PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the next star system/ andoid technology

Luna Tick
06-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Okay, the next star system is named Proxima Centauri (part of Alpha Centauri), and it would take longer than a human life span to get there. But it's possible. I want our scientists to look there for life. We might be able to find it there, but it will take patience. With an ion engine, one of our spacecraft could get there in 81,000 years. However, if maximize gravitational sling-shotting, we could cut the journey time to 19,000 years. Obviously, no human being could survive such a journey. However, a humanlike android could.

It's frustrating that the USA is so behind in developing androids. The Japanese are way ahead of us. If we could create androids with the same intelligence (and in come ways superior intelligence) and emotions as humans, we could send them in a spacecraft to Proxima Centauri. They would need no life support and could be programmed not to experience boredom. That would be our best hope to have "humans" greet other intelligent life. I would want to make them as humanlike as possible. Like I said, they should have consciousness and emotions. I'm also in favor of androids being able to fuck. That's a very important aspect of being human, one that we shouldn't deny to sentient androids.

Of course, 19K years is a long wait. We on earth would need to keep the human race surviving that long and not kill ourselves off via wars, pollution, or climate change. In 19K years, it would be amazing to get radio transmissions of digital images and video of other life forms in another star system.

There's another option: Nuclear Pulse Propulsion, which could let us travel .4 the speed of light and get us there in 85 years. It would be easier to design androids that last that long than ones that must endure for 19K years. It may even be possible to send biological humans if we can set up a life support environment that can last that long. However, it would need to be a multi-generational trip. The humans would have to fuck and produce offspring and then educate them in their mission. And, of course, they would never know Earth since they could not come back. It would be yet a future generation that would return, if they do. They could conceivably settle there. Really, the use of androids is the most promising.

There's a big drawback to Nuclear Pulse Propulsion. It's the same technology used in nuclear weapons. It's asking a lot to be able to harness that awesome power without blowing ourselves up or contaminating ourselves with radiation. Plus, politically it would be difficult. We would have to negotiate an exception to the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

There's an interesting article about all this stuff here:
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/07/08/how-long-would-it-take-to-travel-to-the-nearest-star/

There are other reasons for developing android technology which I'd like to get to in a future post. One of them is the creation of more widespread sexual satisfaction via fuck-droids. It's an exciting prospect that deserves our attention.

revelarts
06-12-2010, 06:51 PM
androids shouldn't be deprived of sex? wha you talking bout tick?

if your really concerned about that why not just give them a button on there forehead to push that would give the sensations of orgasm... um without the mess.

plus why would the androids have to built like humans. a lot of small spider like bodies would probably be better. or better yet to saw an experiment where a modular robot was able to transform into any shape needed to complete a task. simple snake like or wheeled or cubed. preliminaly work but cool. also why does an android that's sent that far have to be very big. a few more years and huge multi-terabyte quantum computers will be microscopic, at that point your payload is all engine and navigation.

Luna Tick
06-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Orgasms have to be earned. You shouldn't just be able to flick a switch and make another person cum. My boyfriend knows exactly hot to caress me, talk naughty to me, spank me, and press into me to make me go over the top. It would be pretty lame if all he had to do was push some love button. Well, I do have a love button, but it's not as simple as just pressing it.

I want humanlike androids on Proxima Centauri because biological humans probably cannot make it. They wouldn't all have to be humanlike. There would be nothing wrong with spider droids making the trip also, They could perhaps go out ahead on the planet to forage.

Another technology we need to master is the ability to copy and save the human mind. We could take a real person and upload his or her mind into an android body. That way it's a real person making the trip to Proxima Centauri, just in mechanical instead of biological form. We could also store a mind into a master computer before the person dies. Then the person could continue to exist and think in the computer in a virtual reality world after she's biologically dead. The computer could create an artificial existence independent of biology. It could be an entire community of mind-saved dead people computerized and interacting with one another. And, of course, this cyber virtual world of dead people would include fucking. Maybe I could take a visit into there and do Patrick Swayze.

The possibilities are amazing. It could even be possible to save the mind of a person still living and upload it into the computer, and let her visit dead loved ones, then save those experiences back into the biological brain. Think of the possibilities. What if you could visit your great grandfather in cyberspace? What if you could meet Abraham Lincoln or Albert Einstein? Though this technology it would be possible to send all our greatest minds to Proxima Centauri.

I never thought of your tiny android idea, but that might work.

chloe
06-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Last time we talked about this whole having sex with dead people through a scientific breakthrough thing you said you would make love to William F. Buckley jr. & Gary Coleman and now your switching to swayze, I guess your being politically correct (swayze being the pc choice) just like Hog says about you.....imagine that.:cool:

revelarts
06-13-2010, 02:31 AM
I think I'm gonna keep it clean here.. this conversation could easily get (already) to hot.
Soooo,
You every heare of Ray Kerwiel he talks about transfering brains into computer as an eventual reailty. But in the next 50 years he's expecting huge leaps in bio tech and nano machince and anti aging tech. To make it so that people will be able to live for about 200 years. In great health and ThEN by the time they get to 200 the androids that your taking about will be so advanded that you will be able to transfer your mind into it. But he foresees (guesses) that people by that time will have some much nano tech in there blood and tissue and bones. so much advanced computer assisted thinking devices embedded in our brains that we (or many people) will basically be cyborgs. Some people right now are LUSTING to download there brains to the computer just like you've described. It's a wild idea would you still be human then? Would you even care about bodily functions like --uhh-- reproduction if your just disembodied thoughts and memories?

All that makes the longer space trips more possible.

But you know I really don't think we'd find life out there in a form that would be compelling. (not compelling enough for a 85 to 1900 year drive). I'm sure there'd be a lot of beauty to see. But you know that there is good evidence that people found low level -like bacteria- on Mars already. But for some reason it's not that big a deal to check it out again. I don't believe in the grays, the blues or blonds myself but odd forms of microscopic life mmm yeah maybe.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPiF4-iu6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPiF4-iu6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNk8GhlBn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNk8GhlBn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chloe
06-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Now you've done it Rev ! You may be in for a long winded speech about how if Luna could download the Brains of John Holmes and Al Capone she would rule the world with an Iron Fisty. Trust me opening that can of criminal thoughts is worse then consuming fast food.:cool:

KarlMarx
06-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I think there was a program on the Discovery Channel called "Alien Planet" that talked about this very thing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3106679767514635043#

Luna Tick
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
KarlMarx, thanks for the link to that absolutely amazing video. I just watched it. It's a must see.

On anther subject, I made a post about how Democrats and Marxists are not one and the same. It's a common right-wing fallacy used in an attempt to discredit Democrats. You can 100 percent guarantee if Congress were made up of about half Democrats and half Marxists there would be seriously heated debates on public policy. The two groups definitely would not see eye to eye on most issues. I can't think of anyone better to comment on the subject than a Marxist. Here's where you'll find my post:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=430120#post430120