PDA

View Full Version : Obama signs executive order to control your lifestyle

red states rule
06-14-2010, 05:44 AM
First Obama signs a bill that forces all of us to buy government health insurance - now he signs am executive order that allows the government to determine how we live

Anyone see the pattern emerging?

Executive Order-- Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council
EXECUTIVE ORDER

ESTABLISHING THE NATIONAL PREVENTION, HEALTH PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC HEALTH COUNCIL

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 4001 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148), it is hereby ordered as follows:

snip

Sec. 3. Purposes and Duties. The Council shall:

(a) provide coordination and leadership at the Federal level, and among all executive departments and agencies, with respect to prevention, wellness, and health promotion practices, the public health system, and integrative health care in the United States;

(b) develop, after obtaining input from relevant stakeholders, a national prevention, health promotion, public health, and integrative health-care strategy that incorporates the most effective and achievable means of improving the health status of Americans and reducing the incidence of preventable illness and disability in the United States, as further described in section 5 of this order;

(c) provide recommendations to the President and the Congress concerning the most pressing health issues confronting the United States and changes in Federal policy to achieve national wellness, health promotion, and public health goals, including the reduction of tobacco use, sedentary behavior, and poor nutrition;

(d) consider and propose evidence-based models, policies, and innovative approaches for the promotion of transformative models of prevention, integrative health, and public health on individual and community levels across the United States;

(e) establish processes for continual public input, including input from State, regional, and local leadership communities and other relevant stakeholders, including Indian tribes and tribal organizations;

(f) submit the reports required by section 6 of this order; and

(g) carry out such other activities as are determined appropriate by the President.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-establishing-national-prevention-health-promotion-and-public-health

stephanie
06-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Well hell why not.

don't forget, the Obama is sooooooooooooo intelligent and he and his comrades in arms in his administration KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.

Thanks all who voted this crap, you owe us all an apology..

Gaffer
06-14-2010, 07:25 AM
And everyone says just wait till 2012 and we'll throw him out on his ass. Do you all really think he's going to let that happen? He's got two and a half years to get everything in place. It's just starting. Birthers are a distraction, corruption is not news worthy. Inaction during a crisis is not important. While everyone is concentrating on changing things in 10 and 12 he's moving ahead with his plans.

Talking just delays the inevitable.

Insein
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
And everyone says just wait till 2012 and we'll throw him out on his ass. Do you all really think he's going to let that happen? He's got two and a half years to get everything in place. It's just starting. Birthers are a distraction, corruption is not news worthy. Inaction during a crisis is not important. While everyone is concentrating on changing things in 10 and 12 he's moving ahead with his plans.

Talking just delays the inevitable.

Birthers are a distraction. You won't be able to prove his country of origin until many years down the road. So why waste the effort and give him an effective means of distraction.

Corruption is newsworthy. If only we had a media that displayed the news. This scandal with Blago alone would be something that would lead headlines for 4 straight years if it was during the Bush admin. Then you have the whole Sestak thing and there would be have calls for blood by the news media. We have a government run media though, so its difficult to have investigative journalism from internet sources that the masses will believe. the people are so accustomed to believing what they see on TV at 6pm everyday. Its the way they have been programmed. Its hard to right it but fight it we must.

Neutering him is the first step in the process. He will try to push as much through as he can before November but we have to make sure he has no power after that. We need elected representatives that represent the people. Focusing all the efforts on that is key.

red states rule
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Well hell why not.

don't forget, the Obama is sooooooooooooo intelligent and he and his comrades in arms in his administration KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.

Thanks all who voted this crap, you owe us all an apology..

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/liberals20are20wrong20smug20billboard20road20sign. jpg?w=552&h=326

sybarite
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
And Obama's going to set an example for the rest of us by giving up the pack of cigarettes he smokes every day? Yeah......right!:rolleyes:

red states rule
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
And Obama's going to set an example for the rest of us by giving up the pack of cigarettes he smokes every day? Yeah......right!:rolleyes:

He could also roll back the tax on them as well

SpidermanTUba
06-15-2010, 12:15 AM
First Obama signs a bill that forces all of us to buy government health insurance - now he signs am executive order that allows the government to determine how we live

Anyone see the pattern emerging?

How exactly is that going to control my life?

red states rule
06-15-2010, 04:54 AM
How exactly is that going to control my life?

First you are forced to but in insurance

If you lose your current coverage, Obamacare makes buying private insurance ILLEGAL

With government run healthcare (like it is in other countries) the government can tell you how to live - if you want the coverage.

