PDA

View Full Version : New forum suggestion...

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Would anyone be interested in a forum to present and/or discuss extreme points of view, whether they be from the left or the right?.....It could be called 'The Extreme Element'

Argument for - It could help to eliminate any myths or misconceptions that the primary purpose of DP is to promote extremist points of view, such as the concerns raised in the 'DP starting to look like stormfront' thread.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=28099

Argument against - ???

chloe
06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Would anyone be interested in a forum to present and/or discuss extreme points of view, whether they be from the left or the right?.....It could be called 'The Extreme Element'

Argument for - It could help to eliminate any myths or misconceptions that the primary purpose of DP is to promote extremist points of view, such as the concerns raised in the 'DP starting to look like stormfront' thread.

Argument against - ???

Should we create The Extreme Element forum?

Yeah sure it is a good addition. BTW with all the new additions will there also be new funding ie: DONATIONS to Jims board?

Also for Liberals perhaps there could be a "Politically Correct" section as well.:coffee:

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah sure it is a good addition. BTW with all the new additions will there also be new funding ie: DONATIONS to Jims board?I am very careful about my donations to these websites.

As you might suspect, I have a nack for getting banned. :banned:

Also for Liberals perhaps there could be a "Politically Correct" section as well.:coffee:There is no forum large enough to contain Political Correctness.

It has saturated western civilization like brine in the oceans waters.

gabosaurus
06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
So what you are saying is that you want a separate White Supremacist forum?

chloe
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I am very careful about my donations to these websites.

wow your almost as paranoid as me :laugh2:

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
So what you are saying is that you want a separate White Supremacist forum?I thought I made it pretty clear what the reasoning behind it was and who it was for.

Argument against - ???To be honest with you Gabby, I don't believe my points of view are extremist at all, seeing how my only crime is telling the truth.

I'm the only one calling for an end to all racism, while the liberal's rules of political correctness wholeheartedly supports it.

If racism is a sign of extremism, that would make you much more extreme than me...After all, it's your ideology that promotes Affirmative Action.

I'm only considered the bad guy because progressives have been making the rules for the last 50 years, and have corrupted the American Dream.

You better pray the tables don't turn Gabby, cuz I don't think you and your kind could handle a return to the American Republic our forefathers created.

Gaffer
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Hog your right about that.

You better pray the tables don't turn Gabby, cuz I don't think you and your kind could handle a return to the American Republic our forefathers created.

They will not just give up and there will be some serious bloodshed before its over.

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
wow your almost as paranoid as me :laugh2:Maybe we're not paranoid at all Chloe...Maybe we've simply bit our tongue enough to know not to stick it out when we're chewing gum.

gabosaurus
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM

You are quite right. The "American Republic our forefathers created" was a white only, male only society based on wealth and privilege. If you were not an upper class white male, you had no say in anything.
I am not for a return to that standard. I am enjoy diversity. I enjoy my co-workers and my students (who are primarily Latino). My daughter enjoys visiting my sister in East Los Angeles, where she is accepted as a visiting norteno or gabacho.
I am also not for the return of all-white bathrooms or retail establishments. I am not for the return of the Ku Klux Klan terrorizing minorities in the name of white supremacy.
You want equality among all white males. And nothing else.

PostmodernProphet
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
So what you are saying is that you want a separate White Supremacist forum?

we could call it Stormfront....

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
You are quite right. The "American Republic our forefathers created" was a white only, male only society based on wealth and privilege. If you were not an upper class white male, you had no say in anything.
I am not for a return to that standard. I am enjoy diversity. I enjoy my co-workers and my students (who are primarily Latino). My daughter enjoys visiting my sister in East Los Angeles, where she is accepted as a visiting norteno or gabacho.
I am also not for the return of all-white bathrooms or retail establishments. I am not for the return of the Ku Klux Klan terrorizing minorities in the name of white supremacy.
You want equality among all white males. And nothing else.You are definately a product of the government's new and improved dumbed down public school system. :tinfoil:

"Whoever controls the past, controls the future...Whoever controls the present, controls the past" - George Orwell '1984'

HogTrash
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
5 members visited here but only 2 of us voted...What's up with that?

