PDA

View Full Version : Family Dynamics

SassyLady
06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Is anyone interested in participating in a new forum called Family Dynamics? A simple forum with two categories - Good Things and Bad Things? A place where we could discuss dysfunctional families? No matter what a person's politics are, they all have some type of family dynamic they grew up in and are now living in. A place to talk about domestic violence, aging parents, sexual abuse, inlaws, successful children, problem children, etc. I have no problem talking about my family dynamics, but others might not think a public forum is the place, so I thought I would ask the members before asking Jim set it up.

chloe
06-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm sure alot of people will talk in it, are you gonna be the mod for it?

SassyLady
06-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm sure alot of people will talk in it, are you gonna be the mod for it?

:eek::eek:

Never thought about that! I have no idea what a mod does...I can barely find the smiley faces!!!

chloe
06-13-2010, 11:08 PM
:eek::eek:

Never thought about that! I have no idea what a mod does...I can barely find the smiley faces!!!

I don't like to tell private things publicly but I could talk about some things in my family like alcoholism but I wish you were mod of it:cool:

Mr. P
06-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I would offer my experiences when/if appropriate. If just one person gets some comfort from such a forum it would be well worth it.

People helping people based on common experience...what can be wrong with that? :thumb:

SassyLady
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't like to tell private things publicly but I could talk about some things in my family like alcoholism but I wish you were mod of it:cool:

Thanks Chloe!!! You probably have a lot more patience than I do!!

I think a lot of people have had some type of family dynamic experience they'd like to share .... and a discussion on alcoholism would probably get a lot of input. Thank you for agreeing to share your experiences.

SassyLady
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I would offer my experiences when/if appropriate. If just one person gets some comfort from such a forum it would be well worth it.

People helping people based on common experience...what can be wrong with that? :thumb:

You are absolutely right Mr. P!!! Thanks for the encouragement. :thumb:

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 02:01 AM
IMO, I don't believe such a forum would be very successfuly, but what do I know?

I'm the guy who would have bet the farm that Bill Clinton would never be re-elected.

SassyLady
06-14-2010, 02:47 AM
IMO, I don't believe such a forum would be very successfuly, but what do I know?

I'm the guy who would have bet the farm that Bill Clinton would never be re-elected.

Gonna just sit on the fence? :coffee:

Kathianne
06-14-2010, 07:17 AM
I like the concept, but don't think that limiting it to only 'dyfunction' is necessary. Question though, why isn't the lounge appropriate? Seems there have been lots of advice, discussion, and some rants that were pretty good at generating many posts?

chloe
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks Chloe!!! You probably have a lot more patience than I do!!

I think a lot of people have had some type of family dynamic experience they'd like to share .... and a discussion on alcoholism would probably get a lot of input. Thank you for agreeing to share your experiences.

Your welcome, half my family is a bunch of drunks LOL, but I don't speak to them anymore. I don't drink alcohol anymore either since I cut them out of my life. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-14-2010, 11:40 AM
My job is to deal with dysfunctional families and their kids. Not sure if I want to delve to deeply into it on my free time.

Perhaps we can discuss dysfunctional message boards instead. :p

chloe
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
My job is to deal with dysfunctional families and their kids. Not sure if I want to delve to deeply into it on my free time.

:laugh2: will you mod that one>?

gabosaurus
06-14-2010, 11:46 AM
I dunno. I might end up banning myself.

chloe
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM

OMG not you too, your one of my favorite Liberals !

Abbey Marie
06-14-2010, 12:31 PM

:laugh2: Then I'd just have to flex my i-muscles and un-ban you.

SassyLady
06-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I like the concept, but don't think that limiting it to only 'dyfunction' is necessary. Question though, why isn't the lounge appropriate? Seems there have been lots of advice, discussion, and some rants that were pretty good at generating many posts?

I didn't mean to imply that it would be just for dysfunctional dynamics .... I think I mentioned there would be a category for "Good/Positive" and one for "Bad/Negative".

As for the Lounge .... if it's decided there is no need for a separate forum then I suppose the Lounge will continue to be the catchall for the subject.

SassyLady
06-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Well, some of them definitely take on the dynamics of a family. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-16-2010, 03:10 PM
MKP, I think it's a good idea. I'll ask about it.

chloe
06-21-2010, 07:26 PM
MKP, I think it's a good idea. I'll ask about it.

what's the update?

Mr. P
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
what's the update?

6 YES....
1 NO.....

:poke:

chloe
06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
6 YES....
1 NO.....

:poke:

I mean't did Abbey find out if there will be a forum like that created.

darin
06-21-2010, 08:01 PM
As long as there's no hippy/psycho-babble BS... :)

Binky
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm fine with it. Maybe someone could actually get something from it that would help them.... You could give it a chance and see how it flies. Worse case scenerio is it doesn't and people don't want to participate.

SassyLady
06-22-2010, 12:09 AM
The poll is now closed and I have asked Jim to create the forum .... so, all you that voted yes think about something you'd like to share that you feel others can learn a lesson from.

And thanks for all the feedback and thanks in advance for your participation.