they get to read much of the same news that you do.

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 02:03 PM
I am not paying attention to Malkin until she stops foaming at the mouth.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 03:58 PM
I already told you that if you must ask the question, no answer will satisfy you. It's so obvious to me why a soldier should be proud of what he does that I don't even know how to begin to explain it to somebody who somehow doesn't see 'soldier' as a worthy profession. Oh, and if you, somehow, 'know' that the soldiers are being exploited, then they'd have figured it out by now. They're smart and they get to read much of the same news that you do.

Try me, you might come up with a response I can seriously consider.

You assume too much about me, don't do that. Where did I ever say that the profession of arms was unworthy?

Yes, a few brave soldiers are writing to Stars and Stripes and to other publications outside the military expressing their misgivings. They're not stupid, they know what's happening.

Joe Steel
04-30-2007, 07:15 PM

Why do you think a violent response would change anything?

gabosaurus
04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Never respond to Hobbit. He lives in a different world than the rest of us.

Hobbit
04-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Try me, you might come up with a response I can seriously consider.

You assume too much about me, don't do that. Where did I ever say that the profession of arms was unworthy?

Yes, a few brave soldiers are writing to Stars and Stripes and to other publications outside the military expressing their misgivings. They're not stupid, they know what's happening.

Ok, I'll give it a try, and ignore the two jackasses directly below you.

You seem to be looking for answers. They're just seeking self-gratification at the expense of others, and their ears are closed to anything they do not wish to hear.

Every soldier I have talked to about it has told me that they are very proud to serve in Iraq because of all the good they do and see done. They help put up schools, build hospitals, and they see the looks on the Iraqis' faces as they build their own future. They're proud to protect the new Iraq from terrorists who would tear it down in a second if they could. They tell me the warm feeling in their hearts when the Iraqis personally thank them for everything can't be matched. Then they come home on leave and see people talk about how the soldiers are all being duped and how we'll never succeed in Iraq (or we've already lost), and that fills them with both rage and sorrow. Rage at the fact that these people have no faith in them. Rage at the fact that this tells the terrorists to just keep it up, because they're winning. Rage at the fact that these people would rather abandon all they have fought for just because it's not going quite fast enough. Then there's the sorrow at the idea of seeing their hard work abandoned at the whims of people who either don't get it or don't want to get it.

lily
04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=Hobbit;49576]Ok, I'll give it a try, and ignore the two jackasses directly below you.

Every soldier I have talked to about it has told me that they are very proud to serve in Iraq because of all the good they do and see done. They help put up schools, build hospitals, and they see the looks on the Iraqis' faces as they build their own future. They're proud to protect the new Iraq from terrorists who would tear it down in a second if they could. They tell me the warm feeling in their hearts when the Iraqis personally thank them for everything can't be matched.

I don't mean to nit-pick at your sincere post, but how can they be doing all of this and fight at the same time?

Hobbit
05-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't mean to nit-pick at your sincere post, but how can they be doing all of this and fight at the same time?

No offense taken.

They're not doing a whole lot of fighting right now outside of the Baghdad area. They're more there to keep order than to shoot people, so they help contractors and Iraqis build and maintain infastructure. They're fully armed and prepared to take on terrorists most of the time, but they're not walking a beat.

On a side note, do recall how the National Guard (which is being used to soldier the quieter areas of the country) is often called upon for such things as disaster relief. There's also the Army Corps of Engineers.

stephanie
05-01-2007, 12:59 AM

diuretic
05-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Ok, I'll give it a try, and ignore the two jackasses directly below you.

You seem to be looking for answers. They're just seeking self-gratification at the expense of others, and their ears are closed to anything they do not wish to hear.

Every soldier I have talked to about it has told me that they are very proud to serve in Iraq because of all the good they do and see done. They help put up schools, build hospitals, and they see the looks on the Iraqis' faces as they build their own future. They're proud to protect the new Iraq from terrorists who would tear it down in a second if they could. They tell me the warm feeling in their hearts when the Iraqis personally thank them for everything can't be matched. Then they come home on leave and see people talk about how the soldiers are all being duped and how we'll never succeed in Iraq (or we've already lost), and that fills them with both rage and sorrow. Rage at the fact that these people have no faith in them. Rage at the fact that this tells the terrorists to just keep it up, because they're winning. Rage at the fact that these people would rather abandon all they have fought for just because it's not going quite fast enough. Then there's the sorrow at the idea of seeing their hard work abandoned at the whims of people who either don't get it or don't want to get it.

Okay, thanks for responding constructively, it is appreciated.