How about some participation DP?...Are you too afraid to cast a vote?

PostmodernProphet
06-14-2010, 09:54 PM
voting would imply you had legitimacy....

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 05:28 AM
You want equality among all white males. And nothing else.

Actually Gabby, many of the Founders were not at all comfortable with many of the restrictions of their time, many wrote privately regarding the immorality of slavery and a few even regarding how women were less than fairly treated. Indeed, many fretted that the country was becoming more elitist and less open to immigrants and those from lower stations rising to reach their dreams.

However, they were bottom line pragmatists. To get the Constitution ratified, they compromised to get it 'done.' Slavery? Put it off for 20 years, only line in the original referring to that practice. However they also resisted efforts to institutionalize some practices that more extreme members would have liked, such as restrictions on immigration.

Has there ever been perfection? No. Doubt we'll ever reach that, but then again the goal was always 'towards a more perfect union...'

There will always be the racists and the misogynists. Good news is that those folks did not win the arguments in the past and they won't in the future. They may appear to make headway, but in the long-term they lose the argument.

That doesn't mean they give up, but then neither will the rest of us. While none of us lives up to our own ideals all of the time, as a country we have and will often fall short too of our ideals. However it is possible to marry the ideas of more freedom with less government, without taking away the opportunities from those less successful at the moment; that is where the extremists on both sides get lost.

People do not need the government to succeed and others successes does not diminish our own. Good people help those in need realize their potential by opportunities and a hand up. Misguided people believe that government provided goods will level the field, in fact it just creates dependence and closes the doors on others.

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
voting would imply you had legitimacy....I don't need legitamacy...As it stands, I can post my opinions in any forum I choose.

I was simply offering a solution to alleviate any concerns about "sending the wrong messge" about DP.

It would also demonstrate a greater diversity of ideas, making DP a very unique and possibly more popular political wedsite.

Nukeman
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't need legitamacy...As it stands, I can post my opinions in any forum I choose.

I was simply offering a solution to alleviate any concerns about "sending the wrong messge" about DP.

It would also demonstrate a greater diversity of ideas, making DP a very unique and possibly more popular political wedsite.
You have got to be kidding your only ideas are PC and racism!!!!!!!! How is that a "greater diversity"

I have to say I think it is a "STUPID" AND "BAD" idea to set up a specific forum for you to spout your racism and your condemnation of ANYONE that doesn't subscribe to your narrow thought process......:poke:

You only have two topics and you accuse everyone of being PC... what a load of crap!!!!!!!!

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 10:27 AM
You have got to be kidding your only ideas are PC and racism!!!!!!!! How is that a "greater diversity"

I have to say I think it is a "STUPID" AND "BAD" idea to set up a specific forum for you to spout your racism and your condemnation of ANYONE that doesn't subscribe to your narrow thought process......:poke:

You only have two topics and you accuse everyone of being PC... what a load of crap!!!!!!!!I regularly cover a wide range of topics that you have apparently missed...Your programmed PC filters are quite affective Nukeman.

Which is it that has a "narrow thought process"?...Someone who follows the popular system of beliefs or someone who breaks from them?

Those who confine themselves to the safety of the flock and blindly accept whatever 'truth' is hand fed to them are sheep, while those who go in search of it with an open mind are enlightened.

gabosaurus
06-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Piggie is always telling us that anyone who does not subscribe to his narrow beliefs is wrong. Sounds like he wants to be white supremacist Iman. I am waiting for him to start issuing racist fatwas against us.

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I regularly cover a wide range of topics that you have apparently missed...Your programmed PC filters are quite affective Nukeman.

Which is it that has a "narrow thought process"?...Someone who follows the popular system of beliefs or someone who breaks from them?

Those who confine themselves to the safety of the flock and blindly accept whatever 'truth' is hand fed to them are sheep, while those who go in search of it with an open mind are enlightened.

