PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas dumped by her agency for hate-Israel remarks

Little-Acorn
06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Yesterday Helen Thomas got dumped by her agency, as a result of her remarks about Jews in Israel.

And now, today ABC radio is announcing that she has "decided" to retire.

Sometimes there is justice.

--------------------------------------

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/helen-thomas-dropped-by-her-speakers-agency/?src=busln

Helen Thomas Dropped by Her Speakers’ Agency

June 7, 2010, 10:55 am
By BRIAN STELTER

The longtime White House correspondent and columnist Helen Thomas was dropped by her speakers’ agency on Sunday after stating in a video clip that Israelis should “get the hell out of Palestine.”

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/arts/tv/thomas-2-190.jpg

Helen Thomas was dropped by her speakers’ agency on Sunday.Ms. Thomas’s comments were quickly condemned by former White House officials and the Anti-Defamation League. White House reporters said her front row seat in the White House press briefing room was unoccupied Monday morning.

On Monday morning the White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Ms. Thomas’s remarks “were offensive and reprehensible.”

In the video clip, which was filmed on May 27 during a Jewish Heritage Celebration at the White House, an interviewer for the Web site RabbiLive.com, Rabbi David F. Nesenoff, asked Ms. Thomas, “Any comments on Israel? We’re asking everybody today.” She quickly remarked, “Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.”

When the interviewer asked, “Where should they go?,” she asserted that they “go home” to Poland, Germany, the United States “and everywhere else.”

The video was posted to YouTube last week. RabbiLive says it will post a new statement about the video on Monday afternoon.

The video clip gained attention last Friday when the former Bush White House spokesman Ari Fleischer and others criticized Ms. Thomas’s comments.

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
lame, she should be able to speak her mind, she's ancient.

namvet
06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
she should take a vacation to Germany and Poland.

close the books

CSM
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM

She did. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences when exercising that right.

PostmodernProphet
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM

alas, thus by the time you are able to speak your mind you no longer have one.....

krisy
06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Good riddance to her. She is a pain in the ass. She hated Republican presidents and did nothing to hide her bias.She is the opitimy(sp?) of bad journalism-constantly throwing her personal bias in.

Another good point brought up today by Karl Rove and Megan Kelly is that she became a columnist in 2000. She didn't belong in the WH press. That is NOT the place to give your OPINION. She has all the right to have one,but THAT is not the place. Reporters are not supposed to give opinion. Just report facts. If she were a commentator on CNN or MSNBC that would be different.

stephanie
06-07-2010, 03:38 PM
And they try and tell us there is NO left media bias.

Thomas was the perfect example.

Most of the Lamestream media has become our enemy folks. we have to find sources that aren't lefty-Liberal-commie biased and find out the truth.

krisy
06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
And they try and tell us there is Left NO media bias.

Thomas was the perfect example.

Most of the Lamestream media has become our enemy folks. we have to find sources that aren't lefty-Liberal-commie biased and find out the truth.

You gotta wonder why everyone let her slide for so long. I guess she went too far this time. She makes me cringe.

Her and Joy Behar!!

stephanie
06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
You gotta wonder why everyone let her slide for so long. I guess she went too far this time. She makes me cringe.

Her and Joy Behar!!

lol, don't get me started on that ugly souled witch.

anyone ever notice most Liberal-Lefties talking heads are some of the ugliest, inside and OUT.:eek:

LiberalNation
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
cuz rush is such a hotty, and O'reily just to die for.

stephanie
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
cuz rush is such a hotty, and O'reily just to die for.

my mistake. I should of said, most WOMEN liberal talking heads.

man they are hard on the ears and eyes.:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Has anyone ever seen Helen Thomas and Baghdad Bob in the same room at the same time?

A remarkable consistency in attitude and opinion between those two. You don't suppose.....?

Naah.

http://rationallythinkingoutloud.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Kathianne
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Helen Thomas should have been gone 20 years ago. I was so glad to see she finally lost her soap box.

SassyLady
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Her and Joy Behar!!

Randi Rhodes is another one that makes me cringe....they are all :lame2:

Mr. P
06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Helen Thomas should have been gone 20 years ago. I was so glad to see she finally lost her soap box.

Exactly what I think!

HogTrash
06-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Yesterday Helen Thomas got dumped by her agency, as a result of her remarks about Jews in Israel.

And now, today ABC radio is announcing that she has "decided" to retire.

Sometimes there is justice.

--------------------------------------

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/helen-thomas-dropped-by-her-speakers-agency/?src=busln

Helen Thomas Dropped by Her Speakers’ Agency

June 7, 2010, 10:55 am
By BRIAN STELTER

The longtime White House correspondent and columnist Helen Thomas was dropped by her speakers’ agency on Sunday after stating in a video clip that Israelis should “get the hell out of Palestine.”

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/arts/tv/thomas-2-190.jpg

Helen Thomas was dropped by her speakers’ agency on Sunday.Ms. Thomas’s comments were quickly condemned by former White House officials and the Anti-Defamation League. White House reporters said her front row seat in the White House press briefing room was unoccupied Monday morning.

On Monday morning the White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Ms. Thomas’s remarks “were offensive and reprehensible.”

In the video clip, which was filmed on May 27 during a Jewish Heritage Celebration at the White House, an interviewer for the Web site RabbiLive.com, Rabbi David F. Nesenoff, asked Ms. Thomas, “Any comments on Israel? We’re asking everybody today.” She quickly remarked, “Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.”

When the interviewer asked, “Where should they go?,” she asserted that they “go home” to Poland, Germany, the United States “and everywhere else.”

The video was posted to YouTube last week. RabbiLive says it will post a new statement about the video on Monday afternoon.

The video clip gained attention last Friday when the former Bush White House spokesman Ari Fleischer and others criticized Ms. Thomas’s comments.Good riddence...I find it hard to believe that this miserable hag was ever considered a "jounalist" in the first place.

Helen Thomas was nothing more than a hate mongering mouthpiece for the lowly liberal's leftwing propaganda machine.

She's an enemy of America that this nation is better off without...The only thing more repulsive than her ugly face was her evil heart.

Insein
06-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Good riddance to her. She is a pain in the ass. She hated Republican presidents and did nothing to hide her bias.She is the opitimy(sp?) of bad journalism-constantly throwing her personal bias in.

Another good point brought up today by Karl Rove and Megan Kelly is that she became a columnist in 2000. She didn't belong in the WH press. That is NOT the place to give your OPINION. She has all the right to have one,but THAT is not the place. Reporters are not supposed to give opinion. Just report facts. If she were a commentator on CNN or MSNBC that would be different.

epitome, just so you know. :thumb:

Binky
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
She's a hatefilled old crow. A hag is too good a discription of her.

krisy
06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
epitome, just so you know. :thumb:

Thanks! Had no clue how to spell it so gave it my best shot.:coffee:

krisy
06-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I saw another interview with her recently where she claimed Obama was not liberal!!!:eek:

Thought goes to show how far left she is:thumb: