PDA

View Full Version : new Pepsi logo

namvet
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/14li4l.jpg

wife just brought this home from the store. just coincidence or a subliminal message???? or just shut up and drink it

Binky
06-13-2010, 07:26 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/14li4l.jpg

wife just brought this home from the store. just coincidence or a subliminal message???? or just shut up and drink it

Well, there's a strong message coming from it. I think one would have to be a total idiot not to know what it means....

namvet
06-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, there's a strong message coming from it. I think one would have to be a total idiot not to know what it means....

that's why i posted it. seems Pepsi's logo has morphed in with Osama's.

BTY ive been a pepsiholic since i was a kid. when it was bottled.

krisy
06-13-2010, 09:17 PM

I thought the same thing when I saw this in Wal Mart a few days ago.

Insein
06-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Didn't care. I saw 24 pak for $5 and its in my fridge now.

cat slave
06-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I saw an Obama logo when the "new" logo first came out.

I hate Pepsi so I cant stop buying it....rats!

But whats wrong with the picture of a leading bottler of
a major soft drink taking on the logo of a.....political party??

Pepsi sucks anyway.

krisy
06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Didn't care. I saw 24 pak for $5 and its in my fridge now.

Me too. Can't beat Wal mart for pop prices:thumb:

Mr. P
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM

What's pop? :poke:

revelarts
06-14-2010, 10:08 PM
What's pop? :poke:

It's the sound your pancreas cells make trying to digest pepsi.

Seriously Pespsi and Coke, the stuffs just bad for ya in general.
Carmel colored acid and sugar. MMmm yum. :puke:

Mr. P
06-14-2010, 10:47 PM

So is birth. In fact it's TERMINAL! :poke:

Insein
06-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Mmmm... Making me thirsty. :cheers2:

revelarts
07-12-2010, 06:59 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4fpEgurO-ec&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4fpEgurO-ec&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:cheers2:

:poke:

Abbey Marie
07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Re: the new logo: no more Pepsi in this household.

Btw, I understand there is a serious connection between Progressive Insurance and moveon.org. anyone else hear that?

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Pepsi is and has been for decades interested in the plights and advancement of "black" issues. If that doesn't scare you enough, they are also sympathetic to "nation of islam" (read black militant) issues and politics. Are you people living in a goddamned bubble or what?

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

darin
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't drink pepsi because it tastes awful. How they market their product is their concern; not mine.

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't drink pepsi because it tastes awful. How they market their product is their concern; not mine.

dimples, I don't think the issue here is about taste. It's about politics and policy of Pepsi, or did you miss that? GS3? I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::salute::laugh2::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

darin
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
dimples, I don't think the issue here is about taste. It's about politics and policy of Pepsi, or did you miss that? GS13? I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::salute::laugh2::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

As if to a 5 year old:

"The only reason I buy a product or not is if that product meets my needs. The company's advertising - or even logo-choice - is theirs; I don't much care about those things."

Okay Champ? Got that? Now, run along and play.

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi! I am PB! I only replied here to flame and insult. Luckily, Board staff babysits me when I'm posting. They edited out my bullshit - all that was left is...well..this. :)

actsnoblemartin
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
you dont have to be a condescending little asshole ya know? :slap:

:lame2:

and It wasnt just this that pisses me off, and its not just because blues man is my friend

#1 I like ya as a person

#2 this is unbecoming crap, and I expect better of you

#3 stop trying to bate people into an argument just cause you cant handle what they say

As if to a 5 year old:

"The only reason I buy a product or not is if that product meets my needs. The company's advertising - or even logo-choice - is theirs; I don't much care about those things."

Okay Champ? Got that? Now, run along and play.

dont let him bate you, at this point id put his mean spirited ass on ignore.

I dont normally let myself become this angry, but I hate bullies

Hi! I am PB! I only replied here to flame and insult. Luckily, Board staff babysits me when I'm posting. They edited out my bullshit - all that was left is...well..this.

darin
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
you dont have to be a condescending little asshole ya know? :slap:

:lame2:

and It wasnt just this that pisses me off, and its not just because blues man is my friend

#1 I like ya as a person

#2 this is unbecoming crap, and I expect better of you

#3 stop trying to bate people into an argument just cause you cant handle what they say

dont let him bate you, at this point id put his mean spirited ass on ignore.

I dont normally let myself become this angry, but I hate bullies

So Martin...PB Can toss out his condescending Bullshit to ME...and when I return ANY AMOUNT Of attitude I'm in the wrong? That's how you really feel, eh?

darin
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
PB and Martin removed from thread.

