PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek Take Another Shot at Sarah Palin

red states rule
06-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Is there any question as to why Newsweek is going under, and why sales of the magazine continue to decline?

The sheer level of hate and contempt the left and their allies in the liberal media have for this women is amazing

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/174221/NEWSWEEK-SAINT-SARAH-PALIN.jpg

Saint Sarah
To white evangelical women, Sarah Palin is a modern-day prophet, preaching God, flag, and family—while remaking the religious right in her own image.

Another memoirist might prefer to keep such matters private, but Sarah Palin is not another memoirist. In Going Rogue: An American Life, Palin describes, perhaps for the first time in the history of political autobiography, a furtive trip to an out-of-state drugstore to obtain a do-it-yourself pregnancy test. This was in the fall of 2007, when the 43-year-old mother of four was governor of Alaska and began to notice “some peculiar yet familiar physical symptoms, like the smell of cigarettes making me feel more nauseated than usual.” So, while on business in New Orleans—at a time and in a place where her anonymity was still possible—Palin procured the kit. In the privacy of her hotel room, she “followed the instructions on the ... box. Slowly a pink image materialized on the stick.

“Holy geez!”

Palin has already overshared: nothing makes a person, let alone a politician, appear more vulnerable, more ordinary, and more unambiguously female than a scene in a bathroom where she pees on a stick. But then she defies a generation of pro-life activists who preached that the life of the fetus is sacred, no matter what an individual woman wants. For a split second, Palin—already at the limits of her time and energy—stops to consider the chaos another baby will create in her life. These are really less than ideal circumstances, she thinks. And then the inconceivable. I’m out of town. No one knows I’m pregnant. No one would ever have to know. Any woman who has faced a pregnancy test with hope or with dread can picture the governor sitting there, alone with her dilemma, certain that her future will change. We know, of course, how the story ends. Trig, diagnosed in utero with Down syndrome, was born just months before his mother’s vice presidential run.

At a breakfast in Washington, D.C., last month, Palin, wearing a rosarylike cross around her neck and a sparkly American flag lapel pin, told a version of the Trig story to 550 women who had paid at least $150 each to the Susan B. Anthony List, an organization devoted to supporting pro-life female politicians. When Trig was born, Palin recounted, “they lay him in my arms, and he just kind of melted right into my chest ... And it was just like he was saying, ‘See, God knows what he’s doing, and this is going to be good’ ... I tell you truly, Trig has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and the Palin family.” Around the room, women rose from their chairs, stamping their feet, clapping, and hollering. And when they all finally sat down, Palin smiled like a beauty queen and said, “Yes. Bless you.”

Let’s face it: the Trig story is a women’s story, the kind girlfriends share over coffee or in church. It has all the familiar elements of evangelical testimony: tribulation and dread; trust in God; and, finally, great blessings. Many Christian women loathe Palin, of course, and many men love her, but a certain kind of conservative, Bible-believing woman worships her. And it is these women Palin has been actively courting as she crisscrosses the country talking about Trig to women’s and pro-life organizations.

To millions of women, Palin’s authenticity makes her a sister in arms—“Sisters!” she called out in Washington, as if at a revival—a beautiful, fearless, principled fighter who shares their struggles. To a smaller number, she is a prophet, ordained by God for a special role in the cosmic battle against the forces of evil. A 2009 profile in the Christian magazine Charisma compared Palin to the Old Testament’s Queen Esther, who saved her people, in this case the Jews, from annihilation.

Binky
06-12-2010, 08:34 AM
It appears she has put fear in many, many people as they are terrified of her. She must be a huge threat to their ideologies.... Hmmmm....go figure....Who'd have thunk it?

krisy
06-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I have always loved Sarah Palin. Any woman who can take what she has from the media and is still going strong is good in my book.

For some reason,the media seems to have something against successful,beautiful women. She is unafraid,and thats what I love about her. I'm sure the left wing press thought that they would have brought her down long ago. Fortunately,I think all the "bad press" they choose to give her has backfired!!