No wonder 58% still support the repeal of Obamacare. Oh well, next January they will get their wish with the new Congress

bullypulpit
06-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Red...you've been drinking WAAAAAAAY too much RWN kool-aid. :laugh2:

red states rule
06-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Red...you've been drinking WAAAAAAAY too much RWN kool-aid. :laugh2:

Wow BP, Like your elected Dems going into this election cycle, you go right to insults and declined to list the acutal contents of Obamacare that show I am wrong

Have you seen the polls showing that 58% want Obamacare repealed?

Obama is at 45% approval

Or the cost of Obamacare continues to climb and adding to the debt?

Or (as I posted before) Dems did lie when they said they would cut Medicare paymemnts to Doctors to keep the cost of Obamacare under ONE TRILLION DOLLARS - they want to repeal the "doctor fix"

Wil you reply or will you run away as usual?

SpidermanTUba
06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
First you are forced to but in insurance

I've already got health care insurance and intend to keep it, so that doesn't bother me. As far as all the idiots who can afford health ins. but refuse to get it, I'm glad they'll have to buy it now, that way when they show up in the emergency room my tax dollars don't have to pay for it.

HogTrash
06-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Red...you've been drinking WAAAAAAAY too much RWN kool-aid. :laugh2:Have you been in a coma or doing hard time?

I believe you may be just a little bit confused Bully.

'Koolaid' is the preferred drink of Obama's liberal pawns.

stephanie
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I've already got health care insurance and intend to keep it, so that doesn't bother me. As far as all the idiots who can afford health ins. but refuse to get it, I'm glad they'll have to buy it now, that way when they show up in the emergency room my tax dollars don't have to pay for it.

wow, you would look good in a brown shirt and black boots.

Scratch a Liberal find a fascist.

red states rule
06-16-2010, 06:28 PM

If yu would lose your coverage, you would NOT be permitted to buy your insurance from the company of your choice. You would be FORCED to take the government policy, and at whatever coverage limits they decide to offer you

Where in the US Constitution does it gve the Federal government the pwer to require a US citizen to buy a particular product?

What about those who are wealthy enough to pay cash for their medical services and therfore decline to buy insurance? Or those choose not to soend their money on insurance but other things they want?

Are you saying the ogvernment has the Constitutional authority to force them to buy a policy from the government? And do you support them being sent to jail if they fail to obey - as stated in the final bill

SpidermanTUba
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
If yu would lose your coverage, you would NOT be permitted to buy your insurance from the company of your choice. You would be FORCED to take the government policy, and at whatever coverage limits they decide to offer you

I may be forced to pay the penalty if I go uninsured, but I won't be forced to not buy my own insurance, you're full of shit.

Where in the US Constitution does it gve the Federal government the pwer to require a US citizen to buy a particular product?

It doesn't. It gives the federal government the power to tax income and spend for the general welfare.

What about those who are wealthy enough to pay cash for their medical services and therfore decline to buy insurance?
Yeah, I feel so sorry for people so wealthy they don't need health insurance.

Or those choose not to soend their money on insurance but other things they want?
Those people who can afford it but don't buy it are obviously morons.

red states rule
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
I may be forced to pay the penalty if I go uninsured, but I won't be forced to not buy my own insurance, you're full of shit.

It doesn't. It gives the federal government the power to tax income and spend for the general welfare.
Yeah, I feel so sorry for people so wealthy they don't need health insurance.
Those people who can afford it but don't buy it are obviously morons.

You are the one who is full of it. The bill clearly states you will NOT be allowed to buy a policy from a private insurance company. You will be forced to buy from the Feds - or be fined and go to to jail if you do not pay the fine

To maintain status as a grandfathered health plan, a plan or health insurance coverage must include a statement, in any plan materials provided to participants or beneficiaries (in the individual market, primary subscribers) describing the benefits provided under the plan or health insurance coverage, that the plan or health insurance coverage believes it is a grandfathered health plan within the meaning of section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act and providing contact information for questions and complaints. Model language is provided in these interim final regulations that can be used to satisfy this disclosure requirement
Similarly, under these interim final regulations, to maintain status as a grandfathered health plan, a plan or issuer must also maintain records documenting the terms of the plan or health insurance coverage that were in effect on March 23, 2010, and any other documents necessary to verify, explain, or clarify its status as a grandfathered health plan. In addition, the plan or issuer must make such records available for examination. Accordingly, a participant, beneficiary, individual policy subscriber, or State or Federal agency official would be able to inspect such documents to verify the status of the plan or health insurance coverage as a grandfathered health plan.

http://www.posey.house.gov/UploadedFiles/HealthCareReformDraftRegulations-June-2010.pdf

Obamacare will lose in the courts. that is why about 30 states have taken this to court. The Feds have no athority to force private citizens to buy any product

It is amazing how arrogant liberals think they know best how to spend others people money