Binky
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM

BTY ive been a pepsiholic since i was a kid. when it was bottled.

My sibs and I never got much pop. When we did it was always on Friday nights, along with ice cream, since that was pay day for my dad. When I met my hubby I srarted drinking pepsi, then when coke came out with a diet coke that tasted good, I began drinking that instead. Still do.... Now I don't touch anything that's loaded with sugar.. :puke3:

revelarts
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
My sibs and I never got much pop. When we did it was always on Friday nights, along with ice cream, since that was pay day for my dad. When I met my hubby I srarted drinking pepsi, then when coke came out with a diet coke that tasted good, I began drinking that instead. Still do.... Now I don't touch anything that's loaded with sugar.. :puke3:

Good on ya Binky, I use to drink Sodas all the time when I was a kid. with dinner on a regular basis now I'm like an ex-smoker telling everybody to quit.

so here we go,

the diet version isn't much better health wise though.

Aspartame is probably worse for you.

Diet Coke™ - Ingredients
Carbonated Water
High Fructose Corn Syrup = Sugar
Caramel Color
Phosphoric Acid
Natural Flavors = ???
Caffeine
Aspartame (NutraSweet) = poison
Potassium Benzoate
Citric acid
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvFRLIjOLOU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvFRLIjOLOU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Who sees a new logo and says "I think I'll drink some Pepsi"?

These people need lobotomized.

red states rule
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM

That is a fact

$5 for a 24 pack. Best price in town

I love Wal Mart

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Fuck Wal Mart.

red states rule
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Fuck Wal Mart.

Why would you say that? Wal Mart has done more to help working people and their families then any government program ever has

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Why would you say that? Wal Mart has done more to help working people and their families then any government program ever has

Wal Mart is a cancer, the great Satan of capitalism.

The bane of small, family businesses, the bastardization of the American culture, the purveyor of fucking crap.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=433836#post433836

red states rule
07-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Wal Mart is a cancer, the great Satan of capitalism.

The bane of small, family businesses, the bastardization of the American culture, the purveyor of fucking crap.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=433836#post433836

Wal Mart is a shining example of the entrepreneurship mentality and the free enterprise system

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Wal Mart is a shining example of the entrepreneurship mentality and the free enterprise system

Wal Mart is the bastion of political corruption and unchecked power and leverage.

Ben and Jerry's is (was actually) a shining example of the entrepreneurship mentality of the free enterprise system. Wal Mart and other mega corps create impossible barriers for entrepreneurs by undercutting them with cost and supply chain efficiencies.

Don't believe me. Go open a retail store in a town that has a Wal Mart. Go ahead, I dare you.

red states rule
07-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Wal Mart is the bastion of political corruption and unchecked power and leverage.

Ben and Jerry's is (was actually) a shining example of the entrepreneurship mentality of the free enterprise system. Wal Mart and other mega corps create impossible barriers for entrepreneurs by undercutting them with cost and supply chain efficiencies.

Don't believe me. Go open a retail store in a town that has a Wal Mart. Go ahead, I dare you.

Wal Mart has the buying power and thus buy the stuff cheaper. If you are supplying thousands of stores VS the local retail store - who do you think will get the stuff cheaper?

Wal Mart has the better business model and thus is more successful

Mr. P
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM

Walmart didn't kill the local places here, nor did Homedepot or Lowes. All three were predicted to kill the local business...they didn't, all but a few locals are still here. New business here has actually grown since these three mega stores went in 15 yrs ago.

*I step foot in Walmart once every 2-3 yrs. maybe. That has nothing to do with the Walmart Corp, I just hate rubbing elbows with the "Typical" Walmart Shopper.*

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Walmart didn't kill the local places here, nor did Homedepot or Lowes. All three were predicted to kill the local business...they didn't, all but a few locals are still here. New business here has actually grown since these three mega stores went in 15 yrs ago.

*I step foot in Walmart once every 2-3 yrs. maybe. That has nothing to do with the Walmart Corp, I just hate rubbing elbows with the "Typical" Walmart Shopper.*

That area is clearly in the minority. The vast majority of areas where Wal Mart has opened stores have experienced a drastic drop in local and small business activity. Wal Mart is predatory in this way, as is the big box pharmacies. They target areas that have small, local pharmacies and put them out of business.

I'm being a bit dramatic here, but I do feel a sense of the bastardization of our culture when small, unique shops (and the opportunity for the average guy) go by the wayside for the sterilized, borg-like big-box retailers.

