PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone guess which house is mine?

Little-Acorn
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.little-acorn.com/pics/flag00.jpg

SassyLady
06-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Huhhhh....let's see .... the one on the left?! LOL!!!

I have a 40' flag pole in my back yard!!!! Used to in front of an armory..they were going to trash it so hubby brought it home. Had to get about 20 guys and some pretty clever leveraging to erect it again....we did it on a Memorial Day weekend barbecue.

Nice set of palms!

Little-Acorn
06-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Huhhhh....let's see .... the one on the left?!
How did you know? ;)

I have a 40' flag pole in my back yard!!!! Used to in front of an armory..they were going to trash it so hubby brought it home. Had to get about 20 guys and some pretty clever leveraging to erect it again....we did it on a Memorial Day weekend barbecue.

I got that flag on Ebay for $29 new. Flags that size (8x12) usually go for $mucho, but this was a thinner one, made of pretty decent nylon, and the stars aren't embroidered. Looks great anyway. We'll see how long it lasts.

Picked up another by bidding $16 (!), then a 6x10 for $0.99 (!!!!). Not sure what I'll do with them, maybe save to replace the present one when the wind rips it to shreds, if it does.

SassyLady
06-14-2010, 01:21 AM
How did you know? ;)

I got that flag on Ebay for $29 new. Flags that size (8x12) usually go for $mucho, but this was a thinner one, made of pretty decent nylon, and the stars aren't embroidered. Looks great anyway. We'll see how long it lasts.

Picked up another by bidding $16 (!), then a 6x10 for $0.99 (!!!!). Not sure what I'll do with them, maybe save to replace the present one when the wind rips it to shreds, if it does.

Do you leave it up 24/7? If so I think you are supposed to have a light on it. I know that we have a light that comes on at dusk to spotlight it. We put a 10'x15' and they are expensive and depending on how bad the weather has been ... last for about 3 years before they start getting to the point they need to be disposed of.

We take it to our local American Legion and they dispose of it for us.

Good thing you don't have any HOA rules to keep you from flying it.

And, thanks for your patriotism Little Acorn.

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Hmmm? :confused: Inny-many-minny-mo? :dunno:

:salute:

Abbey Marie
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Lol!

hjmick
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Yours is the house with the letter from the HOA in the mailbox...

Little-Acorn
06-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Yours is the house with the letter from the HOA in the mailbox...

If we had an HOA, my house would be the one with the ticking time bomb in the mailbox........ :eek:

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 01:00 PM
If we had an HOA, my house would be the one with the ticking time bomb in the mailbox........ :eek:Just think?...Because of the content of this post, somewhere a Super Computer red-flagged it to be scrutinized by some government agency. :no:

Really! :scared: Of course, it's for your own good. :cool:

Little-Acorn
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Just think?...Because of the content of this post, somewhere a Super Computer red-flagged it to be scrutinized by some government agency.

They did that yesterday because of the pic.

Mr. P
06-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I hate how they slam homes so damn close to one another like that.

Little-Acorn
06-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I hate how they slam homes so damn close to one another like that.

Hard to tell from the pic, but this is the end of a cul-de-sac. Narrow front yards, big (sort of) back yards.

With land prices being what they are in heavily-zoned coastal California, if they put the houses farther apart, they'd double the prices. Or more.