PDA

View Full Version : Boehner to Bashing Beatle: Apologize!

-Cp
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcLEfMhTkHs&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcLEfMhTkHs&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sir Paul McCartney's cheap shot aimed at former President George W. Bush at a White House event on Wednesday has prompted House Minority Leader John Boehner to demand an apology from the Beatle.

McCartney literally gushed over President Obama throughout his East Room concert. “Getting this prize would just be good enough, but getting it from this president…” McCartney said letting his praise trail off as if there were vast volumes left unsaid.

The prize McCartney was given is the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, a lifetime achievement award bestowed by the Library of Congress.

McCartney ended the evening taking a baseless cheap shot at former President George W. Bush.

“After the last eight years, it’s great to have a President who knows what a library is,” McCartney quipped.

When did decorum go out of style?

“Like millions of other Americans, I have always had a good impression of Paul McCartney and thought of him as a classy guy, but I was surprised and disappointed by the lack of grace and respect he displayed at the White House,” Boehner told HUMAN EVENTS. “I hope he'll apologize to the American people for his conduct which demeaned him, the White House and President Obama.”

McCartney is the third recipient of the Gershwin Prize. Hailing from England and having earned no university degrees of his own, the Beatle may not know W. was the first American president to earn a master’s degree in business administration. (The fact the MBA is from Harvard really irks the left.) Not to mention Bush is married to a librarian.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37350

Binky
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I saw that and about puked. What an idiot! What, pray tell, makes this president so great that McCartney damn near bent down and kissed BO's shoes? And this is the crapola that gets media attention. This country is in some serious trouble...

Insein
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I could care less if he apologized. You knew Paul was a hippy. This just confirms his derangement. Let him speak his mind. Thats what we do here in America.

Gaffer
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
He can speak his mind, but I won't buy anything he produces ever again. I always knew he was a hippie, but he never showed colors like this before. Hope he has lots of failed business deals and even worse relationships than he had before. Fuck him.

06-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Who cares what he thinks? Let's just ignore these publicity hounds and do whats important.

krisy
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
What a jackass! It was such a classless thing to do. I'm so tired of these famous a$$holes speaking their mind. I saw Greenday on the Tonight Show a while back and the singer was running his mouth too. I agree they have their right to speak....it just makes me want to put my fingers in my ears and go lalalalalalalala

Sitarro
06-04-2010, 10:00 PM
What is funny about artist and musicians siding against half of the country is that they are siding with the ones with the least ability to buy their work, insanely stupid marketing wise. I have been a McCartney and Santana fan since the late sixties, I've paid to see Santana 11 times and McCartney 3 times along with purchasing all of their albums twice in LP and CD formats. The money has dried up, I will not support either of these idiots again.

I walked out of a Santana concert in September of last year when he started a rampage against President Bush and praising the saver of the planet ....... Obama, it cost e a hundred bucks which the Hard Rock in Vegas refused to refund. If the music wouldn't have sucked so bad his bullshit might have been excusable but he and the band along with the sound in the arena sucked!

krisy
06-04-2010, 10:10 PM
What is funny about artist and musicians siding against half of the country is that they are siding with the ones with the least ability to buy their work, insanely stupid marketing wise. I have been a McCartney and Santana fan since the late sixties, I've paid to see Santana 11 times and McCartney 3 times along with purchasing all of their albums twice in LP and CD formats. The money has dried up, I will not support either of these idiots again.

I walked out of a Santana concert in September of last year when he started a rampage against President Bush and praising the saver of the planet ....... Obama, it cost e a hundred bucks which the Hard Rock in Vegas refused to refund. If the music wouldn't have sucked so bad his bullshit might have been excusable but he and the band along with the sound in the arena sucked!

Thats the worst thing of all for them to do. Run their mouth at concerts where people paid money to hear music....not political opinions. They seem to think everyone agrees with them.

chloe
06-04-2010, 10:11 PM
He's not even an American :lame2:

Gaffer
06-04-2010, 10:28 PM

That's the other factor that pisses me off. Unless he's changed residence recently he makes his home in Ireland now.

chloe
06-04-2010, 10:36 PM
That's the other factor that pisses me off. Unless he's changed residence recently he makes his home in Ireland now.