I can understand the soldiers' views. But there's a disconnect here - and this is a bit of pissant sophistry to try and win a discussion - between the soldiers' micro, on the ground view and the overall, strategic nature of the ops there. We're all cogs in someone else's big wheel and we don't always get the big picture. One thing they need to know - it's not their fault, they haven't failed, they've been given an impossible task by people who should have known better. The blame lies with the top.

diuretic
05-01-2007, 01:48 AM

Good for you, external validation is bullshit anyway.

stephanie
05-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Good for you, external validation is bullshit anyway.

???

diuretic
05-01-2007, 05:22 AM
???

Sorry, meaning that no-one needs to have someone else tell them they're okay. Gaffer doesn't care if I take him (presuming Gaffer is male) seriously or not. Good for him. My view of him isn't and shouldn't be of concern to him at all. That's a positive stance to take.

I feel the need to state that this is not sarcasm, irony, a Mr smarty-pants comment or anything other than how it reads.

That doesn't mean I won't do my best to criticise Gaffer's arguments, I'm no-one's cheer squad, but it's not personal.

stephanie
05-01-2007, 05:41 AM

diuretic
05-01-2007, 05:50 AM
Stephanie, posting photos instead of words is really tiresome. If you want to call me a coward then do so.

CockySOB
05-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Stephanie, posting photos instead of words is really tiresome. If you want to call me a coward then do so.

I don't think Stephanie has ever been big on using words to convey her thoughts, a personal idiosyncrasy I suppose. Each to their own.

Come to think of it, it IS kinda interesting. Kinda like conversing via pictographs or perhaps hieroglyphs.

diuretic
05-01-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm not picking on her and if it's how she wants to communicate at times then thanks, I appreciate your advice.

Stephanie

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/diuretic_album/PeaceDove.jpg

All you other bludgers, forget it, it's war with you lot :finger3:

diuretic
05-01-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm out of this thread though. I can be found being hard to get on with elsewhere in the forums.

stephanie
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm not picking on her and if it's how she wants to communicate at times then thanks, I appreciate your advice.

Stephanie

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/diuretic_album/PeaceDove.jpg

All you other bludgers, forget it, it's war with you lot :finger3:

I love that picture.....Thanks..:cheers2:

GW in Ohio
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Hold on there, pally. Yes, it's a volunteer army, but they didn't sign up to do extended tours of duty in the most dangerous area of the world.

The Bush team is forcibly extending their tours beyond the normal 11 months because the shitheads who are running this administration got us into a war for which there was no valid reason, and for which we did not have adequate manpower.

So because the morons who ordered up this senseless war didn't have a fucking clue what they were getting us into, they are forcing our people to do extended tours of duty under extremely stressful circumstances, while they sit on their fat asses in Washington and eat gourmet meals cooked up by the White House chefs.

lily
05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
No offense taken.

They're not doing a whole lot of fighting right now outside of the Baghdad area. They're more there to keep order than to shoot people, so they help contractors and Iraqis build and maintain infastructure. They're fully armed and prepared to take on terrorists most of the time, but they're not walking a beat.

This still isn't making any sense, Hobbit. Why would trained soldiers be helping the contractors that are being paid tons of money to build and maintain infrastructure? I mean I could see the Army Corps of Engineers helping out, but not trained soldiers, whose tours are being extended. Also I would think that Iraqi citizens would be doing those type of jobs. It would give them a sense of pride, give them a paycheck which would in turn be spent in the city they were working on and then the city would prosper. Sorry, it still doesn't make sense that trained soldiers are doing this.

lily
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't think Stephanie has ever been big on using words to convey her thoughts, a personal idiosyncrasy I suppose. Each to their own.

Come to think of it, it IS kinda interesting. Kinda like conversing via pictographs or perhaps hieroglyphs.

Yeah, well it seems like she's got a stutter.:laugh2:

stephanie
05-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, well it seems like she's got a stutter.:laugh2:

:laugh2: It was more like a hiccup..

Hobbit
05-01-2007, 10:17 PM
This still isn't making any sense, Hobbit. Why would trained soldiers be helping the contractors that are being paid tons of money to build and maintain infrastructure? I mean I could see the Army Corps of Engineers helping out, but not trained soldiers, whose tours are being extended. Also I would think that Iraqi citizens would be doing those type of jobs. It would give them a sense of pride, give them a paycheck which would in turn be spent in the city they were working on and then the city would prosper. Sorry, it still doesn't make sense that trained soldiers are doing this.

Well, I haven't been there, and I'm afraid I haven't interrogated anyone who has to the extent that I can answer this question. I'll get back to you if I learn anything new.

lily
05-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, I haven't been there, and I'm afraid I haven't interrogated anyone who has to the extent that I can answer this question. I'll get back to you if I learn anything new.

Fair enough!

diuretic
05-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I love that picture.....Thanks..:cheers2:

Just came in to say you're welcome, going back to other threads now to be a pain.