PDA

View Full Version : Obama has never spoken to BP CEO

red states rule
06-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Perhaps Obama is way to busy with vacations, fund raisers, photo ops, and attacking his critics to take the time to speak to BP's CEO on the oil spill

Yet he reminds us daily how he has been on this since day one

In the interview that aired today, Obama defended his decision not to speak with Hayward.

"I have not spoken to him directly," Obama said. "Here's the reason. Because my experience is, when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/obama-takes-aim-bp-ceo-tony-hayward/story?id=10853212

SpidermanTUba
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Perhaps Obama is way to busy with vacations, fund raisers, photo ops, and attacking his critics to take the time to speak to BP's CEO on the oil spill

Why would Obama need to talk to him? What's he supposed to do, give him a ring and wait on hold for 20 minutes while Tony finishes his latest interview?

O: "Hello Tony, this is the President, what's up?"

H: "I'm a little busy. What do you want?"

O: "Just calling to ask you if there's anything your people haven't told my people that'd you'd like to tell me?"

H: "Whaa.... da , uh, what do you mean Mr. President"?

O: "You know - got any super special secrets that only you can tell me personally on the phone, something you can only tell me directly"?

H: "Well, umm, wow Mr. President. How did you know? I love you! I'm gay for you!"

O: "That's not exactly what I meant Tony. A lot of conservatives seem to think there's something important you have to tell me that only you can tell me personally. What is it?"

H: "Oh, uhh, I dunno."

O: "OK. Fucking right wing idiots ... figures. Later"

06-10-2010, 05:38 PM
You would think they would need to talk to, you know, coordinate some sort of effort.

SpidermanTUba
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
You would think they would need to talk to, you know, coordinate some sort of effort.

O: "Tony, this is the President again"

H: "What? I'm very busy you know"

O: "I know, I know. Its just that I was told I needed to call you to talk to you to coordinate some sort of effort, coordinate something that isn't already happening, that only you can coordinate with me personally, on the phone."

H: "Well, OK. What is it you wanted to coordinate ? "

O: "You mean you don't know?"

H: "No Mr. President, I have no idea. I've got my flunkies coordinating with your coast guard on everything"

O: "Oh, OK. My bad. Fucking righties lead me astray again"

krisy
06-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Obama should know what the hell BP is doing....THAT"S why he needs to talk to him. How in the world can the gov know whats going on if they aren't even talking to BP?!!!!

and spare me the silly ass phone call thing,it's not funny

06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Clearly Tuba thinks this oil spill isn't very important and that the President has more pressing things to do that make an effort to lead or help in the clean up effort.

SpidermanTUba
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Obama should know what the hell BP is doing....

And you apparently think the only way this can be accomplished is by a direct phone call between the President and BP's CEO. That makes you functionally retarded.

SpidermanTUba
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Clearly Tuba thinks this oil spill isn't very important and that the President has more pressing things to do that make an effort to lead or help in the clean up effort.

Avatar thinks that molesting children and beating your wife is A-OK.

SassyLady
06-10-2010, 11:54 PM

Of course he hasn't, that would be too logical.

red states rule
06-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Avatar thinks that molesting children and beating your wife is A-OK.

I have zero tolerance for anyone attacking family members. Take 24 hours off

red states rule
06-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Why would Obama need to talk to him? What's he supposed to do, give him a ring and wait on hold for 20 minutes while Tony finishes his latest interview?

O: "Just calling to ask you if there's anything your people haven't told my people that'd you'd like to tell me?"

O: "You know - got any super special secrets that only you can tell me personally on the phone, something you can only tell me directly"?

H: "Well, umm, wow Mr. President. How did you know? I love you! I'm gay for you!"

O: "That's not exactly what I meant Tony. A lot of conservatives seem to think there's something important you have to tell me that only you can tell me personally. What is it?"

So Obama will sit down with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and have a chat - but not BP's CEO Tony Hayward

More liberal logic on display

red states rule
06-11-2010, 04:40 AM
NOW Obama may meet with Tony Hayward.

President Obama Likely to Meet with BP CEO Hayward Next Week

When BP CEO Tony Hayward comes to Washington, DC, next week, he will almost certainly be summoned to meet with President Obama at the White House, sources tell ABC News.

Though no final decision has been made, White House officials are planning to meet with Hayward, and the president will also likely have a few words to say to him.

Hayward is scheduled to appear on June 17 at a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce oversight and investigations subcommittee.