Her strong pro life stance is what I love about her the most.

red states rule
06-12-2010, 09:31 AM
It appears she has put fear in many, many people as they are terrified of her. She must be a huge threat to their ideologies.... Hmmmm....go figure....Who'd have thunk it?

No Binky, Ms Palin is a huge threat to their POWER

and THAT is why she must be destroyed, smeared, attacked, and driven out of politics

Binky
06-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I have always loved Sarah Palin. Any woman who can take what she has from the media and is still going strong is good in my book.

For some reason,the media seems to have something against successful,beautiful women. She is unafraid,and thats what I love about her. I'm sure the left wing press thought that they would have brought her down long ago. Fortunately,I think all the "bad press" they choose to give her has backfired!!

Her strong pro life stance is what I love about her the most.

Well, one thing for sure, to the best of my knowledge, she has not hung around with thugs or any other sort of creepy people.....:laugh2: So......in my book, that's a huge plus in her favor....:coffee:

Binky
06-12-2010, 09:34 AM
No Binky, Ms Palin is a huge threat to their POWER

and THAT is why she must be destroyed, smeared, attacked, and driven out of politics

I stand corrected, Red..... And yep, they will do whatever they can to destroy her or go down trying.....But she seems to be holding her own...More power to her.....:clap:

red states rule
06-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I stand corrected, Red..... And yep, they will do whatever they can to destroy her or go down trying.....But she seems to be holding her own...More power to her.....:clap:

You were on the right track Binky - I just filled in one blank for you. This is what the Clinton's made famous, and the modern Dem party took up several levels

It does not matter how liberal policies help/hurt the nation - all that matters is how it helps/hurts the Dem party

The more power the Dems get the better. The more people dependent of government the better. Anyone who gets in their way is subject to total and complete annihilation

And the persons family as well to send a message to anyone who may be thinking about speaking out

Binky
06-12-2010, 09:47 AM
You were on the right track Binky - I just filled in one blank for you. This is what the Clinton's made famous, and the modern Dem party took up several levels

It does not matter how liberal policies help/hurt the nation - all that matters is how it helps/hurts the Dem party

The more power the Dems get the better. The more people dependent of government the better. Anyone who gets in their way is subject to total and complete annihilation

And the persons family as well to send a message to anyone who may be thinking about speaking out

Darn........I can't find a thing in your post to jam you with as your are correct......:laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
06-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Darn........I can't find a thing in your post to jam you with as your are correct......:laugh2::laugh2:

Liberals have the same problem Binky :laugh2:

Binky
06-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Liberals have the same problem Binky :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2: I suspect you are a little bit full of it.....:laugh2:

red states rule
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
:laugh2::laugh2: I suspect you are a little bit full of it.....:laugh2:

No, just very confident in my beliefs. If you would have been in High School with me, you would have seen my taking on liberal teachers who were teaching their opinions as facts. I have alot of years of practice Binky

Binky
06-12-2010, 10:14 AM
No, just very confident in my beliefs. If you would have been in High School with me, you would have seen my taking on liberal teachers who were teaching their opinions as facts. I have alot of years of practice Binky

Actually Red, I enjoy reading your posts. I like it when people tell it like it is rather than trying to distort the facts. I think we've all had some of those same liberal teachers at one time or another. Just some of us didn't fall into the trap of not thinking for ourselves and kept an open mind.....

red states rule
06-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Actually Red, I enjoy reading your posts. I like it when people tell it like it is rather than trying to distort the facts. I think we've all had some of those same liberal teachers at one time or another. Just some of us didn't fall into the trap of not thinking for ourselves and kept an open mind.....

