PDA

View Full Version : This is so sad and people don't realize

Trinity
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
how dangerous rushing creeks can be after heavy rains.....

I'm hoping for the parent's sake they find the 11 year old alive. Having to lose one would be hard enough, let alone two.

LEWIS TOWNSHIP, Ohio --

Rescue crews have found the body of one of two boys who disappeared near a creek in Brown County.
Authorities said 8-year-old Blake Devercelly and 11-year-old Justin Devercelly told their babysitter Wednesday about 4:20 p.m. they were going to look at a creek near the babysitter's Lewis Township home. Police said the boys disappeared along a creek near Dunbar Road.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/23850994/detail.html

HogTrash
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Those creeks and streams can also come up quick and unexpected.

Apparently the adults in charge of these children weren't aware of the dangers either.

How sad for these children and the suffering of their families.

We will all have a time that we will wish we could do over again.

SassyLady
06-10-2010, 08:07 PM
When I was in 5th grade I fell in our local creek trying to pull my little brother out. I had grabbed him and was holding on to a branch that gave way....we both floated a little way downstream and I grabbed another one.

We both knew we were NOT supposed to be down there and neither one of us ever told our parents about it. Every now and then we say "hey, remember when we learned how to swim." It could just as easily have ended tragically. We were being helped that day by our guardian angels.

chloe
06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah that happened a couple years ago nearby here too very sad.

sybarite
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
That is the age when children like to go out and explore. Unfortunately they don't realize how dangerous certain situations can be. That highest branch looks like an exciting challenge, but many things can happen on the way up or down. When I think of my childhood, it's a miracle I'm still alive, I swear!! My guardian angel was certainly working overtime!! Even in my thirty's when I was racing snowmobiles my mom would say, "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF!!' LOL!

Trinity
06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
well apparently they have decided that the 11 year old did not make it they have called off the search..........breaks my heart I was hoping he made it some how, some way.....but after 3 days of searching I know the outcome is grim.....I hope the family is strong enough to make it through this.

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Missing-Boy-Presumed-Dead-Search-Ends/rLLGctKzvkKHu4a03YhYTw.cspx

Trinity
06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
They found the second little boy....

LEWIS TOWNSHIP, Ohio --

Officials have ended the search for a Brown County boy who disappeared with his brother earlier this week near a flooded creek.
Brown County officials said the body of Justin Devercelly was found in the Ohio River near the Meldahl Dam just after 9 p.m. Saturday

http://www.wlwt.com/news/23870634/detail.html