I don't see you contributing on a 'wide range of topics.' You do jump on nearly all threads, spouting PC and implying everyone who doesn't agree with you is brainwashed. You effectively cut down on true discourse, I'm sure knowingly.

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't need legitamacy...As it stands, I can post my opinions in any forum I choose.

the only ones it would make it more popular with would be the ones that should stick to Stormfront.....

Nukeman
06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I regularly cover a wide range of topics that you have apparently missed...Your programmed PC filters are quite affective Nukeman.

I'm going to parrot kathianne, you MAY jump into a number of threads but all you say is "your bing pc programed".

You are such a one trick pony it is laughable. I don't thinkYOU realize how many actually laugh at you and your insane obsession and narrow mindedness.......:poke:

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't see you contributing on a 'wide range of topics.' You do jump on nearly all threads, spouting PC and implying everyone who doesn't agree with you is brainwashed. You effectively cut down on true discourse, I'm sure knowingly.I won't bother to post links of my "wide range of topics"...To much copy and paste.

Kathianne, you're the only one from management to show up here.[so far anyway]

What do you think about my suggestion for an 'Extreme Element Forum' ???

{why didn't you vote?}

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm going to parrot kathianne, you MAY jump into a number of threads but all you say is "your bing pc programed".

You are such a one trick pony it is laughable. I don't thinkYOU realize how many actually laugh at you and your insane obsession and narrow mindedness.......:poke:Yep, I accuse almost everyone of political correctness and everyone denies it.

But of course, unlike everyone else, your denial of the practice of PC is 100% factual.

People cannot deny that PC exists because they see it's influence in every aspect of daily life.

The only defense each of us can put forward is that "I personaly am not guilty of the practice of PC".

This alleviates our guilt and comforts us as we watch our nation crumble around us, smuggly disconnected.

Yes Nukeman, you are as PC as they come...But don't feel like the Lone Ranger, cuz you gotta lotta company.

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I won't bother to post links of my "wide range of topics"...To much copy and paste.

Kathianne, you're the only one from management to show up here.[so far anyway]

What do you think about my suggestion for an 'Extreme Element Forum' ???

{why didn't you vote?}
I replied as a member, not 'management.' I don't like voting in such a poll.

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I replied as a member, not 'management.' I don't like voting in such a poll.I know the feeling and can relate to your apprehension, Kat.

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I know the feeling and can relate to your apprehension, Kat.
I doubt that, mine was not apprehension, rather good judgement.

Mr. P
06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I doubt that, mine was not apprehension, rather good judgement.

Yeah..cuz any NO vote will be cuz yer not for extreme free speech which is, of course, PC in some way or another. Traps set by extremist are so transparent.

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah..cuz any NO vote will be cuz yer not for extreme free speech which is, of course, PC in some way or another. Traps set by extremist are so transparent.Hmmm?..."Extreme free speech"?...Who will we trust to designate exactly what constitutes "extreme speech" to qualify it as free?

'Extreme' is relative...During Hitlers reign of terror, someone who said 'jews are human beings', might have been considered 'extreme'.

Mr. P
06-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Hmmm?..."Extreme free speech"?...Who will we trust to designate exactly what constitutes "extreme speech" to qualify it as free?

'Extreme' is relative...During Hitlers reign of terror, someone who said 'jews are human beings', might have been considered 'extreme'.

Why do you want to segregate 'The Extreme Element' of speech from the mainstream? A racist dream, maybe?

DragonStryk72
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Actually Gabby, many of the Founders were not at all comfortable with many of the restrictions of their time, many wrote privately regarding the immorality of slavery and a few even regarding how women were less than fairly treated. Indeed, many fretted that the country was becoming more elitist and less open to immigrants and those from lower stations rising to reach their dreams.

However, they were bottom line pragmatists. To get the Constitution ratified, they compromised to get it 'done.' Slavery? Put it off for 20 years, only line in the original referring to that practice. However they also resisted efforts to institutionalize some practices that more extreme members would have liked, such as restrictions on immigration.

Has there ever been perfection? No. Doubt we'll ever reach that, but then again the goal was always 'towards a more perfect union...'