I do drive my liberal co-worwers nuts Binky. They are pissed off Obama has fallen flat, that liberals are making the economy worse, and all the borken campaign promises I remind them of

All they can do is change the subject and talk about Pres Bush, and Ms Palin. I tell them it must suck to be a liberal these days, and I remind them I told them this would happen

They do not like someone like me who sees things as either right or wrong. Libs always see some areas of gray and go out of there way not to be "judgemental" (unless they are talking about a conservative - then they are guilty until proven innocent)

Binky
06-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I do drive my liberal co-worwers nuts Binky. They are pissed off Obama has fallen flat, that liberals are making the economy worse, and all the borken campaign promises I remind them of

All they can do is change the subject and talk about Pres Bush, and Ms Palin. I tell them it must suck to be a liberal these days, and I remind them I told them this would happen

They do not like someone like me who sees things as either right or wrong. Libs always see some areas of gray and go out of there way not to be "judgemental" (unless they are talking about a conservative - then they are guilty until proven innocent)

I can see you driving them crazy....When the libs can't come up with anything else to jam conservatives with they always fall back on Bush and Palin. They are stuck in a time warp.

Do you remember that campaign promise he made that he would begin pulling out the military and equipment within 18 months after he took office? Well, we're coming up on that time period and he hasn't even began to pull out a darn thing. Ask your liberal co-workers why that is and see what bullpucky they'll toss back at you. It's looking more like this one is yet another broken campaign promise i.e, LIE.......

red states rule
06-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I can see you driving them crazy....When the libs can't come up with anything else to jam conservatives with they always fall back on Bush and Palin. They are stuck in a time warp.

Do you remember that campaign promise he made that he would begin pulling out the military and equipment within 18 months after he took office? Well, we're coming up on that time period and he hasn't even began to pull out a darn thing. Ask your liberal co-workers why that is and see what bullpucky they'll toss back at you. It's looking more like this one is yet another broken campaign promise i.e, LIE.......

The other thing they are doing is (all of them have the same talking points) they are all "chomping at the bit" for conservatives to save the world with tax cuts and smaller government

Seems they have given up being a liberal defense attorney and want to go back to being a Prosecutor

It is clear they have accepted the fact they are going to lose the Novemeber election - so now they must hope things will get much worse when they are out of power

Again, all that matters is POWER to most liberals.

Binky
06-12-2010, 10:47 AM
The other thing they are doing is (all of them have the same talking points) they are all "chomping at the bit" for conservatives to save the world with tax cuts and smaller government

Seems they have given up being a liberal defense attorney and want to go back to being a Prosecutor

It is clear they have accepted the fact they are going to lose the Novemeber election - so now they must hope things will get much worse when they are out of power

Again, all that matters is POWER to most liberals.

But the libs are the ones building a bigger gov't. They are the reason why the country is in dire straights right now.

Well, let's hope they actually lose the election. And the one in 12 as well. I think America has finally decided its had enough and is going to take back the country...Maybe now the people will learn a strong lesson from this long, long nap they have taken. Funny things about naps....you're asleep and the world goes right on moving along into whatever direction its pointed in.....Then when we awake from the nap, we don't recognize the world for it has changed while we had our heads buried in our asses.....:eek:

red states rule
06-12-2010, 10:52 AM
But the libs are the ones building a bigger gov't. They are the reason why the country is in dire straights right now.

Well, let's hope they actually lose the election. And the one in 12 as well. I think America has finally decided its had enough and is going to take back the country...Maybe now the people will learn a strong lesson from this long, long nap they have taken. Funny things about naps....you're asleep and the world goes right on moving along into whatever direction its pointed in.....Then when we awake from the nap, we don't recognize the world for it has changed while we had our heads buried in our asses.....:eek:

The do not see it that way Binky. I have heard the following excuses from the same liberals who told me how Obama and the Dems were going to "clean up the mess Bush left behind"

1) The mess Bush left Obama was worse then anyone thought

2) Not enough money was spent on the stimulus bill (they blame Republicans for blocking the higher spending)

3) People are not being patient enough. it will take time for the good results to be seen

4) people are expecting way to much from Obama

5) The right wing hate media is spreading lies and propaganda - the stupid masses are buying it

