View Full Version : Democrats Jump on Rudy Giuliani for Something He Didn't Say

Lefty Wilbury
04-27-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268541,00.html

Democrats Jump on Rudy Giuliani for Something He Didn't Say

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

By Brit Hume

New 9/11?

Washington woke up to morning headlines that Rudy Giuliani predicted a "new 9-11" if a Democrat wins the presidency in 2008. Barack Obama responded that Giuliani has "taken the politics of fear to a new low." John Edwards said Giuliani's comments were "divisive and plain wrong." And Hillary Clinton called it "political rhetoric" that would not lessen the threat of terrorism.

The problem is Giuliani never said what the headlines claimed. It all started with a story in The Politico newspaper, which contained not a single quote to support its lead and headline. But it got picked up elsewhere nonetheless.

What Giuliani actually did say is what he has been saying for weeks, that Democrats would play defense instead of offense in the War on Terror, the same approach tried back before 9/11.

stephanie
04-28-2007, 03:24 AM
Lefty..........
Don't ever think......that anyone who led with misleading headline...will ever submit...that they made a mistake.........

Pfeeeeeesssswhhhhh.........No way...:salute:

diuretic
04-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Coming from Fox - :laugh2:

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, Fox calling out someone for twisting facts?http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/oa048.jpg

04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow, Fox calling out someone for twisting facts?

Yes, cause naturally Fox twists all the facts. Because giving multiple points of view is bad.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes, cause naturally Fox twists all the facts. Because giving multiple points of view is bad.

If they did it would be good, a start on their road to rehab. They don't. They purposefully twist, the evidence is out there. Fox is a joke around the world in media and general circles. Murdoch will sort them out when it suits him - that is when revenue is being lost.

04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
If they did it would be good, a start on their road to rehab. They don't. They purposefully twist, the evidence is out there. Fox is a joke around the world in media and general circles. Murdoch will sort them out when it suits him - that is when revenue is being lost.

Only among liberals who cant understand the concept of giving multiple points of view on a topic.

Last time I checked, Fox was number one. This is specifically because they do offer more than just the liberal viewpoint of the other networks.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Only among liberals who cant understand the concept of giving multiple points of view on a topic.

Last time I checked, Fox was number one. This is specifically because they do offer more than just the liberal viewpoint of the other networks.

I couldn't care less where Fox is in the ratings, now or any other time.

I know you see the mainstream media as being "liberal" and I find that a hoot whenever it's claimed. Bring up the proof or button it.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-30-2007, 02:19 AM
What Giuliani actually did say is what he has been saying for weeks, that Democrats would play defense instead of offense in the War on Terror, the same approach tried back before 9/11.

What Rudy said, that Fox left unsaid, was this:

But when Mr. Giuliani broadened that message here on Tuesday night, saying that Democrats “do not understand the full nature and scope of the terrorist war against us” and that if they were elected the United States would suffer “more losses”link (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/26/us/politics/26giuliani.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

Tell me again how Fox "reports" and "we" decide. They fail to report the whole story in case after case after case and then when they get their right tit caught in the wringer they scream for their left tit to bail them out.

Rudy is a lying sack of crap and a fear-monger in the tradition of your Boy George. Democrats are perfectly well aware what needs to be done to protect this country. Remember, it was the Democrats who proposed the Homeland Security department. Republicans only came around to accepting the idea when they realized they could lose elections if they didn't. They sold their principles of a smaller government and less intrusion into our lives for what? They whizzed thru the Patriot Act which again went against their long-standing principles and again for what? To sell out to the extremist wing of the GOP.

Rudy is just another politician in a long line of Republican politicians who will say anything or do anything to win an election, even if everything they say or do turns out to be a lie. His statement is no different that anything that any other GOPer is saying now days. And Fox reports it all. Except when they don't. Like today.

Trigg
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Rudy is just another politician in a long line of Republican politicians who will say anything or do anything to win an election,

This is a hoot. Did you even listen to the years of tripe that have fallen out of Hillarys mouth? Or, Kennedy's, or Bill's, or Kerry's????????????????????

My god democrates will call all republicans sheep and yet they faill to recognize the liers who populate their own political group.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Which means Rudy is still a liar. Thanks for the support there, pal.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
What Rudy said, that Fox left unsaid, was this:

link (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/26/us/politics/26giuliani.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

Tell me again how Fox "reports" and "we" decide. They fail to report the whole story in case after case after case and then when they get their right tit caught in the wringer they scream for their left tit to bail them out.