Asked earlier this week why he hadn't yet spoken to Hayward, the president told NBC that "my experience is when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

Today, President Obama will meet at the White House with the families of the victims who lost their lives in the April 20 BP oil rig explosion. Mr. Obama invited the loved ones of all 11 victims to the White House, where he will offer his condolences and talk to them about their concerns, including whether the victims ever expressed any issue with the safety standards on the rig. Ten families will be there; the president will call the 11th family who is unable to attend the meeting today.

- Jake Tapper

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/06/president-obama-likely-to-meet-with-bp-ceo-hayward-next-week.html

SassyLady
06-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Obama being accused of racism??

'Anti-British' Obama Attacked Over BP
4:04am UK, Friday June 11, 2010

Damien Pearse, Sky News Online

Barack Obama has been labelled anti-British for his attack on BP in an open letter from the head of one of the country's leading companies.

In the astonishing letter - seen by Sky News - John Napier, chairman of insurance company RSA, said Mr Obama should act in a "more Statesman like way".

The attack comes as President Barack Obama invited BP Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg to meet him and senior administration officials at the White House next Wednesday.

Mr Napier appeared in an exclusive interview on Jeff Randall Live this evening and explained why he had written to the president.

He said: "I've just put on record my concerns about the tone that has developed, particularly about the personalisational issues, which is alien to us in our culture.

"And the fact it's being received over here as an anti-British rhetoric - that may not be his intent, but that is how it's reading."

Whilst we all recognise the seriousness of the situation there is a need to put some balance back into the situation.

John Napier, chairman of RSA
In the letter Mr Napier bluntly questions Mr Obama's ability to take "the heat when under pressure".

It follows the president's scathing attacks on BP and particularly its chief executive Tony Hayward in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster.

Earlier this week Mr Obama said he wanted to know "whose ass to kick" over the massive spill and levelled yet more criticism at BP's handling of the leak.

Shares in the company have taken a battering since the comments. They have fallen nearly 45% or by £54.5bn since the explosion.

Mr Napier's no-holds barred letter to Mr Obama wastes no time in attacking the president over his handling of the case.

He writes: "Please forgive this open letter but your comments towards BP and its CEO as reported here are coming across as somewhat prejudicial and personal.
"There is no doubt that BP, as a UK PLC, is totally committed to do everything possible to contain the oil leak and meet all its obligations in the USA."

The comments are the most outspoken so far about the crisis by a leading British business figure and underline the growing concerns of British business over the White House’s anti-BP rhetoric.

He goes on: "There is a sense here that these attacks are being made because BP is British.

"If you compare the damage inflicted on the economies of the western world by polluted securities from the irresponsible, unchecked greed and avarice of leading USA international banks, there has not been the same personalised response in or from countries beyond the US.

"Perhaps a case of double standards?"

He continues: "The immediate issues are very challenging but are best solved working together in a more Statesman like way."

He ends the letter: "We can all agree that the first and absolute priority is to stem the leak.

"Perhaps the second one is to ensure the reputation of the Presidency outside the USA is seen as objective, balanced, able and capable of taking the heat when under pressure.

"We liked the Obama we saw at your election, can we have more of it please."

more here:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201006115647312

StarBrite
06-11-2010, 08:21 AM
"Instead of actually taking responsibility for leading to make sure that this oil spill is capped he has instead spent his time blaming people....How can it be that the person who's actually working to try and cap this spill hasn't even spoken to the president of the United States?"
-- Mitt Romney on Obama's crisis management skills.

SassyLady
06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
"Instead of actually taking responsibility for leading to make sure that this oil spill is capped he has instead spent his time blaming people....How can it be that the person who's actually working to try and cap this spill hasn't even spoken to the president of the United States?"
-- Mitt Romney on Obama's crisis management skills.

Perhaps because he's afraid he'll get his ass kicked? :eek: :slap:

Abbey Marie
06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
What a disgrace this man is! I know I shouldn't be surprised, and yet I still am.
And here I thought the Dems were the pro-environment party.

DragonStryk72
06-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Here's a thought: Maybe Obama should not have claimed he was working with BP if he is specifically not talking to the person in charge? I've heard the same argument from 6 and 7 year olds about not talking to someone, so they talk to the person next to them to go around it. It's childish and stupid.

And really, Obama's just admitted he's weak-willed enough that one guy could change his mind within a few minutes of convo.

SassyLady
06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Obama's handlers are doing a bang up job!!! He is definitely a reactionary type of manager ... wouldn't call him a leader .... not sure he's even managing anything well these days.