Mr. P
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
That area is clearly in the minority. The vast majority of areas where Wal Mart has opened stores have experienced a drastic drop in local and small business activity. Wal Mart is predatory in this way, as is the big box pharmacies. They target areas that have small, local pharmacies and put them out of business.

I'm being a bit dramatic here, but I do feel a sense of the bastardization of our culture when small, unique shops (and the opportunity for the average guy) go by the wayside for the sterilized, borg-like big-box retailers.

Unique shops can survive if they're smart...It all about the free market Capitalist system, not one business or the other...It works well..IMO

krisy
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
I can't say that I love the Wal Mart experience when I shop there,rude clueless workers,crowds,you get the idea. On the other hand,that is what we can afford. If we had to buy clothes at the mall....well,we couldn't. The food prices are great too. I have recently switched grocery shopping to Kroger,because I was tired of the morons in Wal Mart and needed a break. I do good at Kroger for food,so that's where I'll be.

I do believe Wal Mart has helped many people in this rough economy tho. A lot of people just can't afford things anywhere else.

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I can't say that I love the Wal Mart experience when I shop there,rude clueless workers,crowds,you get the idea. On the other hand,that is what we can afford. If we had to buy clothes at the mall....well,we couldn't. The food prices are great too. I have recently switched grocery shopping to Kroger,because I was tired of the morons in Wal Mart and needed a break. I do good at Kroger for food,so that's where I'll be.

I do believe Wal Mart has helped many people in this rough economy tho. A lot of people just can't afford things anywhere else.
That's it, Krisy! No one should be ashamed of shopping where they can afford OR want to shop. I challenge anyone to show me the difference between XYZ brand product at Walmart vs the same at any other store. In other words, a GE toaster model 12345 is the same damn thing regardless of where you buy it.

This brings up so many more issues besides shopping at Walmart.
For example: MOST people WITH money are frugal (relative to income), that's how they got there and I have no doubt they too shop at Walmart from time to time. Did you know the most popular vehicle among millionaires is an F-150? Surprised?

As for me..I still pick up a penny from the ground if I see it...just 99 more and I have a dollar! I'll always shop for the best price on the same item regardless of who is selling it. :thumb:

krisy
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
That's it, Krisy! No one should be ashamed of shopping where they can afford OR want to shop. I challenge anyone to show me the difference between XYZ brand product at Walmart vs the same at any other store. In other words, a GE toaster model 12345 is the same damn thing regardless of where you buy it.

For example: MOST people WITH money are frugal (relative to income), that's how they got there and I have no doubt they too shop at Walmart from time to time. Did you know the most popular vehicle among millionaires is an F-150? Surprised?

As for me..I still pick up a penny from the ground if I see it...just 99 more and I have a dollar! I'll always shop for the best price on the same item regardless of who is selling it. :thumb:

Agreed!!

Sweetchuck
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM

Couldn't disagree with you more.

Food is graded - like beef (grade "a", "b", etc). Store brand stuff is a lesser quality and grade. If choking down stems when you buy green beans is fine with you then you have value. If tossing out socks days after you purchase them because they basically disintegrate when you put them on for the first time, go for it.

I don't find value in having to eat rancid almonds because they're $.50 cheaper than Planters, or having to deal with holes in my sweat pants because they're a couple bucks cheaper than the name brand.

There are few, only few store brand things I'll buy - the rest and majority is sub-standard quality.

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more.

Food is graded - like beef (grade "a", "b", etc). Store brand stuff is a lesser quality and grade. If choking down stems when you buy green beans is fine with you then you have value. If tossing out socks days after you purchase them because they basically disintegrate when you put them on for the first time, go for it.

I don't find value in having to eat rancid almonds because they're $.50 cheaper than Planters, or having to deal with holes in my sweat pants because they're a couple bucks cheaper than the name brand.

There are few, only few store brand things I'll buy - the rest and majority is sub-standard quality.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm talking name brand not store brand.

Sweetchuck
07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm talking name brand not store brand.

Ok - I thought by "xyz brand" you meant the store brand.

Brand names are pretty much all I'll buy there anymore.

Insein
07-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Unique shops can survive if they're smart...It all about the free market Capitalist system, not one business or the other...It works well..IMO

Agreed. WalMart once upon a time was a local "Mom and Pop" store that grew into the multi national corporation it is today. They are the American Dream. They shouldn't be ridiculed. They should be lauded. This is how you run a business. Offer products and services people want at prices they can afford by effectively managing costs. Imagine that.