Rudy is a lying sack of crap and a fear-monger in the tradition of your Boy George. Democrats are perfectly well aware what needs to be done to protect this country. Remember, it was the Democrats who proposed the Homeland Security department. Republicans only came around to accepting the idea when they realized they could lose elections if they didn't. They sold their principles of a smaller government and less intrusion into our lives for what? They whizzed thru the Patriot Act which again went against their long-standing principles and again for what? To sell out to the extremist wing of the GOP.

Rudy is just another politician in a long line of Republican politicians who will say anything or do anything to win an election, even if everything they say or do turns out to be a lie. His statement is no different that anything that any other GOPer is saying now days. And Fox reports it all. Except when they don't. Like today.

when the dems say we are less safe now than we were before and more terrorists want to kill us now than before.....is not that fearmongering as well?

Nukeman
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM

BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...
BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...

Trigg
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM

You obviously can't read.

I'm not a pal

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...
BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...

FIXED!

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
You obviously can't read.

I'm not a pal

I can read just fine, pal. And Rudy is still a liar. Try again.

Trigg
05-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I can read just fine, pal. And Rudy is still a liar. Try again.

Nope you obviously can't read since this will be the second time in one thread I've told you I'm not a pal.

What exactly did he lie about???????????? That terrorism will get worse if we bail out of Iraq??? Muslim extremists will see us as weak willed.

Hey, I wish Bush would have stayed out of Iraq, and I see it as more of a civil war than anything else. But, unfortunatally Iran and the other extremists are just sitting there waiting for us to turn tail and run.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Nope you obviously can't read since this will be the second time in one thread I've told you I'm not a pal.

You made it clear that you are nobody's pal but just so you don't lose it over an informal expression and run whining to a moderator, I'll stop calling you "pal." OK, doode?

What exactly did he lie about???????????? That terrorism will get worse if we bail out of Iraq??? Muslim extremists will see us as weak willed.

Rudy went on his tirade saying that Democrats “do not understand the full nature and scope of the terrorist war against us” which is a load of horse shit if there ever was one. Plain and simple, there's your lie right there. It's Republicans vho are clueless and use fear-mongering tactics to keep us in a war that 67% of us no longer see the need for. Bush won in 2004 pandering to the fear factor and Rudy is following, like a good little sheep, in Boy George's footsteps. Bush lied about it and now Rudy is as well.

Hey, I wish Bush would have stayed out of Iraq, and I see it as more of a civil war than anything else. But, unfortunatally Iran and the other extremists are just sitting there waiting for us to turn tail and run.

Another load of crap. The extremists are there because we are there and it's a whole sight easier to sneak into the pourous borders of Iraq than to fly over here and sneak in thru Mexico. They can blend into the crowds there and take shots at us all day long. That's what they want. They recruit new members BECAUSE we are still there in their country when most Iraqis want us to go home. If you want to talk about turning tail and running, let's talk about Ronnie Ray-Gun, inventor of the modern day "Cut & Run" tactic.

A suicide bomber detonated a truck full of explosives at a U.S. Marine barracks located at Beirut International Airport; 241 U.S. Marines were killed and more than 100 others wounded. They were part of a contingent of 1,800 Marines that had been sent to Lebanon as part of a multinational force to help separate the warring Lebanese factions. (Twice during the early 1980s the U.S. had deployed troops to Lebanon to deal with the fall-out from the 1982 Israeli invasion. In the first deployment, Marines helped oversee the peaceful withdrawal of the PLO from Beirut. In mid-September 1982 -- after the U.S. troops had left -- Israel's Lebanese allies massacred an estimated 800 unarmed Palestinian civilians remaining in refugee camps. Following this, 1,800 Marines had been ordered back into Lebanon.)

In his September 2001 FRONTLINE interview, Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger said the U.S. still lacks "actual knowledge of who did the bombing" of the Marine barracks. But it suspected Hezbollah, believed to be supported in part by Iran and Syria. Hezbollah denied its involvement.

The president assembled his national security team to devise a plan of military action. The planned target was the Sheik Abdullah barracks in Baalbek, Lebanon, which housed Iranian Revolutionary Guards believed to be training Hezbollah fighters. Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger aborted the mission, reportedly because of his concerns that it would harm U.S. relations with other Arab nations. Instead, President Reagan ordered the battleship USS New Jersey, stationed off the coast of Lebanon, to the hills near Beirut. The move was seen as largely ineffective.

Four months after the Marine barracks bombing, U.S. Marines were ordered to start pulling out of Lebanon.link (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/etc/cron.html)

We are getting out of the way of a civil war that we precipitated. Bush made this quagmire and the voters in 2006 said, "Get the hell out of there." Your Boy George don't listen to anyone but God and has refused to do what the American people want him to do. Iran and the other extremists will have to contend with the Saudis if they plan on doing anything there because when we leave, that's who will have the influence along with the Arab League. I say leave it to them and bring everyone home.