Need I go on? These people actually make me bust out laughing - and they roll their eyes at me and walk away in total disbeleif

Binky
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
The do not see it that way Binky. I have heard the following excuses from the same liberals who told me how Obama and the Dems were going to "clean up the mess Bush left behind"

1) The mess Bush left Obama was worse then anyone thought

2) Not enough money was spent on the stimulus bill (they blame Republicans for blocking the higher spending)

3) People are not being patient enough. it will take time for the good results to be seen

4) people are expecting way to much from Obama

5) The right wing hate media is spreading lies and propaganda - the stupid masses are buying it

Need I go on? These people actually make me bust out laughing - and they roll their eyes at me and walk away in total disbeleif

:laugh2::laugh2: Nah, I think that's enough excuses. I get the picture. The one that got me the most was "people are expecting way too much from Obama." Well, duh.........he made the decision to run for president because he thought he was smart enough to fix all the ailments America has. Oddly, enough tho', he has only added to them. Go figure.....

red states rule
06-12-2010, 11:07 AM
:laugh2::laugh2: Nah, I think that's enough excuses. I get the picture. The one that got me the most was "people are expecting way too much from Obama." Well, duh.........he made the decision to run for president because he thought he was smart enough to fix all the ailments America has. Oddly, enough tho', he has only added to them. Go figure.....

Allow me two more examples Binky. When Ronald Reagan won 49 states in 2004 I sat back and listend to Dems actually bellow they did not lose due to voters rejecting their liberal policies

No they lost because voters bought the "slick marketing and packaging"

In 2002 when Tom Daschle was to become MINORITY LEADER of the Seante. Again, it was that the voters rejected liberalism - no, it was Rush Limbaugh's fault

Daschle's desperate denunciation of talk radio

Posted: November 22, 2002
1:00 am Eastern

By Les Kinsolving

WorldNetDaily.com

On Wednesday, at a news conference on Capitol Hill, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, who is soon to become Senate minority leader, lashed out at talk radio, in general, and Rush Limbaugh, in particular.

In one of the most incredibly preposterous statements ever made by a U.S. Senate majority leader, the Associated Press reported what Daschle said:

Threats have increased against him and his family, and he blamed talk-show host "Rush Limbaugh and all of the Rush Limbaugh wannabes" for an increasingly negative tone in politics.

Ladies and gentlemen, has this U.S. senator seen none of the TV-commercial mudslinging political spots purchased by so many Democrats and, admittedly, by some Republicans?

The A.P. also quoted Daschle as telling reporters:

What happens when Rush Limbaugh attacks those of us in public life is that people aren't satisfied just to listen. They want to act because they get emotionally invested. And so, you know, the threats to those of us in public life go up dramatically, on our families and on us, in a way that's very disconcerting.

Is it now? Sen. Daschle: How many members of Congress have ever been assassinated by listeners of talk radio? I know of not one. But is South Dakota so far from Denver that you have forgotten the assassination of talk-show host Alan Berg? All of us in talk radio get death threats at one time or another.

What I strongly suspect is that this preposterous Daschle outburst is an attempt to malign and defame one of the only two major mediums that are not dominated by his fellow Democrats: talk radio and the Internet.

These two mediums are wide open to the expressions of public opinion. As compared to the 1 percent in newspapers (in letters to the editor) and approximately one-tenth of 1 percent of the public who are ever allowed to express themselves on television.

The AP reports: "Daschle was the target of an anthrax-contaminated letter sent to Capitol Hill last year, although he did not mention that incident on Wednesday."

Possibly the senator concluded that he simply cannot offer any evidence that this anthrax attacker was motivated by talk radio.

The AP also reports that Sen. Daschle: "Did cite an incident last year when Republicans labeled him an obstructionist. 'There was a corresponding very significant increase in the number of issues that my family and I had to deal with. And I worry about that.'"