Yeah he is stuck in the 60's.

Gaffer
06-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah he is stuck in the 60's.

I thought he was more sensible than that. Big disappointment. I think its time everyone start boycotting all the entertainers and media and pull them off their high horses.

chloe
06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought he was more sensible than that. Big disappointment. I think its time everyone start boycotting all the entertainers and media and pull them off their high horses.

It doesn't bother me if a celebrity speaks out but that guy is not an american so he needs to go back to his country and worry about his countries problems. Here is an American Celebrity speaking his personal opinion.

5JwAkS5gpsE

Gaffer
06-04-2010, 11:01 PM
It doesn't bother me if a celebrity speaks out but that guy is not an american so he needs to go back to his country and worry about his countries problems. Here is an American Celebrity speaking his personal opinion.

5JwAkS5gpsE

Folks like Voight are few in hollywood. And when they do speak out they tend not to work a lot. There is a non-commie blacklist there now days. Joe McCarthy was right.

SassyLady
06-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I like The Black Belt Patriot Chuck Norris!!!

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/veg43Ocd8jc"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/veg43Ocd8jc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Binky
06-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Thats the worst thing of all for them to do. Run their mouth at concerts where people paid money to hear music....not political opinions. They seem to think everyone agrees with them.

Or they seem to think people paid to hear their blather rather than their music. Arrogant assholes and blithering idiots....

Binky
06-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of non american idiots that open their mouths and speil hate about America. Time to wire their jaws shut.....:coffee:

Binky
06-05-2010, 09:03 AM

That's pretty much what I have done over the years anyway. They love to speil their crapola as tho' they had an intelligent thought coming out of their head. What gets me is half these idiots don't even live in the US., and have forgotten how good this country has been to them. They open their mouths and bam, out comes verbal weapons to slash us with.....

People want to boycott something, now would be a great time to boycott celebrities that love to speil their crapola at America......

Binky
06-05-2010, 09:12 AM

5JwAkS5gpsE

Kudos to Mr. Voight for stepping up to the plate and telling the people how it is. He is not afraid of reprisals. He is afraid of what is being done to our beloved country. He is a true patriotic American citizen. That's far more than I can say of over half the people that work in congress and the rest of the gov't.....They seek to tear down, demoralize and take over.

Binky
06-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I like The Black Belt Patriot Chuck Norris!!!

The thing about bringing the manufacturing jobs back into the country is this..... The powers that be don't want to. They have no intention of doing so....Reason being is that they are striving to make America a service country where we no longer PRODUCE anything, but rather offer a service. You know...........pay someone to stand over you and scratch your ass......

SassyLady
06-05-2010, 11:11 AM
The thing about bringing the manufacturing jobs back into the country is this..... The powers that be don't want to. They have no intention of doing so....Reason being is that they are striving to make America a service country where we no longer PRODUCE anything, but rather offer a service. You know...........pay someone to stand over you and scratch your ass......

My husband, who is a soldier, bless is heart, has been after me for years to get a government job...........I told him I just can't work for a company that doesn't produce a product for profit.

I'm not aware of a government job that is actually set up to make a profit .....does anyone know of one?

Gaffer
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
My husband, who is a soldier, bless is heart, has been after me for years to get a government job...........I told him I just can't work for a company that doesn't produce a product for profit.

I'm not aware of a government job that is actually set up to make a profit .....does anyone know of one?

They are called congress. They all make a hefty profit off the rest of us and don't produce anything but hot air.

SassyLady
06-05-2010, 09:47 PM
They are called congress. They all make a hefty profit off the rest of us and don't produce anything but hot air.

Oh, I always thought profit meant what was left over after all obligations were met :poke:...in addition to producing the hot air, Congress is also good at producing more debt.