PDA

View Full Version : Online dating

LiberalNation
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Thought I would give it a try. Currently talking to two guys, one a scout/drill sergeant in the army, the other a 24 yo with his own company (according to him). We'll see if I get a date. Exchanged numbers and plan to call one tonight.

http://www.match.com/profile/ShowProfile.aspx?UID=E6QeFJ/Xqr/pZ0l+luRcyA==&Handle=RyanBahr&PI=6&lid=108&DO=3&TP=CON&RN=4

http://www.match.com/profile/ShowProfile.aspx?UID=mfMEQS4wtu4CzgSTM7pPew==&Handle=madeincanada86&PI=6&lid=108&DO=3&TP=CON&RN=4

Currently batting zero with the females, fucking lesbians all date each other and don't want to meet anyone new.

DragonStryk72
06-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Well, it sort of depends on what it is you're looking for, really. i mean, either one could turn out to be good, possibly even both or neither one.

What are your requirements for a guy?

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I suggest you tone down the roleplaying if you wish success.....they may expect the original to match the caricature......

LiberalNation
06-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm an actress at heart. Really, what role playing.

DragonStryk72
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Or if you're into role-playing, may I suggest the site Soulgeek.com

LiberalNation
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I never know where my internet persona stops and the real me begins. They influence each other.

chloe
06-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm sure you will find the right match for you, have fun ! :cool:

LiberalNation
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
lol, I just had a 60 year old man ask me out. I turned him down, should have asked him how much money he had first.

DragonStryk72
06-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Trust me, if he really had any money, he wouldn't have needed match

darin
06-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Just gotta say...LN...you haven't earned that rank in your avatar, ya know....just sayin

LiberalNation
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
it says I have on ako, and on my paystub, they call me it at drill, I'll wear it at basic.

LiberalNation
06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
even a recruit uses their rank.......

darin
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Have you been to Basic yet? You're not a Soldier until you graduate Basic Training.

LiberalNation
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree but I am still a PFC recruit until then........and get paid like one. :p

I can't wait for e-5 then LT pay.

darin
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
ugh. I really hope you learn to 'get it' between now and then. If you are in it for a 'pay grade' you'll have a very shitty career.

Here's 1 lesson: SGT is a rank, not a pay-grade. Yes, there are SGTs who are 'merely E5' - but there are still those who are Sergeants. They live it.

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
I wont make e-5, I'll just have the paygrade as a cadet.

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I met a nice guy, young as me at 22, we exchanged phone numbers and will prolly meet. He's not college educated but is a carpenter and works for his dad who owns his own bussiness. Good enough, long as he has a job.

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I need to learn my ranks, is your avatar a sergeant dmp.

Binky
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I need to learn my ranks, is your avatar a sergeant dmp.

Just being nosey here...........pfc, one stripe. Two stripes corporal. Three stripes sargeant. After that I lose count, so to speak. Anyway, if you are in the military just for the money, you are going to be pretty unhappy throughtout your stay.... Military people are not paid nearly enough. It's tough being in the military and ordered around. It takes knowing when to do what you're told and when to keep ones mouth closed. Very easy to be made an example of and in front of your fellow soldiers. Do not volunteer. Or you may find yourself cleaning out the latrines and doing kitchen detail when you didn't have to.... Keeping a low profile is a key factor in surviving your stay in the military....

Good luck...

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
going out with this guy this weekend. We just talked on the phone and he seems sweet even if the picture makes him look a little rough around the edges.

http://www.match.com/profile/ShowProfile.aspx?UID=x3y+24VPtXTXPUcZc/LMQw==&Handle=123hurst&PI=6&lid=108&DO=3&TP=CON&RN=4

Mr. P
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
going out with this guy this weekend. We just talked on the phone and he seems sweet even if the picture makes him look a little rough around the edges.

http://www.match.com/profile/ShowProfile.aspx?UID=x3y+24VPtXTXPUcZc/LMQw==&Handle=123hurst&PI=6&lid=108&DO=3&TP=CON&RN=4

When ya gonna tell him yer a Lesbo?

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 07:14 PM
when I break up with him. :P

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
the only concern I have with him is he says he drinks 2 beers a night. That's not alcoholic but it's getting there.

DragonStryk72
06-08-2010, 04:17 AM
the only concern I have with him is he says he drinks 2 beers a night. That's not alcoholic but it's getting there.

Not really, and I say this as the son of a 30 year recovering alcoholic. People tend to get too touchy about a person who drinks regularly. Likely, 2 beers, if he drinks them a regular pace, will not really effect him noticeably. See, he stops at 2, an alcoholic can't stop themselves.

My dad, before he recovered had this brilliant idea that he needed to stop drinking so much, and so cut off beer entirely, switching over to wine instead, because he always saw people sipping wining, never gulping it. In the end though, he was nearly drowning himself in the stuff, there simply was no part of him that could control his intake of alcohol, no matter what he wanted.

Your guy may be a regular drinker, but that doesn't sound like an alcoholic to me.

LiberalNation
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I can't ride with him if he drinks more than one while where out, was my concern. He might be able to handle his liquor but I'm not risking it in an extremely fast nova.

Mr. P
06-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I can't ride with him if he drinks more than one while where out, was my concern. He might be able to handle his liquor but I'm not risking it in an extremely fast nova.

First meeting from off the net driving separate to the meeting place would be the wise thing to do. Then it's not an issue.

LiberalNation
06-08-2010, 11:34 AM
he wanted to show off his fast car, street races and rebuilds them, asked whether I would prefer the corevet, nova, or another.

I know his little brother, he goes to my brothers high school so the family will know where to find him if anything happens to me. I think the risk is low.

Binky
06-08-2010, 04:13 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....but he's cuddling his dog...So he can't be all bad....

Binky
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
First meeting from off the net driving separate to the meeting place would be the wise thing to do. Then it's not an issue.

That sounds like a very good idea. And in case any problems with attitude and such occur, she can drive herself out of harms way.....rather than relying on someone she just met....

LiberalNation
06-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm not too worried, I can always have someone pick me up if things go south.

Guys been txting me all week.

Abbey Marie
06-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I am just wondering why you, a lesbian, decided to pick such a macho-imaged guy? To me, everything about him screams "I'm trying to look like a tough guy".
:confused:

LiberalNation
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
He's skinny, I like the look of skinny guys better than bulky. I'm sure he does try and look like a tuff guy, he carries a pistol in his muscle car that he street races.

I picked him cuz he talked to me and was nice. Also lives very close by and is close to my age. If I had met him in high school this date prolly wouldn't be happening as I most likely would have thought him a typical douche bag guy.