There will always be the racists and the misogynists. Good news is that those folks did not win the arguments in the past and they won't in the future. They may appear to make headway, but in the long-term they lose the argument.

That doesn't mean they give up, but then neither will the rest of us. While none of us lives up to our own ideals all of the time, as a country we have and will often fall short too of our ideals. However it is possible to marry the ideas of more freedom with less government, without taking away the opportunities from those less successful at the moment; that is where the extremists on both sides get lost.

People do not need the government to succeed and others successes does not diminish our own. Good people help those in need realize their potential by opportunities and a hand up. Misguided people believe that government provided goods will level the field, in fact it just creates dependence and closes the doors on others.

In fact, Thomas Jefferson was an abolitionist, and he actually freed his own slaves before the Revolutionary War started, and began paying them. This is primarily because Jefferson realized that while he was writing the words "All men are created equal", there was a degree of hypocrisy in that statement, since slaves were being kept. However, they were about to fight the Empire on which the sun never set, so there were some practical concerns there.

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
In fact, Thomas Jefferson was an abolitionist, and he actually freed his own slaves before the Revolutionary War started, and began paying them. This is primarily because Jefferson realized that while he was writing the words "All men are created equal", there was a degree of hypocrisy in that statement, since slaves were being kept. However, they were about to fight the Empire on which the sun never set, so there were some practical concerns there.

Really? I'd love to see the links to that. Jefferson wrote much about the wrongness of slavery, but with few exceptions, didn't free his that I know of.

OTOH, Washington did before his death.

gabosaurus
06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
You are definately a product of the government's new and improved dumbed down public school system.

I did graduate from a public high school. Which means I can spell words like "definitely." I also have a masters degree from one of the nation's most prestigious universities. Which means I know when someone is dumb when I come across them.
Despite all that, I have yet to figure out how being racist qualifies you as "non-PC." If it is politically correct to admit that I accept people of all races and nationalities as my equals, than I guess I am.
I am also PC in that I feel that racists are not my equals. If you feel that blacks are inferior to you, or you believe that minorities should be treated as second-class citizens, then I believe someone should come for you. Perhaps to hang you in a public square. Or drag you behind the bumper of a pick up truck. Or tell neighbors not to associate with your family because they are ignorant and diseased.
That is what I believe. Hope that was PC enough for you.

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't see you contributing on a 'wide range of topics.' You do jump on nearly all threads, spouting PC and implying everyone who doesn't agree with you is brainwashed. You effectively cut down on true discourse, I'm sure knowingly.I am at war with PC and will attack it wherever and whenever I find it.

It is like a virus that has infected the United States and spread into every nook and crannie of America society.

Nearly every American admits PC is a serious problem, yet each sincerely believes they alone have not been affected.

They hear from me that they have been living a lie, which is an unpopular messege for strong independent conservatives.

A great indicator of Political Correctness at work is evident in the controversy that surrounds the 1994 book 'The Bell Curve'

Just in case you are sincerely interested in the truth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_bell_curve

The book is a compilation of the results of years of scientific study and research that was attacked because its messege was politicaly incorrect.

It did not matter that the authors were dedicated scholars who based their findings on science, they were viciously attacked and accused of racism.

The distribution of PC forbidden material is currently still legal, but you will be attacked and accused of racism if it is spotted in your possesion.

The only "truths" permited in America are those approved by Political Correctness...All others are tabboo and forbidden.

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2010, 07:15 PM
During Hitlers reign of terror, someone who said 'jews are human beings', might have been considered 'extreme'.

most of us don't want to return to those days......

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I did graduate from a public high school. Which means I can spell words like "definitely." I also have a masters degree from one of the nation's most prestigious universities. Which means I know when someone is dumb when I come across them.
Despite all that, I have yet to figure out how being racist qualifies you as "non-PC." If it is politically correct to admit that I accept people of all races and nationalities as my equals, than I guess I am.
I am also PC in that I feel that racists are not my equals. If you feel that blacks are inferior to you, or you believe that minorities should be treated as second-class citizens, then I believe someone should come for you. Perhaps to hang you in a public square. Or drag you behind the bumper of a pick up truck. Or tell neighbors not to associate with your family because they are ignorant and diseased.
That is what I believe. Hope that was PC enough for you.I thank you for the spelling lesson, as it is not one of my strong points and I rarely click spell-check.