In other words, any talk-show host who dares to criticize Sen. Daschle is, according to Daschle, to be held responsible for "a very significant increase in the number of issues my family and I had to deal with."

Sorry senator – that just won't sell. If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. And I suggest that among that "number of issues" is the issue of your party's sustaining the most disastrous midterm results of any new president since FDR so trounced the Republicans in 1934.

The AP also reports: "Daschle will be stepping down as majority leader now that the Republicans have won back control of the Senate, blamed the problem on the disappearing divide between politics and entertainment. 'If entertainment becomes so much a part of politics and if that entertainment drives an emotional movement in this country among some people who don't know the difference between entertainment and politics, and who are then so energized to go out and hurt somebody, that troubles me about where politics in America is going,'" Daschle said.

"Limbaugh, during his radio show Wednesday, called Daschle's comments 'a well-thought-out strategy by the Democrats to counter the influence of this program.'"

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=15999

Libs always have a problem admitting when they are rejected by the voters. Like Obama is doing now - IT IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT

Binky
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
As long as everything was going along fine and dandy the way they wanted, it was just hunky dory. But now that Obama is beginning to tank a bit, things are not looking so rosy. And his slow response to the oil spill has put him in a bad light. Many of those people affected by it are dems as well and are none to happy with the way this thing is panning out.....

Anyway, hopefully, we'll be able to dismantle this track we seem to be on and put it back together aiming it in a positive direction that keeps America productive and working.......We've been headed down the trail towards socialism etc. and we need to derail those efforts altogether.....

red states rule
06-12-2010, 11:26 AM
As long as everything was going along fine and dandy the way they wanted, it was just hunky dory. But now that Obama is beginning to tank a bit, things are not looking so rosy. And his slow response to the oil spill has put him in a bad light. Many of those people affected by it are dems as well and are none to happy with the way this thing is panning out.....

Anyway, hopefully, we'll be able to dismantle this track we seem to be on and put it back together aiming it in a positive direction that keeps America productive and working.......We've been headed down the trail towards socialism etc. and we need to derail those efforts altogether.....

I can see November from my house Binky. I do believe Dems will be sent a loud and clear message will be sent to Obama and the liberal media

It is an even money bet while they will recieve the message - they will not pay any attention to it

I do hope REAGAN CONSERVATIVES will be running DC and then we will be able to start repairing and repealing the damage Obama, Reid, and Pelosi have inflicted on the nation

Binky
06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I can see November from my house Binky. I do believe Dems will be sent a loud and clear message will be sent to Obama and the liberal media

It is an even money bet while they will recieve the message - they will not pay any attention to it

I do hope REAGAN CONSERVATIVES will be running DC and then we will be able to start repairing and repealing the damage Obama, Reid, and Pelosi have inflicted on the nation

Well, one thing for sure Red, as a nation, we have a lot of work ahead of us. The time for sitting on our hands is over. We've come to that crossroads where we decide if we actually want America to become a socialist nation, and possibly one much worse, or if we choose to retain our freedoms and get our beloved country back in a direction our forefathers intended it to be. The choice is ours. The people have the power. And the powers that be work for us. We are their employer. And what do we do with employees that become disfunctional and disruptive? We fire them.......

red states rule
06-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, one thing for sure Red, as a nation, we have a lot of work ahead of us. The time for sitting on our hands is over. We've come to that crossroads where we decide if we actually want America to become a socialist nation, and possibly one much worse, or if we choose to retain our freedoms and get our beloved country back in a direction our forefathers intended it to be. The choice is ours. The people have the power. And the powers that be work for us. We are their employer. And what do we do with employees that become disfunctional and disruptive? We fire them.......

It took Reagan time to repair the damage caused by Carter - and it will take the next President to clean up after Obama

Meanwhile, we will have to endure the efyrewriting and outright lying about the "accomplishments" of Obama

SNL is on the right track when it comes to Obama's accomplishments

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_Jf9s23uF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_Jf9s23uF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>