Some guy says he should show some anger so he says he'll "kick ass"; he doesn't have time to meet with AZ Governor - then he squeezes her in; he hasn't talked with BP and the fact goes viral then suddenly there's a meeting scheduled. It's like he's spinning in circles. Why would he get ahead of any situation .... oh, I know, I know!!!! He's too busy hobnobbing with the Entertainment Tonight crowd.

Gaffer
06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
The dark lord is the head of state. He attends functions, parties, photo ops etc. He appoints czars to run things and who will get the blame when something goes wrong. Much like a king he doesn't really do anything but be a glamor boy.

red states rule
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Once again when the Chosen One is criticised he then swings into action. It takes days of constant news stories pointing how the obvious before Obama actually does what should have been done weeks ago

red states rule
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM
And now the liberal media decides who is to blame for the oil spill.

Of course it is YOU!!!!!

Time Says Oil Spill is Everyone's Fault But Big Government

The June 21 Time cover article told the sad stories of those affected by the BP oil spill and explored mistakes, mishaps and unfortunate events that have combined to compound the disaster. But in “The Gulf Disaster: Who’s Asses Need Kicking?” author Bryan Walsh went ultimately to spoiled American consumers both for refusing to grant government unlimited power over business, and for demanding mobility facilitated by inexpensive fuel.

“We accept the business argument that regulation is an evil that isn’t necessary, rather than a necessary evil, and then we’re surprised when a rig blows and disaster ensues,” Walsh tutted.

He called the current regulations “toothless” and explained that a current problem is, “the tendency of too many government overseers to get too friendly with the industry they’re supposed to be monitoring.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sarah-knoploh/2010/06/11/time-says-oil-spill-everyones-fault-big-government

krisy
06-11-2010, 10:41 PM
And you apparently think the only way this can be accomplished is by a direct phone call between the President and BP's CEO. That makes you functionally retarded.

Yes tuba,I do think talking to each other would be a wonderful start to getting some problems solved...how silly of me.

Judging by the way you call names around here,I would guess your the one who has a mental deficiency...or your about 8 years old.

red states rule
06-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Now Obama is getting pissed off people are holding him accountable for his actons - and he is getting testy with the folks

President Obama outlined the limits of his power to handle the oil spill in the latest episode of "West Wing Week," the casual weekly White House online show.

"Even though I'm president of the United States, my power is not limitless," he told Grand Isle, La., locals in the video, released Friday. "So I can't dive down there and plug the hole. I can't suck it up with a straw. All I can do is make sure that I put honest, hard-working smart people in place ... to implement this thing."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/06/obama-on-spill-i-cant-suck-it.html?hpid=news-col-blog

red states rule
06-12-2010, 06:57 AM
What a disgrace this man is! I know I shouldn't be surprised, and yet I still am.

For you Abbey

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/164576.jpg

Binky
06-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Perhaps because he's afraid he'll get his ass kicked? :eek: :slap:

This could be true since BO is from Chicago and hangs with thugs....:eek:

Binky
06-12-2010, 08:15 AM

The dems are just like that other party. You know, the repugs.... Both are parties of "Fill My Pockets"......."then turn your heads and close your eyes and let me do whatever I wish."

Binky
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM

Of course it is YOU!!!!!

People need to stop reading that crapola. It always come back to blaming the American people. Give me a break..... The bullpucky just never stops.....it comes in piles and the larger the pile the stinkier it is....:eek:

Binky
06-12-2010, 08:22 AM
For you Abbey

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/164576.jpg

It won't be long and people will be surfing thru the oil......:eek:

red states rule
06-12-2010, 09:34 AM
People need to stop reading that crapola. It always come back to blaming the American people. Give me a break..... The bullpucky just never stops.....it comes in piles and the larger the pile the stinkier it is....:eek:

They are Binky. Newsweek is for sale,a nd the number for TIME have been going down as well

Most people see them as liberal rags who no longer report the past weeks news - but openly support the libs agenda and smear anyone who dares to oppose that aganda

06-12-2010, 02:12 PM
BTW isnt it interesting how Tuba rages on and on about the oil spill, but when anyone tries to question Obama's less than stellar actions about it, he immediately jumps to Obama's defense.

What's more important, Obama or your coastline?

red states rule
06-12-2010, 07:53 PM
BTW isnt it interesting how Tuba rages on and on about the oil spill, but when anyone tries to question Obama's less than stellar actions about it, he immediately jumps to Obama's defense.