From what you posted, it appears that either you don't thoroughly read my posts or you just don't understand them.

This is obvious by the way you oversimplify my writings and try so desperately to fit me into your "ignorant redneck racist" box.

It will take an awful big hammer to pound that square peg into that round hole, but you appear determined.

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
most of us don't want to return to those days......You already have, the really bad part just hasn't become evident yet.

Many germans never became aware untill the allied bombs came raining down.

Mr. P
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
You already have, the really bad part just hasn't become evident yet.

Many germans never became aware untill the allied bombs came raining down.

What is "the really bad part" we already have?

HogTrash
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
What is "the really bad part" we already have?In Nazi Germany, the Jews were designated as the people it was OK to hate and blame for all the problems...Can you think of any particular group of people that has now assumed that position here in the United States?

Here are a few hints in case you are experiencing some difficulty:

This group has been singled out as greedy slave owners, haters, racists, bigots, oppressors, they are not permited to display any pride in their race, heritage or accomplishments and they are the only people that it is legally and socially acceptable to discriminate against because of their race?

In Nazi Germany, the final result was concentration camps and gas chambers...To forget or disregard history is very dangerous.

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
In Nazi Germany, the Jews were designated as the people it was OK to hate and blame for all the problems...Can you think of any particular group of people that has now assumed that position here in the United States?

Here are a few hints in case you are experiencing some difficulty:

This group has been singled out as greedy slave owners, haters, racists, bigots, oppressors, they are not permited to display any pride in their race, heritage or accomplishments and they are the only people that it is legally and socially acceptable to discriminate against because of their race?

In Nazi Germany, the final result was concentration camps and gas chambers...To forget or disregard history is very dangerous.

everybody has one of those groups....for me it's liberals, for you, it's blacks, for blacks, it's you.....

HogTrash
06-16-2010, 12:01 PM
everybody has one of those groups....for me it's liberals, for you, it's blacks, for blacks, it's you.....For me it is not only liberals, but all other forms of democrats as well.

Yes, that includes blacks and hispanics who overwhelmingly support the Democrat Party.

If all red haired freckled face fat people were statisticly proven to be democrats, they would be included as well.

It also appears you did not get the messege about 6 million jews and what group of Americans is their modern day counterparts.

"Those who are blind by choice will never see the light...Those who are deaf by choice will never hear the truth"

chloe
06-18-2010, 09:24 AM
An Extreme Forum section wouldn't be limited to the white racist, we could have the gay and lesbian rights extremists, the Black panther extremists, the feminist extremists, Religious extremists etc etc.....they can segregate themselves to that one special forum and the rest of Op's can continue posting mainstream threads.

perhaps we could also add a "special interests" group section that solicits special favors....:cool:

PostmodernProphet
06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
won't work....when the they realized the rest of us were just ignoring them they would come back and post in the normal threads anyway....

Mr. P
06-18-2010, 10:35 AM
won't work....when the they realized the rest of us were just ignoring them they would come back and post in the normal threads anyway....

I agree 100% for what it's worth.

HogTrash
06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree 100% for what it's worth.And you guys actually believe that avoiding PC sensitive material is not being politically correct?...LOL, priceless!

You have been PC programmed to filter and restrict information that has been determined by others to be inappropriate.

You self-censor yourself and are owned and too blind to see it...I know-I know, you choose not to listen to racist rhetoric. ;)

PostmodernProphet
06-18-2010, 05:31 PM
And you guys actually believe that avoiding PC sensitive material is not being politically correct?...LOL, priceless!

You have been PC programmed to filter and restrict information that has been determined by others to be inappropriate.

You self-censor yourself and are owned and too blind to see it...I know-I know, you choose not to listen to racist rhetoric. ;)

wow, all that just because we think you're an idiot and don't want to bother reading the trash you post?......