What's more important, Obama or your coastline?

Obama of course. If the person has a "D" at the end of his/her name, in Tuba's world they can do no wrong

Where is Tuba?

Perhaps Tuba is becoming like BP - when the facts get in way of the discussion he takes a powder

red states rule
06-13-2010, 05:13 AM

and the biggest pile of bullpucky comes from the White House

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0611cd20100610071958.jpg

red states rule
06-13-2010, 05:16 AM
The dark lord is the head of state. He attends functions, parties, photo ops etc. He appoints czars to run things and who will get the blame when something goes wrong. Much like a king he doesn't really do anything but be a glamor boy.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/100611beelertoon_c20100611041811.jpg

DragonStryk72
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM

Now come on, that's not being fair to kings. They did get stuff done, a lot of it in fact, even too much at times, such as screwing 13 of their colonies over in the mid to late 1700s.

Gaffer
06-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Now come on, that's not being fair to kings. They did get stuff done, a lot of it in fact, even too much at times, such as screwing 13 of their colonies over in the mid to late 1700s.

Yeah it is not fair to kings. And old George III only screwed 13 colonies. This guy is doing 50 states, 57 by his count.

He does consider himself a type of king and that actually working for the country is beneath him. He has minions to do all that real work. he didn't appoint all those czars for nothin'. He even has a court jester named joe.

red states rule
06-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Yeah it is not fair to kings. And old George III only screwed 13 colonies. This guy is doing 50 states, 57 by his count.

He does consider himself a type of king and that actually working for the country is beneath him. He has minions to do all that real work. he didn't appoint all those czars for nothin'. He even has a court jester named joe.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sbr061210dAPR20100611064609.jpg

Binky
06-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Obama's handlers are doing a bang up job!!! He is definitely a reactionary type of manager ... wouldn't call him a leader .... not sure he's even managing anything well these days.

Some guy says he should show some anger so he says he'll "kick ass"; he doesn't have time to meet with AZ Governor - then he squeezes her in; he hasn't talked with BP and the fact goes viral then suddenly there's a meeting scheduled. It's like he's spinning in circles. Why would he get ahead of any situation .... oh, I know, I know!!!! He's too busy hobnobbing with the Entertainment Tonight crowd.

He puts in a token appearance after he's been out playing up to our enemies or finding new questionable people he can make czars..... All in all tho', he's doing a bang up job of belittling Americans and our country.......

Way to go prez......that'll get ya reelected......:beer:

red states rule
06-14-2010, 05:56 AM
He puts in a token appearance after he's been out playing up to our enemies or finding new questionable people he can make czars..... All in all tho', he's doing a bang up job of belittling Americans and our country.......

Way to go prez......that'll get ya reelected......:beer:

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk061310j20100612124612.jpg

Binky
06-14-2010, 06:03 AM

Of course it is YOU!!!!!

Personnally, I think the blame game is a huge time waster. It serves no purpose but to detrack from the problem.

At this point, it really doesn't matter whose fault it is or isn't. That can be decided much later down the road. What is important now is to stay focused on the task at hand which is to plug that leak and get the environment cleaned up......Then we figure out where to go from there.

red states rule
06-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Personnally, I think the blame game is a huge time waster. It serves no purpose but to detrack from the problem.

At this point, it really doesn't matter whose fault it is or isn't. That can be decided much later down the road. What is important now is to stay focused on the task at hand which is to plug that leak and get the environment cleaned up......Then we figure out where to go from there.

This is how the blame game will play out Binky. As if we did not already know the final outcome

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn0529j20100528030630.jpg

Binky
06-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Well, let's start then with blaming the environmentalists for not letting anyone drill in shallower depths. I daresay, if that well hadn't been in such deep waters, it wouldn't have exploded the way it did.

So it's the fault of the environs......Oddly enough, the very environment they are protecting has been harmed by their decision to force drilling into the depths of hell, so to speak....

red states rule
06-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Well, let's start then with blaming the environmentalists for not letting anyone drill in shallower depths. I daresay, if that well hadn't been in such deep waters, it wouldn't have exploded the way it did.

So it's the fault of the environs......Oddly enough, the very environment they are protecting has been harmed by their decision to force drilling into the depths of hell, so to speak....

Now tonight we will be bored with Obama going on prime time TV and telling us how this is Bush's fault, how he is being unfairly treated, and how more regulation will fix everything

He will try for the Trifecta. He will play the race card, the victim card, and the big government card all in one speech